Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's a very fancy sounding thing but it isn't really serious. They don't really know a lot about what causes it. If it gets bad she can have antibiotics but she's been a lot better since she's been with us getting plenty of food and tlc. Our vet said she treated a cat with it recently who had to have her paws bandaged as her paws were so sore:eek:. So we'll limit the amount of outdoor access she has anyway. Doubt she'll want out for long in this weather anyway.

I'm not sure how much fluids cats should have daily, I usually just mix some water in to the food for Jazzy as he's bad at drinking but the other 3 happily drink plenty of fresh water. At least your chap is indoors with his cold and warm and dry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

When we were doing fluid therapy we were told 50ml/kg/day. Not sure if that's just intravenous therapy but I'd say it would give you an idea of how much he should be getting! :)

Oh dear God, Poppy will be the death of me. We had a power cut in our town, after the power came back she escaped out the back door and did a runner,*there's me in my pajamas and socks trying to coax her out from under a neighbours car:o, off she trots the full length of the back of the terrace with me calling her.

Felix, Jazzy and Toby came with me and Felix decided to start doing the howly whiney thing at Toby, which only made Poppy more edgy. I managed to get her to follow me up the front of the terrace and coaxed her in with a pouch of food. During all that the power went off again, briefly. So there's me in the dark 3 cats trotting along beside me, trying to find a black cat in the shadows with only the light from my mobile as a torch. My feet are frozen.

Oh, and just for good measure the battery in the cat flap has died at some point and we don't have a spare square 1 here to replace it, so she's going to be shut in her room tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Pumpkinseeds I think you deserve a very large glass of something after all that ;)

Layinghen wrote: »
    Pumpkinseeds I think you deserve a very large glass of something after all that ;)
    I do to, sadly all that's in the house at the moment is cola, have to get an emergency supply tomorrow:D She's on the arm of the sofa looking angelic now.

• Advertisement

Probably plotting her next adventure :D

Probably plotting her next adventure :D
    Oh she's just given it another try, Felix is all stressed out now and went for Toby so as I was letting Toby out the back, madam tried to make a break for it:rolleyes:

Think you need to have a serious chat with them. Tell them Mummy's had it, there's only cola in the house and everyone's going to bed...........I'm sure that will do it:D

Think you need to have a serious chat with them. Tell them Mummy's had it, there's only cola in the house and everyone's going to bed...........I'm sure that will do it:D

Oh we have that conversation several times a day here lately. They just don't care. It's just been really stressful for Felix having Toby move in over the Summer and then we brought Poppy in 5 weeks ago on Friday. He's not a happy kitty. I haven't been able to get the calming pills into him for the last few days as I'm hiding antibiotics and painkiller in his food.

He's used to being the centre of attention and to bullying Jazzy, so having Toby trying to take over our bed and Poppy being the little ball of chaos that she is, is stressing him out. Mommy needs a very large bottle of something. Shame they don't make a Feliway for humans:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yaaay Yaaay yaaaay! The hitch for the car (towbar with a hole instead if swan neck thing) arrived today, myself and my Dad put it on so Bailey was able to try out his new Otto Step. I LOVE it!! So much handier than the ramp and I can store in the boot with both dogs without losing any space! :D delighted!

• Advertisement

Toby and Poppy seem to want to be with me constantly these days. Wherever I go in the house they're both right behind me. Poor Felix still seems to be finding them overwhelming. He's doing a kind of whiney upset howling whenever Toby tries to walk past him. I was hoping it would all settle down but it seems worse with Poppys here.

Maybe it's just that I can't sneak the zylkene into him lately, either way it's exhausting. I feel like I've got 4 very demanding children. I'm hoping things will calm down when Poppy can use the flap. She's hammering away at it to get out since 2am. I was letting her have the run of the house at night since the chaps were settled but now she's waking me up on and off so she'll have to stay in her room for a few nights.

We're only letting her out to explore in the daytime until late evening but not after dark yet

Dude has a show Sunday. He got into the coal bunker this morning. His little white socks are jet black. Whyyyyyyy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Quick update on Sylbs before I pop off to bed...
    Steam, baby food, cat milk, syringe feeding, cotton buds and tissues worked a treat and he was feeling much better by the next day (thursday).
    Today we left the bathroom door open for him so he could explore at his own pace and this evening he decided to join us in the lounge for family time in front of the fire. He stayed between the two chairs but enjoyed lots of pats and even some kisses from Poppy. Cinnamon is mostly ignoring him, she's not too fussed to talk to him but I'm sure we'll get there.
    So funny to think this is the cat that less that a week ago who was a terrified stray who was too scared to come near us unless there was a window between us.

288bn7d.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Anyone know if I can go to a pharmacy and get eye ointment for a dog? She has an eye infection and I don't really want to pay 50 quid for a vet just to be told she has an eye infection..

edit: if not any vets in dublin that don't close at 1pm? won't make it to a vet by 12:30/1 I don't think and don't want to leave her all weekend

Anyone know if I can go to a pharmacy and get eye ointment for a dog? She has an eye infection and I don't really want to pay 50 quid for a vet just to be told she has an eye infection..

edit: if not any vets in dublin that don't close at 1pm? won't make it to a vet by 12:30/1 I don't think and don't want to leave her all weekend

You can give them Brolene or GoldenEye from the chemist for conjunctivitis.
    My vet is open all day btw - anicare.ie

En route to Dublin with the Dudester, so excited :D

Dropped into Pet Stop yesterday in my quest to get a coat for Lucy - the one that's lost in the house there hanging up to mock me lol! Then dropped in MaxiZoo on the way home - €89.99 for a small coat!! :eek:

tk123 wrote: »
    Dropped into Pet Stop yesterday in my quest to get a coat for Lucy - the one that's lost in the house there hanging up to mock me lol! Then dropped in MaxiZoo on the way home - €89.99 for a small coat!! :eek:

Is there a tkmax near you? I've often seen decent priced coats in there, even managed to get a jumper for Poppy for €3 once.

Is there a tkmax near you? I've often seen decent priced coats in there, even managed to get a jumper for Poppy for €3 once.

Oh thanks I'll take a look!

Just arrived at the hotel and Dude was having a ball! A few hours sleeping in the car has tired him out so he's now concked out in the bathroom :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

tk123 wrote: »
    You can give them Brolene or GoldenEye from the chemist for conjunctivitis.
    My vet is open all day btw - anicare.ie

My local anicare isn't open in the afternoon today. Brought her elsewhere only to be told she has conjunctivitis. €72, ouch! :(

Good to know about brolene and goldeneye, someone else actually mentioned brolene as well.

Best of luck tomorrow Dude. All your fans are rooting for you:)

W00t found the missing coat and it still fits her! It'll will be easy enough to adjust to get a couple of months out of it! I'll still take a look in TK Maxx on Monday to see if they have anything nice :p

Dude is gonna spend the entire night in bed kneading me! No sleep for me but he's so cute it's worth it :D btw sorry for all the posts about the cat show, I'm just very excited :)

Aww, good luck to Dude!
    It's not cold enough for Cinnamon to join me in bed yet, bring on the winter bed hugs!

All settled in, judging is going on now, I'm so nervous!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

All settled in, judging is going on now, I'm so nervous!!

Best of luck Dude!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Good luck dude! X

He got 2nd in his class (male kitten), best rescue kitten, and 1st on friendliest cat/kitten so we have a few rosettes coming home :D he's taken great to this showing life :D

• Advertisement

Well done Dude, knew you would be a winner!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement