Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Awww no... I'm so sorry to hear that baby and crumble :-(
    Isabella had quite the fan base here, I always enjoyed reading about what she was up to and seeing your pics of her. I especially loved the photo from last Christmas when she was all snuggled up in... Was it a furry toy Christmas pudding she'd got in the Secret Santa? :-) It was the cutest of cute photos.
    For such a little thing, she won quite a few hearts, I'm sure you'll miss her like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Really sorry to hear that :( I never understood what great pets rodents made until I read your posts about Isabella and saw what a great little personality she had. I'll miss seeing her cute chubby face on the photos thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Awwww noooo not Isabella :(:(:(:( I'm so sorry Baby and Crumble, I'm heartbroken for you. She was my favourite Boards Pet. Such sad news to read this morning *Hugs* She was treated like a Princess and couldn't have wanted for a better life than she had with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

RIP Isabella :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

RIP Isabella. She had a great life with you though, and was definitely the A+PI rodent mascot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks for the posts, guys. Didn't want to drag the Off topic thread down but it's been cool to hear replies. We're just about to leave to bring her up to our vets for cremation. I don't know how long we'll last without having a pet in the house, it's even been weird already and it's not 24 hours! But we'll see. Isabella was a bit on of a kind to me, so time will tell though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

So sorry to hear about Isabella, she was lucky to have such an amazing life with you, she couldn't have asked for better!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Nothing but bad news today:(. One of my boarding dogs who was diagnosed with liver cancer six weeks ago was pts today. She had gone rapidly downhill in the past couple of days and it was time. :(. She was such a little sweetheart of a dog who loved nothing more than a cuddle and a belly rub. Her owners are devastated, she was such good company for them and got them out of the house for her walks. (they were an older couple)
    RIP little Mindy. :(

Sakes! Bailey is asleep down the middle of the bed not getting my hints to move and barely enough of the quilt to cover me ...and Lucy is rolling around the crate banging off the (plastic) sides and snoring! :rolleyes: :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The humidity is awful here, I'm sick of sweltering during the night, I'm always very hot and my 3 male cats seem to take their turns sleeping on the duvet at the back of my knees, not comfy for me though. I let Felix out the back at 6am and 2 wasps flew in, while I was trying to get them out a 3rd flew in. We usually just trap insects in a glass and pop them out but these weren't having it.

So there I was with a vileda mop in 1 hand and a can of Mr Sheen in the other on a wasp killing mission. Had to shut Poppy in the hall while Felix refused to budge from outside doormat:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh thats happened to use twice in the last few weeks - they fly in and go straight for the light and buzz around/land on it. I've started closing the door behind me now when I take them out in the morning! My friend was stung last week just over her eye and it really swelled up!

I let Poppy into the back garden for a few minutes with me yesterday afternoon and she was thrilled, my nerves were jangling in case she did a runner though. Gonna take her out there again shortly as she's gotta get her bearings, she tries to dash out with the chaps all the time now.

I have to take Felix back to the vet in the morning. His ear is driving him nuts. He had a polyps removed a few years ago and it's impossible to get all of it as it grew through the bone. Anyway sometimes wax builds up and rattles around in there annoying him, our vet cleaned it out last month when he had his booster but it's back and he's miserable:(

There's a small hole in the ear apparently and the vet says not to put anything in his ear. Poor little guy is driven demented scratching at it, tilting his head and being all forlorn. Can't bear to see him so miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Kitten just tried to stick a paw in my hot chocolate!
    Naughty Isabelle trying fish out one of the two marshmallows I got!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I asked my OH to pick up food for Poppy recently and he came home with Pedigree dry :rolleyes:. She was absolutely impossible and wired to the moon on it as we'd nothing else to feed her until I went to maxi zoo and picked up some proper/healthier stuff and once I did, the change in her was unbelievable. She's already more settled, less hungry and sleeping through the night again.
    It made me think though.. I wonder how many people give up/give away their dogs because they're hyper/hard to handle when it could all be because they're feeding their dogs a food that from what I've read here/experienced with Poppy is essentially like feeding their kids nothing but McDonalds/Sweets every day.
    I'm not saying this would be the only cause for over-excitable/hard to manage dogs, but the difference in Poppy while she was eating it was incomparable to the dog she was before it and that she is after it.

Poor Felix is sick of having his ear poked at. Because of the hole in his ear we can't put any drops in so the vet put him on antibiotics and painkillers today. We've to take him back next week for a check on it and the vet may have to make up something we can use on it.

Poor chap, if only whoever had him before us had just taken him to the vet when the problem started he wouldn't be having all these issues with it. He's not been himself lately and Toby's been making a power play for our bed at night. Normally Felix would've run him out of the room but he just mewls at him in a sad whiney little way, it's heartbreaking. Hopefully he's gonna be back on form soon. He's had such a lot of surgery on that ear, and of course it was a pre-existing condition so isn't covered by our insurance.

Poor Felix, I hope he doesn't need surgery.
    Our Toby was handed into rescue due to a medical issues his owners didn't want to treat, apparently they said they had lots of other pets and the vet was too expensive, kittens were free. It made me so mad, he's a lovely boy, and one vet trip and a change of diet and he's been fine since. (We have him 5 years)
    Although it did take us a few months to stop him eating bread and stuff.
    It really makes me mad when I hear, it's just a cat, or it'll get better by itself from people, it's the attitude I hear so much.
    Hugs to Felix, hope he feels better soon.x

Sigh, it's becoming one of those days. I knocked my mug of coffee off the arm of the sofa, all over me, the laptop, the magazines etc. Went upstairs to get some clean throws from the airing cupboard and Toby followed me, stood in Poppy's litter box and peed all over the floor:confused: Maybe I should have stayed in bed today.

Poor Felix, and poor you by the sound of things!!

Poor Felix, and poor you by the sound of things!!
    At least my coffee was cold. How are you holding up?

At least my coffee was cold. How are you holding up?

Ah, grand. It's been weird not having a pet in the house. Really bizarre. Although it's kind of nice to be able to burn incense in the room... can't really do that with a hammie in situ, it's bad for their respitory systems.

I think we've pretty much decided to see about getting a new hammie in the next few months. We want to plan it a bit, and my gf really wants to get a baby this time- Isabella was already fully grown when we got her. And I'd really like a long-haired. So we're going to do some research into breeders we can get to- we've found one up North, and I know that one of the pet shops in town breed their own hammies prety selectively, so I'd be happy to support them either. But we have a holiday to the Christmas markets in Germany in December so we'll wait until after that so the little flufster doesn't have to go into boarding soon after we get him or her.

Well, that was long-winded!!!

• Advertisement

A house doesn't feel like a home without a pet. You're right to take some time out before getting your next furry family member:)

My mam was watching fair city, and a doorbell rang in it. Peach went ape! Running from the door to the window and back again growling! She's better than any guard dog, even if the noise was only on telly :P

My mam was watching fair city, and a doorbell rang in it. Peach went ape! Running from the door to the window and back again growling! She's better than any guard dog, even if the noise was only on telly :P

The training day we were at on Saturday had a doorbell for their shop. It rang a few times during the day and the dogs all went mad including Bailey - we don't have a door bell lol! :p

So I pulled my back lifting Lucy up yesterday morn... This morning I let her walk down the stairs and turned my back for seconds while I turned off the alarm but she'd already wee'd all over the new (2 months old) carpet! :( So annoyed I didn't plan ahead and have alarm off, doors unlocked and THEN bring her downstairs!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

had to laugh this morning, let the dogs out, Tara normally gets put on a lead to go out as she tends to leg it. Thought I had it attached when I opened the door - nope she took off a rate of knots through to the neighbours garden - they leave food out for the birds on the ground.

Rusty just sat and looked at the gap in the fence where she went and looked at me as if to say "am I allowed to go as well?":D
    He is so well behaved compared to that bould madam:rolleyes:

My mom admitted she has a favorite cat last night! :eek::eek::eek: That's like saying she has a favorite child!!!

My mom admitted she has a favorite cat last night! :eek::eek::eek: That's like saying she has a favorite child!!!

What's more important is, do the cats have a favourite person?

mymo wrote: »

Yep, me :P

Yep, me :P

I'm sure you're her favourite child too, just don't tell the others ;)

• Advertisement

mymo wrote: »
    They do apparently have 1 person they bond with most. You'd think it would be the one who provides the food at 6am and cleans out the litter tray but no, not in this house:rolleyes: Speaking of litter trays, it occurred to me this morning while cleaning one of Poppy's toxic deposits out of ours, that I seem to be the one on litter box duty all the time, I must be losing my touch:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement