Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I was thinking of poor Casper too - I'd so hoped that he'd be ok. So loyal!
    I hugged my osky a lot harder after that too.

Josie looks priceless :D

I need to put up a thread about asking for dog walkers for the pair of ours, I think... nothing to be found on ads or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Spent my morning watching these two playing :D
    Sylbs eye is a bit sore though (you can see it right at the end), but it's a lot better than it was 2 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Oh my god - that's so adorable!! They look like such good buddies. Have they met without the glass between them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Just played the video with the sound up. My JRT who is minding me as I am ill in bed at the moment, woke from her slumber at the end of the bed barking when she heard another JRT :D

My lady hates cats so I guess the message was coming across that there was a cat involved!

Have just spent the last few minutes calming her down and assuring her that she is an only dog and no cat is trying to get her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Oh my god - that's so adorable!! They look like such good buddies. Have they met without the glass between them?

Not properly. Whenever Poppy's in the yard he watches from under the bushes and we've tried opening the door and having her on a lead but she gets VERY excited and usually scares him away :(

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

anniehoo wrote: »
    Are you IN LOVE yet??? :D:D
    Kinda... I'm not very good with relationships of any kind and if this were a human, we'd have gone our separate ways long ago hahaha. But part of it is getting used to the idea that its not all rubs and hugs and ball playing. I'm looking forward to when he has a little less energy because he never ever stops at the moment and is a real handful especially when new people call around. He's basically nuts. :)

But we're growing on each other in many ways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

That is such a lovely video. I envy you the calm in your house. Last night I was on my own with the cats and the 3 boys decided to have a power struggle for our bed. In the end Jazzy and Toby decided to share the spare half, after lots of hissing, swatting and growling, then Toby vanished off during the night to be replaced by Felix chasing Jazzy off the bed at 6am.

I fed them at that point and left the door open in Poppys room with the pet gate closed tight. Luckily I was reading as she somehow squeezed out through the bars and ended up in our room. The catflap is on open mode so she could have just pushed the flap and vanished out:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We got another kitty today, and she's sooooooo cute!
    I went to see her and she climbed into my arms, she purred all through the vet exam and vaccination (he struggled to hear her heart but she just wouldn't stop), and even purred at the dogs.
    Cats have seen her, but not to close, but I am hopeful that things will go well with her.
    No name yet, I'll post a pic in the pet pics thread shortly.

Brilliant :D I was wondering if that's what your feliway comment was about. Can't wait for photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:mad: went to collect perscription in vets after being told yesterday it'd be ready today.. waiting 15 mins to be told it wasn't ready and could I call back - it should be ready for tomorrow.. Vet had only stated one pill a day but not for how long - should be two a day for 6 weeks as per the second opinion report I gave them last week! Completely fed up with the place tbh :( And all the onions are mouldy so dinner I had planned ruined :p

• Advertisement

I hate rainy days, 4 cats and 2 of them have been shouting at me since 6am. One is sound asleep in his basket and the other has finally stopped jumping on me:( Still I wouldn't be without any of them, even if I am grumpy as hell now:D

Same here pumpkinseeds, dog barking at me too, I wish I spoke dog, and cat, would make life sooo much easier.

I suspect he wants into my daughters room to see the new kitten, he wants to play with her but she's not sure about him, if he's still and quiet she's fine, but when he jumps up and down barking and play bowing, then she growls.

Here's the first picture I took, she walked over to daughter and into her arms..
    IMAG0444_zps20e5ec1c.jpg

She purrs really loud, and loves cuddles, still no name, but daughter suggested Freyja after the Norse goddess who rides a chariot pulled by cats!

Rainy here too but not bad this morning so didn't need to put Bailey's raincoat on him. He squeezed in to the puppy's crate to hide out yesterday when he saw it in my hand lol!

I have a huge piece of vet bed in Bailey's bed - the puppy wee'd on it yesterday! :rolleyes: We don't have a dryer and I think if I cut it in hald it might fit into the washing machine but that still leaves the problem of drying it! Last time I washed the other huge piece it was on a hot day with the power washer so it dried in the sun. Will it dry outside on a dry day or so I need heat?:confused:

Tk, do you have a bath?
    Wash in bath, let drip dry, will dry in about 24 hrs.

mymo wrote: »
    Tk, do you have a bath?
    Wash in bath, let drip dry, will dry in about 24 hrs.

Oh thanks!! Didn't think of that! Last time it was a nightmare - I sprayed it for ages and it absorbed all the water - I had to keep rolling it up and standing on it lol and then it took 2 of us to lift it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well, I'm not in the good books at the minute:rolleyes: Just dropped Rusty off to the groomer and was told to collect him just before they close! Apparently they will need the full day to sort him out:eek:

To say he wasn't impressed is an understatement!

This is him before, will post an after shot later:)
    DSC_1698.jpg

I have never seen such a lazy kitten as Isabelle (think we settled on that).
    Mouse was mental and never slept, Isabelle just lays around, very regally, chirruping for rubs!
    All the time!

Poppy let me have a lay in til 7.30am before turning into a little meowing alarm clock. I brought up her breakfast and found that she'd regurgitated 4 lots of hairball/tinned salmon during the night. So I cleaned up all of that and her litter tray, turned around while boiling the kettle to find her behind me in the kitchen, she'd jumped the pet gate:rolleyes:

She then proceeded to deposit one of the most noxious poops I've ever smelled in my life, in to the chaps litter box. So bad I'd to open a window, all this before I even had a cup of coffee.

Well as expected, Rusty was delighted to see me, quickly followed by a period of sulking in his bed!
    DSC_1700.jpg

BTW: he smelt gorgeous and he was about half the size!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Just back from a couple of days away and my pair were DELIGHTED to see me home. I reckon with the weather being so bad they didn't get out on as many walks as usual. I have a foster dog here as well, a big blocky lab cross, who is a bit of a nervous baby, not only was he delighted, but I could see the 'relief' in his face that I was back. He's not great with new people and while he had met my dog minder/neighbour a good few times, he was still a bit nervous to approach him.

• Advertisement

We got an extra small padded dog harness to put on our cat Poppy tomorrow to let her explore the garden, I'm dreading getting it on her, may God have mercy on our souls:D She's so determined to get out now that she's loitering near doors waiting to make a break for it and I don't want her getting lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Poppy let me have a lay in til 7.30am before turning into a little meowing alarm clock. I brought up her breakfast and found that she'd regurgitated 4 lots of hairball/tinned salmon during the night. So I cleaned up all of that and her litter tray, turned around while boiling the kettle to find her behind me in the kitchen, she'd jumped the pet gate:rolleyes:

She then proceeded to deposit one of the most noxious poops I've ever smelled in my life, in to the chaps litter box. So bad I'd to open a window, all this before I even had a cup of coffee.

she sounds like my twos long lost sister :pac:

We (me and BB) were at a tricks workshop all day - great fun!! I'd forgotten how much fun training can be - have to start doing more of it with the fur kids :p

Well, we got the harness on Poppy yesterday, without stressing her, didn't get the retractable leash on fast enough and she'd run upstairs and wriggled her way out of it in minutes:rolleyes:

I posted this in the Clare forum but thought I'd ask here in case any regular Clare readers see it: I'm on holiday in Doolin with the dogs and I forgot to pack any of their chew toys. I brought an entire backpack of stuff for them, but did I include a single toy? Oh no I didn't.

Anyway, I'm wondering is there a pet shop anywhere in the area? I'm specifically hoping to get nylon chews, but that's probably wishful thinking. Theres a decent looking Supervalu in Ennistimon where I can hopefully get some basic toys if all else fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Offhand I can't think of anywhere that'd sell nylabones between there and Ennis.

I swear Tara is going to end up locked in her crate if she doesn't pack this in! I'm trying to study and of course every 10-15 mins she starts crying to go out, so up I get and put her out, only as soon as I sit down and start again she starts crying and scratching the door to come back in!
    If I wasn't studying I could guarantee she'd be fast asleep in her bed:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well, Isabella finally succumbed to her old age this evening. I'll probably do up a post for the departed pets thread in time, but I know she had a few 'fans' in here...

It looks like it was very sudden on the way back to her bed from her food bowl. I'd say I found her maybe 2-3 hours after it happened. She'd been doing so well, too. Had a big run and snuggle last night and everything.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that news. I was a great fan of hers, think she was one of the cutest little things I have ever seen.

• Advertisement

So sorry to hear about Isabella, loved seeing her photos. I think she had the most wonderful life possible with you and couldn't of wanted for anything more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement