Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used Graphic Cards Circa €20

Options
  • 25-02-2011 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Almost completed my frankenstein of a build made up of components lying around the house and am currently using it as a HTPC before I sell it on but I need one more component that should increase the value up abit a dedicated gpu I've been looking on adverts.ie for a decent gpu that can do abit of gaming with atleast 256mb of memory and has a PCI-E interface but no luck as people seem to ask for a tad bit more than I'm willing to pay out for one (€20 or €25 if I have to) and the story only gets worse the good deals I did find are out of my location and I don't have a car so I'm not able to travel to them =[.
    If I was to be buying online I'd need to pay for by a 3V voucher so it literaly can't be over €20 so now I'm completely stumped =/
    Any advice or see any good deals?

Here's the system specs so far:

CPU: Intel Pentium D 820 2.8ghz
    RAM: 3GB DDR2 (1x1GB, 1x2GB)
    Motherboard: ASUS P5N73-CM
    HDD: Seagate 640gb sata
    Disc Drive: DVD+RW IDE
    Case: Compaq Presario SR1000
    + 350w PSU, TV Card and Windows 7

Performs amazingly as it is atm hence why I'd like to put a gpu in rather than use the intergrated video =[

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭JCW

You can have my GeForce g210 if you want I need it for another week or so just waiting to order my new card for my bday next week so if your in no hurry for it and your interested its yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭IrishMetalhead

thanks man =D
    if i havn't found anything by then i'll defo take you up on your offer.
    but sad to say i am in a hurry tho cause i need the money from selling it asp.
    BTW how much will ya be wanting for it?

thanks man =D
    if i havn't found anything by then i'll defo take you up on your offer.
    but sad to say i am in a hurry tho cause i need the money from selling it asp.
    BTW how much will ya be wanting for it?

Tenner + p&p if you cant collect (Theres no box or anything) not really much point in coming to dub for a ten euro graphics card!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Just wondering are you sure that psu can handle that cpu and a card as if I remember correctly them cpu's eat alot of power for what they are?

Yea I already tested a 7300le, x1300 and a 7900gs without any power issues even tho I was expecting power failure with the 7900gs but it hung in there at load without a sweat

(BTW the x1300 and 7900gs arn't mine one belongs to a mate and the other belongs to a client and the 7300le completely sucks for gaming if anyone was wondering why i'm not using them)

• Advertisement

Good news Metalhead I ordered my new card+PSU today delivery is tuesday so all going well you can have my old card then

Brilliant but I might not need it because my friend said he might be getting a new GPU and he's just gonna give me his x1300 if he does but I'll have to wait and see tho.
    Atleast I'm garenteed one now thanks JCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Gotta love happy endings:)

Hey Metalhead just letting you know I got my new PSU and card last night so you can my old card if you still need it

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭jme2010

Almost completed my frankenstein of a build made up of components lying around the house

Aw....is their one boardie here who hasn't built a frankenstein machine before? I seriously doubt it, and if their are, shame on your cash happy attitude.

And I love the way I thought my machine performed amazingly aswell.

Old Franky was a 64 bit single core athlon with 256MB of DDR not DDR2, and onboard graphics, until he got a "beast" of an 8400gs. Jesus that card was huge, at least 5.5" in lenght 2.5" high and wafter PCB thin.

Then one day....theres always a bigger fish. The XFX 8800 GT 512MB DDR3, pi-chu, pi-chu "laser" sounds.
    ====================================

You'll get there one day.

Signed

-Mr. 6970

• Advertisement

Grand I'll know by early this week if iI'll need it off you =D
    BTW what exact model of the 210 do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Ive an ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP if you can support it; only used like 2 times :P

sorry it has to be pci-e

Grand I'll know by early this week if iI'll need it off you =D
    BTW what exact model of the 210 do you have?

Original G210 i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

lol all 4 of my pc's are frankenstiens

one is still out of action though due to a blown capacitor on the motherboard (the end of the month ill replace the mobo)

the rest run sweet as a nut though also though one pc is a lil slow to get started but im might upgrade the hard drive to an ssd at some point to fix that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

lol all 4 of my pc's are frankenstiens

one is still out of action though due to a blown capacitor on the motherboard (the end of the month ill replace the mobo)

the rest run sweet as a nut though also though one pc is a lil slow to get started but im might upgrade the hard drive to an ssd at some point to fix that issue.

Repair the mobo / replace the cap and you get a cookie.

That's how we roll in these parts. New mobo, pfft, amateur :D

mate still waiting on his new gpu so i'm still waiting to see what happens.
    btw he giving me a 7950gs not a x1300 pro the x1300 is just his back up card so abit a good news for myself then =]

Advertisement