Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Oh, best of luck!

Just got word that I passed, yippee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

boomerang wrote: »
    Oh, best of luck!

Congratulations, well done:)

Definite feline shenanigans yesterday. I was out for most of yesterday and when I got home all 3 were strangley sheepish. Felix had a scratched nose and the waste basket in the bathroom was on it's side. Felix reclaimed the spare bed today, he used to live on that bed in the winter as its next to a radiator, but Toby had been sleeping on it for the last week or so. I'm guessing he found Toby on it and chased him into the bathroom.

Summer had a dead mouse under a car yesterday morning, she looked very pleased with herself. I'll be glad when the wasps die off. I went back to check on her on my way back from the supermarket and saw that most of the food was untouched and she came running up to me. When I went to the bowl it was covered in wasps. I managed to get the bowl with a stick and relocate it so she got it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

boomerang wrote: »
    Oh, best of luck!

Well done.

My little foster boy came home this evening after having the pins out of his back leg. One went straight down and was pulled out easily, the other went across and somehow he'd managed to bend it, so was difficult for the vets to take it out, and its very sore. Poor boy has a cone back on his head and stitches again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

muddypaws wrote: »
    Well done.

My little foster boy came home this evening after having the pins out of his back leg. One went straight down and was pulled out easily, the other went across and somehow he'd managed to bend it, so was difficult for the vets to take it out, and its very sore. Poor boy has a cone back on his head and stitches again.

What a nightmare :(! Luckily all Bailey's 'hardware' stayed in after his ops. We had a scare after the first OP where he went lame and the vet thought a pin had broken out of place but everything was fine thank god! I

My poor little baba did a bit more runny poo around 6:30 and nothing since. I have a bowl of chicken, rice and canned pumpkin to try her with a spoom or two in the morning. Feeling a very guilty - I thought she was fine this morning and not only gave her breakfast but a banana kong while I was getting ready for work like always AND a biscuit in the kong for being so quiet in her crate - I thought she was fine or I wouldn't have given so much. I got one of those syringes for giving babies medicine in the chemist for the diarsanyl - delighted I could pick it off the shelf instead of having to explain what I wanted it for lol!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I swear to god it's the littlest things in life that make me happy. Eddie (the cat) arrived yesterday and in 28hrs is already using his litter tray!!! I swear, I'm over the moon :D:D

Literally nobody but us will "get this", but he was a stray and is, at a guess about a year old. I only got him yesterday and I had 3 trays (1 with Lidls litter, 2 with wood pellets). Just in case.

He has been "diddling" around (anxious) for the last hour and I knew he needed to poo.I don't think I need to explain myself here. :D

There is a select few people in the world, who will understand the happiness that ensues on seeing "no parasites" and "lovely poos" and one happy cat!

Ah, cats....lightening quick learners and one new happy owner :pac::pac:

anniehoo wrote: »
    I swear to god it's the littlest things in life that make me happy. Eddie (the cat) arrived yesterday and in 28hrs is already using his litter tray!!! I swear, I'm over the moon :D:D

Literally nobody but us will "get this", but he was a stray and is, at a guess about a year old. I only got him yesterday and I had 3 trays (1 with Lidls litter, 2 with wood pellets). Just in case.

He has been "diddling" around (anxious) for the last hour and I knew he needed to poo.I don't think I need to explain myself here. :D

There is a select few people in the world, who will understand the happiness that ensues on seeing "no parasites" and "lovely poos" and one happy cat!

Ah, cats....lightening quick learners and one new happy owner :pac::pac:

It's like winning the lotto lol! We had a bad poo at lunchtime and nothing since - plenty of water has been drunk and 2 more small meals this afternoon/evening so fingers crossed she's ok. My poor mum is exhausted from being on poo patrol all week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I can definitely understand the happiness of finding a good poo :p our new one was all over the place the first few days. Had bad diarrhoea and even went all over my step dad after the bath we had to give her! She is long haired too so it was not fun. Thank god she's better now!

Well Lucy's poos are poo shaped at least now but still sloppy and a bit gross - we switched to raw on day one so a high standard was set lol!

We went to the beach this morning and Bailey found what I think might have been a ray's tail / long narrow fish. He swung it around for a while then got bored, a few mins later he ran back up to it carried it to where we were shaking it the whole time..then ate it whole!! It was like a pelican eating a fish - still in shock at it! No sign of it yet so hopefully it won't be coming back to us lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I found Mouse killed on a road this morning.
    My lovely neighbour came and told me he thought it was her, it was, my daughter still hasn't stopped crying, we're heartbroken.

• Advertisement

mymo wrote: »
    My lovely neighbour came and told me he thought it was her, it was, my daughter still hasn't stopped crying, we're heartbroken.

Oh god poor mouse and your family :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Im so sorry mymo to hear that. Heartbreaking stuff xx

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

mymo wrote: »

Oh no mymo, I'm so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

So sorry to hear Mymo. :(

I'm so sorry to hear about Mouse mymo:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Ah no Mymo, that's awful news.
    RIP Mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Aw no how awful, always dread that happening here :( RIP mouse xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

So sorry mymo. Love to all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Really sorry to read that Mymo. Take care of yourself x

Soooo sorry Mymo :(:( I know exactly how you are feeling! It's beyond heartbreaking losing them *hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I am so sorry for your loss Mymo. Terrible terrible news.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mentalist101

Sorry for your loss Mymo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Thanks everyone, still keep expecting her to pounce, purring over the back of the sofa onto our shoulders like she always did.
    I know everyone here understands the loss, all the dogs and cats are in all day for cuddles, and very quiet, we'll all miss her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

So sorry for your loss :( she was a beauty. Reminds me very much of my own kitty blue. Can't imagine what you're going through

I really don't know what people have against cats. I went to feed the little stray we've been feeding(Summer is now known as Pepper) and the food bowls were gone. I noticed the same thing a few days ago and didn't think much of it. I change them for clean ones every day and never leave any rubbish.

There's a young family of settled nomadic brethren who've moved in recently and they've been watching me so I'm guessing it's them, it wasn't happening before they moved in. She's also been really freaked out and scared a few times lately and almost wouldn't approach us. We've decided that if she's still outdoors by the end of the month we'll bring her home to our house.

It gives an extra month for things to settle after Toby's arrival, he and Felix are still tetchy with each other to say the least. If only Toby would stop laying across door ways:rolleyes:

:D:D:D Came out of the park this morning with the doggies and what do I spy tied to a railing on the opposite side of the road - the football bandana we lost last week!!!! Made my day lol!

tk123 wrote: »
    :D:D:D Came out of the park this morning with the doggies and what do I spy tied to a railing on the opposite side of the road - the football bandana we lost last week!!!! Made my day lol!
    It really is the little things in life isn't it!

anniehoo wrote: »
    It really is the little things in life isn't it!

YES lol!! I can call off my spies now!! Everyone was on the lookout for a strange dog wearing Bailey's bandana haha

I almost forgot, we were asleep this morning and were woken by weird caterwauling in the kitchen. I ran down the stairs thinking Felix and Toby were getting ready to fight. Jazzy was inside the catflap with fur bushed out and Toby was looking calmly bewildered. I looked out the door and nothing there, turned around and there was a tabby cat on the armchair all terrified. He's the image of Jazzy and must be from the same parent, but much younger.

Tabby puss belongs to distant neighbours and got accidentally trapped when we were trying to tnr Oscar. Anyway, I put Toby in the living room and Jazzy went out the front door so I could get Tabby out safely. It was only later on that I found their big catnip filled toy fish under the catflap. Puss must've been trying to steal it and they caught him, blooming thing is a foot long:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Today I blued a small fortune buying a Thundershirt and a giant black Kong for my mother-in-law's poor, anxious young rottie. I hope to goodness it helps him. Poor thing is a bundle of nerves in any new situation, and goes to pieces on long car journeys, although kudos, she has done wonders for him in everyday situations, from where he was at the start.

He did seem to benefit from the bandaging when we did him the last time we were there, able to lie and relax much longer, and much less panting, but she can't do him on her own, the big, wriggly eejit, and his inevitable wriggling, even when he is a bit more relaxed, means the bandage WILL move and have to be done again after half an hour.

So here's hoping the Thundershirt works better for him. They also insist on living in the far end of Donegal, which is why I am doing her doggy shopping for her :rolleyes: Any more help crossing fingers for Benny the poor neurotic rescue Rottie would be greatly appreciated. He is sooo drop-dead handsome, and an absolute sweetheart, but oh, such a bundle of nerves!

Came from the pound a couple months ago, about 6 months old at the time, and no idea what the poor lad has been through, but he sure does need support poor darling!

ETA: Oh and he is gonna be a big Rottie: almost 35kg when we saw him last month, dwarfing poor Lola, and still markedly croup-high! Definitely will be a big and very beautiful boy once he is done growing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement