Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Got home from London last night, really feel ill, finally stopped coughing and fell asleep after midnight, then woke around 3.30 coughing again!
    I just want a good rest, I'm sure I'd feel so much better for it.
    Not even a dog or cat to cuddle to make me feel better, picking them up in the morning, I think it will be a cuddle on the sofa day today.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I'm blowing bubbles for Henry who's having great fun trying to catch them. Meanwhile one cat has fled the room in terror and the other is looking at me like I'm some kind of witch. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Just normal bubbles or fancy "dog" bubbles? Last time I did it for Bailey he kept trying to bite/eat them! Lucy would love them I think! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Coming back from Galway this morning on the bus I noticed a very cute scene at a farmhouse. The field adjacent to the house was fairly flooded. There was a spotless golden retriever stood on the verge looking at it, must've gotten under the fence, and a couple of cats sitting on the fence beside the dog, looking at the water. It looked like they were discussing the water.

All spotlessly clean, despite the flooding. Put a smile on my face, I needed one, I lost a stone from my engagement ring somewhere in Galway this morning:(

Lovely scene! They were probably wondering where all that water came from!

The pits about loosing the stone out of your ring. Any chance it would be covered by your house insurance?? Ive lost an emerald out of my ring - havent the heart to bring it to the jewellers to find out how much its going to cost to replace :(

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

My foster left for her forever home today :( only put her photo up on the rescue's facebook yesterday, i knew she'd get booked quickly but didn't think it'd be this quick! I miss her little face. I think my cats glad she's gone cos she's hasn't left my lap since!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

aonb wrote: »
    Lovely scene! They were probably wondering where all that water came from!

The pits about loosing the stone out of your ring. Any chance it would be covered by your house insurance?? Ive lost an emerald out of my ring - havent the heart to bring it to the jewellers to find out how much its going to cost to replace :(

I had it repaired last year when I noticed it was loose, it's a diamond cluster ring. The jeweller didn't do a great job on it and I didn't want to take it back. It cost me a 100 euro just to have a tiny gold prong put back on. Now I'd have to replace the stone as well. It's weird without the ring on, I've been wearing it for 17 years. My husband wants to replace it, it'll take a long while to be able to get another one. Still, we've been together for 18 years, I might get it for our 20th anniversary. I'll just get a cheap fake one for 100 euro next month for my birthday.

Is hard to be down about it today,I'm enjoying watching our foster kitten asleep on the tree skirt under the tree:)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

tk123 wrote: »
    Just normal bubbles or fancy "dog" bubbles? Last time I did it for Bailey he kept trying to bite/eat them! Lucy would love them I think! :D

Just normal bubbles. Henry tries to eat them too, I must try and get some bacon flavoured dog bubbles. He'd go nuts.

Is it just my dogs have no interest in bubbles?

I tried them a few times and I just get Ollie looking for a second then wandering off, Tiffi stands at my feet wagging her tail waiting for me to stop and rub her.
    Even the cats just looked at me like I was mad and walked off.

We got some cat bubbles last year, our cats were terrified of them and ran out of the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

My boys love bubbles, so much so that whenever I say "bubbles" they try to jump on me and start bouncing around. I had difficulty teaching Cosmo to come when called, so now I just say "bubbles!" and he runs towards me lol.

My cats hate bubbles though... they usually run out of the room if they get too close.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement

:D heeheee I treated myself to a new laptop! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

We have a new cat visitor to our kitchen door. A lovely black boy cat. Was talking to our land lady and he's apparently from the same house as the cat I posted a photo of :) so she's not a stray! She is well known around the neighbourhood for visiting people haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Wishing ya all a very very Happy New Year Boardsies. I can't believe I'm staying in tonight (first one in forever), but am still a little bit delicate after a mental wedding 2 days ago. Jaegerbombs are lethal :D

Cuddled up on the sofa with my foster doggy (this fostering malarky really pulls on the heart strings). If you see a stunning Whippet called Star on a well known SPCA website/FB page next week, you can guarantee she's a total gem!! :p

Happy new year! Hoping the crappy weather will dampen the sound of the fireworks so the dogs are ok. i've an extra crate set up in case Bailey gets afraid...if he uses it I don't know how I'm going to get into my bed lol! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

tk123 wrote: »
    Happy new year! Hoping the crappy weather will dampen the sound of the fireworks so the dogs are ok. i've an extra crate set up in case Bailey gets afraid...if he uses it I don't know how I'm going to get into my bed lol! :p

Hahah it was so cute, my husky ran in and went straight upstairs then jumped in my bed under the duvet!

Terrified of the fireworks, over now though :)

Hahah it was so cute, my husky ran in and went straight upstairs then jumped in my bed under the duvet!

Terrified of the fireworks, over now though :)

Just coaxed him in off the landing before somebody was killed in the night - he was lying across the top of the stairs lol! :p We had local fireworks as well as the concert and fireworks in town all happening at once so a bit noisy for him. He's been moving between the crate upstairs, the hall and then back upstairs again but hopefully he's settled for the night now. The amount of f@@kers who leave dogs out going mad at fireworks - drives me MAD!

I'll definetly be playing that fireworks/noise CD to try and desensitize him a bit. He was fine with them until during the summer he went asleep in the hall one night and there was a really loud thunder storm - our bockety front door lets all the sound from outside in so he got a bad fright and has been worried by thunder/fireworks since then. :(

Had an interesting start to the New Year, Felix peed on the kitchen floor as close to the sofa that Toby sleeps on as he could get, never a good time for that but 5am:eek:. He's never done that before. Then a cat tried to come in the cat flap so I was woken by loud growling, Toby giving it the full on dog growl, he's very good at growling considering he's a cat. Then he sprayed the oil tank, came in and sprayed the sofa in the kitchen:(

Good job we love them so much:D

Ruby just ate my shortbread!

I gave the dogs a chew each, sat down with a cuppa and a big piece of shortbread, forgot the remote, as I turned around to go back to the sofa Ruby was chomping away at my shortbread!

The bitch!
    First she starts licking the jam of my toast, tries to steal marshmallows off daughters hot chocolate, but eating my shortbread is a step to far...I'm beginning to wonder if she's a cat at all, maybe a chihuahua in disguise?

mymo wrote: »
    Ruby just ate my shortbread!

I gave the dogs a chew each, sat down with a cuppa and a big piece of shortbread, forgot the remote, as I turned around to go back to the sofa Ruby was chomping away at my shortbread!

The bitch!
    First she starts licking the jam of my toast, tries to steal marshmallows off daughters hot chocolate, but eating my shortbread is a step to far...I'm beginning to wonder if she's a cat at all, maybe a chihuahua in disguise?

The dogs were running around with the 'core' of a cabbage today in the park eating it lol! :D

I forgave her, she did the purring I love you dance and licked my nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Bad start to my 2014, Sandy my golden retriever has been sick since Friday and is going under the knife this evening. Did x-ray's today and vet found something in her tummy that's causing her the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

That little black cat I was saying visited our door the other day has been in our house the last few hours :pac: He wandered in and doesnt want to leave! have been playing with him and he was cuddled up on my lap for ages while I petted him. I wish I could keep him!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Bad start to my 2014, Sandy my golden retriever has been sick since Friday and is going under the knife this evening. Did x-ray's today and vet found something in her tummy that's causing her the problem.

That's so worrying for you... Hope everything goes smoothly and that she's back on her feet soon. Keep us updated, won't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

oh dear, poor you, poor Sandy. How did the op go? I hope whatever it was the vet found in her tummy is fixable? Best wishes to you both, let us know how it goes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

is there a "right" way to get an overly amorous dog to leave your own dog (on lead) alone other than ending up going round in circles shouting "stop it!" and try to drag him off her by the collar ?! My poor wee dog :o 2 minute walk took 20 mins.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Tea Tree wrote: »
    is there a "right" way to get an overly amorous dog to leave your own dog (on lead) alone other than ending up going round in circles shouting "stop it!" and try to drag him off her by the collar ?! My poor wee dog :o 2 minute walk took 20 mins.....

Is she in heat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

Is she in heat?

No. She was spayed 2 years ago :) (thankfully!). I knew the dog and knew he shouldnt be out, could see the owners werent home so latched the other end of my lead onto his collar to take him the 2min walk home with me. Nightmare trying to keep him off her! Had to leave him in the garden and mine inside when we got home. Lovely dog just overly frisky and she was getting really annoyed.. nearly ended up with 2 fighting dogs on either end of the same lead!

Rubygirl, I hope your girl is ok, keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

:( Let us know how it goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Still have'nt operated on her yet, reckon they'll do her today at some stage. Gave her two bag's of fluids and said that picked her up and she weeing again. Thanks guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement