Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Picture

Options
  • 25-02-2011 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi all,never been in this forum before but thought it might be the best place to get an opinion. I was in Killarney last week at Ross Castle,it was evening time and it was wet so it was just me and the gf there,her camera is a touch screen so this pic was accidently taken DSCN0590.jpg

At the time we took nothing of it but upon reviewing it we can clearly see something resembling a figure in white behind a tree,we were definetly the only people there so....:confused:

Here is the figure cropped and enlarged..
    DSCN0590-1-1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Definitely creepy, but as a rule never say you were certain you were the only one(s) there; if people were always as certain as they say they were then the word stalker wouldn't have a meaning. Still, if this is a normal person by the looks of it stalker is what they must be because it really looks like whatever it is is more-or-less peeping from behind that tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

The clothing isn't really modern on the purpoted ghost. There appears to be a "head" alright but from around the lower knee downwards it starts to disappear.

Sir, this is very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

thats weirrrd. the more i look at it the more i think i see two figures.. one in black standing behind one in white. other part of me thinks maybe its a plastic bag that got blown onto the trunk of the tree or something.. if you could check the area again i guess you could rule out that idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

I'm not saying that this is Paranormal just yet.. but being founder of the Killarney Paranormal Society. We have done a great deal of work at Ross Castle, the grounds around it, with some interesting results.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭loldog

Do you have any of the other pics from the same time? It's a pity this one is so blurred.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

CorkMan wrote: »
    The clothing isn't really modern on the purpoted ghost.
    I really dont know how you can say that about such a blurry image.

Ruth, there is a small building down the road from Ross castle, on the left of the track, heading away from the main way you come in. Its a ruined cottage? Do you know anything about it, or that general area?

Hi Oryx,

I know the cottage your referring to. I don't know any of the history, I know I asked when I did the Ross Castle tour years ago but I can't remember. I can find out for you if you like.

We did use it as part of our investigation and we had our trigger objects being moved, and a couple more little bits.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    Hi Oryx,

I know the cottage your referring to. I don't know any of the history, I know I asked when I did the Ross Castle tour years ago but I can't remember. I can find out for you if you like.

We did use it as part of our investigation and we had our trigger objects being moved, and a couple more little bits.
    The castle was interesting, but that was the spot I found unsettling. Which is why I ask. :)

Two things to note; if it is a plastic bag it is a collosal plastic bag. That being said, though one can't be 100% certain from a photo, judging by the surrounding brush and trees, the figure is not man sized, so if this is a ghost it is likely a small child.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

The blob on the grey post looks more scary

• Advertisement

The blob on the grey post looks more scary

A fear of life-bouys huh? God help you should you ever be drowning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DementoR

Hey thanks for all the replys. I cannot say for certain that we were the only people there but we didnt see anyone else around and we spent a good 45 mins there. I will see if i can find any more pictures from that area and post them but i have no others from that exact spot as the photo was taken by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Looks like a bin liner or plastic sheet stuck on the tree to me. Have you gone back to check>?

kylith wrote: »
    Looks like a bin liner or plastic sheet stuck on the tree to me. Have you gone back to check>?

No I havnt,i was only there for 2 days a couple of weeks ago,not from that area at all.

DementoR wrote: »
    No I havnt,i was only there for 2 days a couple of weeks ago,not from that area at all.
    Fair enough. Looks like a lovely spot.

Oryx wrote: »
    The castle was interesting, but that was the spot I found unsettling. Which is why I ask. :)

Will see what I can find out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

I may be seeing things, but if you look inside what I circle you can see a dog/wolf shaped head. Very creepy as you can make out the ears/nose/eyes. Great picture though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Would be very difficult to even examine such a photo like that. It isn't in the best of picture quality either is it? Could be a bit of rubbish? Were you on an investigation? You really should take quick snaps when taking pictures in my opinion. This seems to be just one snap and that’s it.

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I may be seeing things, but if you look inside what I circle you can see a dog/wolf shaped head. Very creepy as you can make out the ears/nose/eyes. Great picture though.

Pareidolia; it's a life bouy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

GodlessM wrote: »
    Pareidolia; it's a life bouy.

Ah yes, thanks. :)

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Would be very difficult to even examine such a photo like that. It isn't in the best of picture quality either is it? Could be a bit of rubbish? Were you on an investigation? You really should take quick snaps when taking pictures in my opinion. This seems to be just one snap and that’s it.

No like i said it was taken by accident because the camera has a touch screen take picture and one of us hit the screen by accident so the camera was in motion when it was taken hence the poor quality. No we wernt on an investigation,my gf was visiting Killarney for the 1st time and Ross Castle is a beautiful spot.

Some more pics from the area
    DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

Oh oh, how long 'til people start going on and on about the 'orbs' in picture 2 :rolleyes:

Regarding picture 3, is that the spot from the original picture on the right by chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

GodlessM wrote: »
    Oh oh, how long 'til people start going on and on about the 'orbs' in picture 2 :rolleyes:

Regarding picture 3, is that the spot from the original picture on the right by chance?
    Yeah, well orbs would be so hard to actually pin point as something supernatural. There is a thing you can attach to a camera to try and get rid of orbs.

Yeah, well orbs would be so hard to actually pin point as something supernatural. There is a thing you can attach to a camera to try and get rid of orbs.

How did you not pick up the sarcasm, I even left a smiley :o

They are raindrops.

kylith wrote: »
    They are raindrops.

He knows that; hopefully we all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Hi,

I saw your picture and was interested also, so i downloaded FocusMagic trial and used "amount 300%".
    It looks like a gap in the trees. I thought it was an albino squirrel first :) - the Lifebuoy does look a little freaky though

24dn81f.jpg

It benga gap in the trees would also require that there's a huge hole missing out of the floor and a cleanly cut hole at that.

Definitely looks like a plastic bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 1000midgets

looks like a fallow deer.

Advertisement