Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close Call !!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Probably only using blanks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Probably only using blanks?

Yes definetly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

They are definitely blanks. Always used at funerals/memorials, etc. Even a blank has a muzzle blast so that would account for the cap being knocked off..
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    They are definitely blanks. Always used at funerals/memorials, etc. Even a blank has a muzzle blast so that would account for the cap being knocked off..

Blanks can cause serious injury at close range, I saw a windscreen shatter from a 9mm blank fired from a gustav years ago, the officer in the vehicle **** himself, as did the oficer who fired it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

Blanks can cause serious injury at close range, I saw a windscreen shatter from a 9mm blank fired from a gustav years ago, the officer in the vehicle **** himself, as did the oficer who fired it:D

The 'blanks' fired from a Gustav have a wax/resin bullet head which is designed to disintegrate into dust when fired when the special blank firing adapter is fitted. If the adapter isn't fitted you have a potentially lethal softer version of a ballistic tip bullet. I've seen eejits fire them from a BAP. Fortunately they were as crap a shot as they were idiots.

• Advertisement

DJandDeid wrote: »
    The 'blanks' fired from a Gustav have a wax/resin bullet head which is designed to disintegrate into dust when fired when the special blank firing adapter is fitted. If the adapter isn't fitted you have a potentially lethal softer version of a ballistic tip bullet. I've seen eejits fire them from a BAP. Fortunately they were as crap a shot as they were idiots.

ya it was fired without attachment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Blanks are quite dangerous.

hot gas force out a small hole.

I have seen them blow a timber box apart at point blank

Get the Demo every year or so.

Notice Muzzle Flash without

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Jon-Erik Hexum, killed by a blank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum

I know a guy in the army years ago who was shot by a blank, "debris" gave him a burn, didn't penetrate.

Allegedly the shooter got a kicking off the sergeant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Easy tell its a blank because if there is no blank firing adaptor on the rifles when using blanks the gun has to be cocked after firing every round.

Also the old saying of "what goes up... " is applied in these situations so for ceremonial use blanks are all thats used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Thats nothing, what about an ociffer clearing a rifle down range while a recruit is taking in the flag above the butts:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement