Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I get my Zooplus orders sent to me at work and I usually have to ask someone to help me carry it down to the car. :o In my defense, it's usually mostly cat food and litter. Usually.

Last time I ordered from zooplus I had to drive around to the goods entrance to load the boxes into the car lol! I had gotten a few months supply of food in case of bad weather between here and germany. It was trays of 800g cans and trays of nature diet so really heavy lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Laying in bed with Oliver at the end of my bed, listening to the rain...it's the first time since before Christmas he's been in with me, he's been sleeping in my daughters room.
    Is it a coincidence that my cough has finally gone, and he's back?
    Hi think he left my room as I was keeping him awake!
    Cheeky sod! I put up with his snoring and occasional "talking" in his sleep!

We went for a walk yesterday evening, lashed rain but we all had our rain gear so just the dogs heads, legs, tail and britches/skirt got wet.. Came home and put a towel on the floor for Bailey - he loves getting dried and rubbing his face on the towel, lying on his back getting me to dry his tummy etc .. Lucy thought he was having a game with her so kept jumping on top of him which was annoying him so I put her in her crate for a few mins while I dried him. She sat with her tail twitching watching what was going on. Next thing I let her out and she did exactly what her big bro had been doing lol! :D copy cat pup! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

since he recovered from recent illness, my elderly dogs arthritis in his shoulder is obviously bothering him a bit more - when he wants to get down off our bed, or off the window-seat (where he roars at anything in HIS garden - leaves, cats, postman, nothing, birds!) - he starts barking and then howling until we come down to lift him down - between that and jumping up/down all evening to let him go outside, I feel like a total dog-slave :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got an air popping popcorn maker for Christmas and just tried it out a little while ago, not a big hit with the cats. Makes lovely popcorn but none of the reviews mentioned how noisy it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I got an air popping popcorn maker for Christmas and just tried it out a little while ago, not a big hit with the cats. Makes lovely popcorn but none of the reviews mentioned how noisy it is.
    What do ya think of the popcorn though? Air popped stuff is manky, it's like eating cardboard :D

The US sell popcorn flavour shakers which I'd love to have here as I'm *cough* addicted to the microwave butter ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I got an air popcorn maker too, the popcorn was horrible!! Plus i completely over estimated the amount of seed things to put in and made 6 bowls :P

It's not as nice as I'd hoped it would be, but I eat a lot of popcorn and I thought it'd be healthier than munching my way through a family sized salted bag each weekend. As it happens from the end of the month I'll be doing a veggie version of the Atkins diet so no more lovely carbs for me for quite some time:( I do love bread and pasta and crisps:o

I don't have a sweet tooth at all. I could happily and forever give up chocolate,cakes,desserts etc.....which most people find odd. I always skip dessert at the end of a meal.

Have the worst savoury cravings though (crisps,crackers,popcorn AND bread). . :o

anniehoo wrote: »
    I don't have a sweet tooth at all. I could happily and forever give up chocolate,cakes,desserts etc.....which most people find odd. I always skip dessert at the end of a meal.

Have the worst savoury cravings though (crisps,crackers,popcorn AND bread). . :o
    Me too, my husband has a very sweet tooth and happily munches through bags of sugary jelly sweets at weekends, I couldn't care less if I never saw a sweet, but I can eat savoury things til I pop. Don't even get me started on mashed potatoes:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

anniehoo wrote: »

The Supervalu cheeseboard thing . . . wow.

Better than all the sweet stuff. I love sweet stuff too though. :o

Morf wrote: »
    The Supervalu cheeseboard thing . . . wow.

LITERALLY, do not get me started about cheese.

I was bridesmaid for one of my best buddies wedding 2 years ago. Everyone's dessert arrived...and I was last. I was happy out as my friend knew I didn't "do dessert".

Next thing, up rocks the most amazing cheeseboard with a glass of cold Chardonnay.

....you've no idea of the happiness :D:D Best wedding ever!!!

Speaking of mash, I just found Poppy licking the mashed potato in the bowl of food scraps for the birds. That's a trick Jazzy taught her, she had her front paws in the bowl, shame I didn't have my mobile with me to get a pic.

I have the problem of having both a savory and a sweet tooth :P though I've found since I've started on the e cigarettes when I get the sweet flavors it takes away my longing for anything sweet!

I quit smoking back in 2008 a couple of weeks before surgery, so it gave me the incentive to stop, I didn't miss the ciggys, even though nobody thought I'd stay off them, but I ate everything around me and I definitely found that my tastes changed. I love brown basmati rice and wholemeal pasta instead of the white versions that I preferred while I was still smoking.

I saw my surgeon a week or so ago and he mentioned that losing a bit of weight would make the surgery easier for him with skin grafts:o. I've to start on immuno suppresant infusions at some point this year as well and as far as I know they're based on weight, so it's given me the incentive to get myself sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

In the process of crate training the puppy and it's going fantastic, apart from her horrible separation anxiety. I found out this morning She stops barking and howling after 15 minutes if I don't give into her and settles down to sleep (I was standing outside at 4am last night to let her out to pee as she hadn't went all day and she just wanted to mess around with the cats instead! She wants to be near us all the time so we're trying to break the habit of running to her every time she whines, she's only new so it's going to take some time. My mother doesn't grasp this concept and is now sleeping in the same room as the puppy because she was barking, we'll get nowhere at this rate! She doesn't mind her crate , she goes into it to sleep herself but just doesn't like being left alone.

I'll have to have a chat with our vet about Felix's ear when we're in next week. It took months to get his ear infection sorted out, poor chap is always going to have problems with that ear, but he's worn a lot of the fur on that side of his head and on that ear very thin, it's also looks a bit raw from the constant washing he's giving it and I can see a lot of dry skin like dandruff around it. I can't feel any heat or see any sign of infection thankfully. Hopefully she can recommend something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Damn!
    Ruby(kitten) has caught two hand Tiff syndrome from Tiffi(dog).
    It starts with a gentle demand for attention "errm, hello, I'm here...give me some rubs with this free hand here", escalates to "Awww, you love me more than that" with big eyes and "aren't I a cute doggy" face, then escalates to the full licking and nudging of the other hand or if it's not in reach, the face!
    We've called here two hand Tiff since she was a few months old, because she wants rubs with two hands!
    Ruby's case is almost the same, but she gently claws the second hand, while shouting "rub me now!!!"

Bit rude this one:D Toby often gets a little blob of poop stuck to the skin of his bottom and he hates it if you try to remove it. So usually my husband will hold him on the counter while I use a bit of KY jelly rubbed onto a rubber glove to ease it off. Anyway, I was mopping the kitchen floor earlier and my husband had just carried Toby in the front door from where Felix was harrassing him as usual.

Our back door was open and I said to Mr P, 'we'll have to do that thing with the KY jelly later', didn't realise the neighbours were in their back garden until I heard giggling:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

My foster kittens had their FIV/FeLV test at the vets today. Important to get it done, and thank god they're both negative, but it was very stressful for them. I was actually getting upset because the VN had to scruff them and restrain them pretty hard. :( Luckily their new cat tree arrived from Zooplus today, just in time to make it up to them. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Her ladyship has just spent the last 10 mins giving out to my son trying to play with her, growling etc the full works. He just went to his bedroom to get dressed and she sat in her bed looking mournful at the door until he came out!

Don't think she understands playing!!!

I'm getting very worried about Felix. He's been peeing on the kitchen floor over the past month. The urine is odourless, not sure if it should be. It's not something he ever did in the 6 years he's been with us. The first time I saw the pee I just thought it was water that got spilled on the floor and I forgot about it. But it's happened 3 times over the past week now.

It's not the peeing on the floor that worries me so much as why he's doing it. There are 2 litter trays in the kitchen and a Feliway plug in only a couple of feet from where he's peeing. The main area is inside the kitchen window a little bit away from the armchair Toby sleeps on and once by the fridge. I always clean it up with a product that kills the enzyme in it.

He's at the vet next week so I'll have a chat with our vet. He just doesn't seem himself at all. He's constantly after Toby, yet sometimes he can just walk past him as if there's no problem:confused:

2 upset tummies from trays of nature diet! Thought I was just being paranoid after the dodgy batch of puppy food a few months ago and gave it to them even thought I thought it smelled weird..well weirder than normal for ND. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

My kitchen seems to be the place to be for the cat population in my area :pac:
    This was it last night, see how many you can count!

1609874_10202899024182110_248140550_n.jpg

Is there 5?!

7?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Is there 5?!

Five is correct! My two and three visitors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Cat central :P

Looking well in the paper today AndreaC :D Hopefully the article has some effect now :)

How do your 2 react to the visitors? If i brought in any of our visitors (not that I could, all feral) peach and cream would freak!! Dude would love it :P

• Advertisement

Five is correct! My two and three visitors :)
    Hee, I was sure there were 3 outside the door:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement