Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I don't even bother trying to close the bathroom door anymore:o Toby would howl the place down if I did. He has a little routine where he winds around my legs purring then jumps up on the back of the bath before walking along the side of the bath to have a drink from the tap over the bathroom sink. The others just stick their paws under the door

I went in last week and didnt know she was hiding in the bath before I closed the door. I was on the toilet and she hopped up on to my shoulder and just sat there!:pac: She constantly scales my back/legs to get up onto my shoulder, destroyed in cuts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Does anyone elses cat like to follow them to the toilet and sit outside the door and cry while they're inside? :confused:

Yes!! No one can pee alone in this house, cream HAS to see what's going on. And if you do lock him out he screams the place down, and if he comes into the bathroom he spends the whole time trying to sit on your lap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Yes!! No one can pee alone in this house, cream HAS to see what's going on. And if you do lock him out he screams the place down, and if he comes into the bathroom he spends the whole time trying to sit on your lap!!

The cats at home get in the bathroom window all the time. Really funny when someone is on the toilet.

In the apartment we leave all the doors open cause Pepper just cries to come in! She peeks in the shower the whole time and lately she loves walking on the edge of the bath between the 2 layers of the shower curtain when someone is in the shower!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    The cats at home get in the bathroom window all the time. Really funny when someone is on the toilet.

In the apartment we leave all the doors open cause Pepper just cries to come in! She peeks in the shower the whole time and lately she loves walking on the edge of the bath between the 2 layers of the shower curtain when someone is in the shower!
    Toby did that one evening when I was in the shower, I had visions of him slipping, getting a fright and me getting shredded while he tried to get out. Thankfully he didn't. Our bathroom is an odd shape and we were wondering why there was a constant greasy mark on one part of the wall. One day I noticed that the 4 of them take turns going into the bathroom and rubbing their heads in the same spot on the wall:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Oh man, I can't even remember what it's like to go to the bathroom alone anymore. Cinnamon likes to sit in the sink and drink out the tap and on more than one occasion Poppy has jumped onto the toilet and made a leap for the bathtub while it was full of water :eek:

Having a super lazy day today, I stayed in bed until almost 2 with Poppy only too happy to join me curled up behind my knees. She HATES winter, it's such a task to get her to go outside to wee, she starts over exagerating with shivering and sad eyes and stands at the door on her hind legs begging to come back in.. and that's all in the first few seconds.

• Advertisement

My granny is coming down today, I overheard my mam on the phone to her this morning "don't you dare say a word to *sillymango* about the cat, or I'll put you sleeping in the kennel" :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hows Lexi feeling today? (and thank the lucky stars she didn't get hold of it Christmas night!)

She's not great, hasn't been sick since but has the runs now pretty bad now and is limping? Got some tinned ID food for her so feeding her tiny amounts of that every few hours. Thankfully it wasn't Christmas night is right!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

My foster elvis went to his forever home today so picked up a new dog. She's a scruffy black and tan terrior. She was spayed today so is all snuggled up in the crate. Dying to see what she's like tomorrow so i can her a name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I opened my curtains earlier and found another cat eating the food I leave out for our regular visitor :D another girl calico, not as frindly though and very cautious. Himself was putting the bins out earlier and seen our friend playing with the old tom cat from upstairs. I dont think she is a stray I think she just comes around to ours for treats and the nice food we give her :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

toadfly wrote: »
    She's not great, hasn't been sick since but has the runs now pretty bad now and is limping? Got some tinned ID food for her so feeding her tiny amounts of that every few hours. Thankfully it wasn't Christmas night is right!

God love her, and she so loves her food. Hope she recovers well enough that you're not up the walls with worry over Christmas with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Merry Christmas boardsies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Happy christmas everyone!

My little baba has been a bit sick over night/this morning. A combination of too many chewed sticks and I think me giving her too much food yesterday evening! :(

My poor nala is sick :( we were out playing in the woods this morning and she decided to eat a stick. She was crying and then seemed out but i knew something was wrong when it took her ages to eat her breakfast. She's also drooling and not her happy self. I called emergency vet and she said to give her another few hours and to call back if she gets worse and they'll take her in. I actually cried looking at her she looks miserable. My new foster has really come out of her shell. I've called her nancy. Our cat's been bullying her though and chasing her and trying to scratch her!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Oh feck... Did u check her teeth, and across the roof of her mouth? It sounds like there may be a piece of stick stuck in her mouth, hence the drooling. Well worth a check.

nala2012 wrote: »
    My poor nala is sick :( we were out playing in the woods this morning and she decided to eat a stick. She was crying and then seemed out but i knew something was wrong when it took her ages to eat her breakfast. She's also drooling and not her happy self. I called emergency vet and she said to give her another few hours and to call back if she gets worse and they'll take her in. I actually cried looking at her she looks miserable. My new foster has really come out of her shell. I've called her nancy. Our cat's been bullying her though and chasing her and trying to scratch her!

Oh poor Nala! Lucy is terrible for eating sticks!!!! They were coming out from both ends at one stage but she's fast asleep now. There was some blood earlier so hoping it's just from straining or we might have to call the vet too!

Anyways on a funnier note :p:pac: the dogs got a bit excited after opening their xmas presents of new nylabones - Lucy headed straight for a present under the tree and Bailey tore some paper off my dad's present lol!

Checked her mouth. She's very good and i was able to get a good look at it and feel too. I've felt all down her neck and tummy and she hasn't whined or anything. It's worrying me because she's a big foodie and she wouldn't drink the milk from my cereal and she chewed some hot dog and spat it out. Maybe it scratched her throat on the way down. She's asleep beside me now. I'm going to call the vet at 2 if there's no improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Just wanted to wish everyone a very merry Christmas! Xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Happy Christmas everybody! :) There seems to be a lot of sick pets at the moment and I hope they all make a full recovery.

Checked her mouth. She's very good and i was able to get a good look at it and feel too. I've felt all down her neck and tummy and she hasn't whined or anything. It's worrying me because she's a big foodie and she wouldn't drink the milk from my cereal and she chewed some hot dog and spat it out. Maybe it scratched her throat on the way down. She's asleep beside me now. I'm going to call the vet at 2 if there's no improvement.

How is she? Lucy hasn't been sick again and tummy seems to be getting a but better thank god. We went for a walk earlier and my bro came with us...normally on one stretch of road she goes on strike/rolls into leaves etc etc and has to be dragged/bribed - she walked beside my bro the whole time good as gold lol! :p

• Advertisement

I hope everyone had a lovely and safe day yesterday. Ours was a nice day, got to have dinner together, just the 2 of us, for the first time in 7 years and went to my parents for drinks last night. The cats, all except Poppy, love turkey so she had tinned wild red salmon. Jazzy almost got his teeth around the turkey crown while it was cooling on the hob, just as well I was watching him.

Tigger, a neighbours cat tried to come in and there was a massive fight on our shed with him and Toby locked together falling 6 foot off our shed into the next door neighbours garden before being chased off:eek: All are fine and Tigger is a huge well fed happy cat so is just looking for other cat company, he's the last of a big group of cats they had.

Felix has decided that he wants Toby's bed and Toby is now spraying everywhere:( All are asleep now so I'm enjoying the calm:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well Santa paws came to Tara and Rusty,

Tara got a lovely reindeer toy, which she has now disembowelled! Straight to the heart and stuffing removed.

Rusty got lots of treats as he's not that bothered with toys, but his favourite was the heart and liver from the turkey!!

Hope everyone else had a great day and are managing to relax today:)

Dude was so tired from Christmas I actually managed to get a decent amount of sleep last night! Then he woke up at 6 and was having loopy zoomies until about an hour ago so now we have both wrapped in blankets on the couch watching Christmas movies and eating turkey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Hope everyone is safe after that storm, I'm in uk for a couple more days and worrying about my lot in kennels and cattery. Waiting for texts back from both.

:D Lucy swam today for the first time (not counting hydro) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

How is she today? could she have damaged a tooth? Hope shes doing ok

(one of my dogs always seems to get a bit of sinew from his bones stuck in his front teeth - big wedge of gore attached behind his teeth - he comes to me now to grip the slime behind his teeth and pull it out - absolutely revolting)

Molly gets more daring by the day. The first time she looked out her window(1st floor), she panicked and tried to escape from the room. These days she loves to sit on the ledge looking out at the birds. She gallops around like a mad thing. Felix is still pretending that she isn't here.

Jazzy tumbles around the floor of her room with her while she swings out of his neck and wallops him to run so she can chase him. Poppy doesn't seem thrilled at having a younger female in the house stealing the limelight and Toby tolerates her but doesn't want to play. He scented her room twice this week so any time he's in the room with her we're watching his bottom like hawks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I just filled out and sent off an adoption form for a springer spaniel cross puppy from a well known Dublin rescue (on recommendation from another boardsie) so fingers crossed everything goes well. The pups are only 5 days old so he won't be with us for a few months if we're chosen :)

Coming back from Galway this morning on the bus I noticed a very cute scene at a farmhouse. The field adjacent to the house was fairly flooded. There was a spotless golden retriever stood on the verge looking at it, must've gotten under the fence, and a couple of cats sitting on the fence beside the dog, looking at the water. It looked like they were discussing the water.

All spotlessly clean, despite the flooding. Put a smile on my face, I needed one, I lost a stone from my engagement ring somewhere in Galway this morning:(

• Advertisement

Nala was fine the next day and been fine since so think i was panicking for no reason thank god! My little foster dog (nancy) is such a cutie i'll be sad to see her go. I'm sure it won't take long to find her a good home. She's a small black and tan scruffy terrier. She's about a year and is very calm in the house but enjoys her walks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement