Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 3.56 firmware - how can I mod it? & Looking to mod my 360 too.

• 25-02-2011 5:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I recently posted about modding my wii and ds, which I am currently doing thanks to the advice I got on here :) so i guess i am looking to mod the rest of my consoles after (hey why not :) ) I've got a passing knowledge on the modscene. But dont know how to do things :) So for give my noobness :P

PS3
    I have a launch ps3 model and I know the jailbreak came out a few months ago and if you updated past an update (which I did) then you couldnt do it anymore. However I heard the ps3 master keys or something got leaked. So I am wondering can I mod my ps3 that currently has V. 3.56 firmware? Or am I screwed?

Xbox 360
    I bought a Xbox 360 last july and it has a manufacturing date past that of a j-tagg'able console I have found out. Its also a lite on drive as it has that yellow wire. I have heard that a mod chip is the only way to go in this case. Is that true? and also, I guess, how hard would it be to install one? ... I did some soldering when I was 15. Nothing major. In fact, very very little. But it wouldnt be the first time I held a soldering iron. Could someone of my skill do the job? Or its something best left to one with experience?

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Luftwaffles

You could hack the PS3, using a software download. Although Sony's equipped to detect consoles running on the PSN using different operating systems.
    Essentially if you use it you''ll be caught and permabanned.
    I heard people are offering to take your PS3 and mod it so it's undetectable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

So as it stands ...
    I can mod my v. 3.56 ps3 just by downloading certain software? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

in the title it says that you have 3.55, but then in post says 3.56.

which one is it, because if it I'd 3.56 then you can't do anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

First of all, have you tried looking in Witnessmenow's very detailed modding FAQ? The section on the 360 is quite extensive - Link

Secondly, we have a new thread detailing PS3 firmware already, please use that.

Thirdly -yeah your screwed re the ps3 for the moment. 3.56 is not downgradeable via homebrew methods, & do not enter servce mode to try or you'll have no way to exit it.

I'll leave the thread open for the 360 question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

That FAQ is potentially very useful, must give a tidy up one of these days!

• Advertisement
Advertisement