Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Quality

Options
  • 25-02-2011 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

So recently my old faithful neutopia router decided to kick the bucket. So eircom sent me out a zycel P-660hw-t1 v3. But it has been the worst router i have ever used in my life. The connection randomly drops. The wifi connection barely gets poor as its connection status . My neighbours wifi (who lives quite a bit away ) has the same quality of wifi. Not good enough.

So what is the solution to these problems ?? And dont say turn it on and off or reset it because that doesnt work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Cathald04 wrote: »
    So recently my old faithful neutopia router decided to kick the bucket. So eircom sent me out a zycel P-660hw-t1 v3. But it has been the worst router i have ever used in my life. The connection randomly drops. The wifi connection barely gets poor as its connection status . My neighbours wifi (who lives quite a bit away ) has the same quality of wifi. Not good enough.

So what is the solution to these problems ?? And dont say turn it on and off or reset it because that doesnt work.

Hi Cathald04,

Thanks for conacting eircom on boards.

Can you PM your home phone number and I will take a look at your connection.

If possible please try to complete the following Checklist. This will help rule in /out if the problem is with the exchange, or the modem or with the internal wiring in your house.

http://bit.ly/cTw6pU - Broadband Checklist

It will be greatly appreciated if you could test your modem as advised. It will also assist if we need to send an engineer onsite. Plus completing the Broadband Checklist will also ensure that you are not accountable for any call out charges if found to be an eircom fault. A call out fee is only applied if it is found to be a non-eircom fault.

Please take your time to go through this and let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards

Ant

Advertisement