Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commerce or Bess!

Options
  • 25-02-2011 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,

I am sitting my leaving cert this year and if points stay the same this year I probably we be able to get the points for Commerce in UCD and BESS in Trinity,

From my understanding is that both courses are similar to each other,

I don't know exactly what I want to do after within the world of business but I know I want to go down this path,

I do want to work abroad in the future and possible do a MBA and my question is will BESS or Commerce give me an advantage internationally?

Or does it matter at all?

Does anybody do either of the courses and if so how did you find your opportunities now?

I went to both their open days and I asked them about it and the both said they are the best within Ireland for business but I suppose they are going to say that either way,

Does the international ranking mean anything?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

I do want to work abroad in the future and possible do a MBA and my question is will BESS or Commerce give me an advantage internationally?

An MBA is a post-experience programme, open to people who did not study business as undergrads. There are a variety of business Masters that you can do after a business undergrad.
    Does the international ranking mean anything?

In Ireland probably not. In the US, AACSB accreditation for your undergrad might get you a job or into a postgrad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Commerce if you are sure you want to do Business and BESS if you have doubts and might branch out to politics, sociology or economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 1992kingsley

thanks for replys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xxxOrlxxx

Hi I do Commerce and I'm still not exactly sure what area I'd like to go into but there are loads of people to help you and you do such a wide variety of subjects so figuring it out will be made easy! Any other questions

Advertisement