Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

How do your 2 react to the visitors? If i brought in any of our visitors (not that I could, all feral) peach and cream would freak!! Dude would love it :P

The little black one is fine. They get on okay. He comes in and sleeps on me. He even uses the litter tray! He's like my adopted cat at this stage.The white one is okay but gets a bit scared so likes to come in on her own. And the one outside is very wary and I can't touch her. She comes in with the white one but I have to leave the door open. They're all from the same house :) I found the lady who owns them on Facebook and have been talking to her haha she had no idea they had come around. But it's handy in case she's waiting for one to come home to check if they're hanging out at mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Anyone else have a cat that lives on air? On a good day she might eat 100g of wet food, on a bad day she doesn't eat anything at all yet she still remains the same weight :confused: She's an indoor cat who's exercise consists of switching between sleeping places, up and down the stairs a few times to pee and a little playing with toys if I instigate it. All she's eaten in the last 24 hours is maybe 10-15 little dried biscuits. She's pretty much been like this most of her 8 year life so far :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Yep, we have a thirteen year old cat who we think lives on love, he would cuddle all this waking hours (about 2 hrs on a good day) and only seems to pick, but is fine weight wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Cream is the same here, barely eats a thing and will mainly just lick the jelly off his wet food but he still managed to put on half a kilo! Don't know where he puts it, he's so skinny!

Glad to here she's not the only one, least it saves on cat food! :P Buntys got what I call baggy trousers around her waist but to look down on her or feel her she's not overly overweight, haven't weighed her recently but she's in and around 4.5kg. Jesses starting to develop these baggy trousers too at only 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I heard the weirdest noise this morning while I was in bed. At first I thought it was Molly playing with a pen or something under her door, don't ask, she finds all sorts to play with, one of her favourite games is pulling socks off the clothes horse:)

Anyway, Jazzy came into me and started looking at the ceiling and out the window, whatever it was must've been in the attic. It sounded like things being rolled around in the attic. I'm guessing it was a bird rattling something. My husband is going to love me, today's been a bad news day. Firstly the bill for our chimney fire arrived, 150 euro, then Felix had peed on the kitchen floor again this morning, despite my having scrubbed it clean last night and then I cleaned it with a product to kill any enzymes left over. He'll be thrilled at the prospect of going up to the attic after work tonight:D

Oh, best not forget that Toby got into a fight with another visting cat, never mind the fact that I'm still viral, forget Lemsip I need something stronger:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

;'( I think I've lost my dog whistle! Can't find it anywhere so last seen/used in the park this morning ;'(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

tk123 wrote: »
    ;'( I think I've lost my dog whistle! Can't find it anywhere so last seen/used in the park this morning ;'(
    I have one that I don't use if you'd like it ;)

anniehoo wrote: »
    I have one that I don't use if you'd like it ;)

Thanks but it's ok - I have spares I'm just annoyed that I lost THAT one lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Dogs - our secret lives - update. It was just on Channel 4, I missed all but 5 minutes of it so I'm watching it on plus one now.. This was the programme where dogs were filmed when left on their own, and it showed the huge levels of separation anxiety that people aren't realising:(

• Advertisement

Turning over now, thanks for reminder!

mymo wrote: »
    Turning over now, thanks for reminder!

I didn't even know it was on, I was just flicking by chance!

Just turned over and the dog (Oliver)stared telling me it walkies time, he then went upstairs to get his "sister" Tiffi, who joined in the sighing, whinging, tail wagging, knee nudging act...I gave in and went walkies.
    Returned just in time for the credits!

Oliver has now asked for his biscuit and gone to bed (in my bedroom doorway), I have about 15 mins before he comes down to tell me it's bedtime and the nudging and sighing begins. My dog thinks he's my dad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I want one of those phone/treat dispenser things. What a great idea!

I was hoping for more success stories on the show for encouragement! My training with Bailey hit a brick wall due to people interfering eg closed doors being opened, dog being brought out to the garden instead of left on his own with a kong, not leaving him alone for 5 mins etc etc :rolleyes:

I was hoping for more success stories on the show for encouragement! My training with Bailey hit a brick wall due to people interfering eg closed doors being opened, dog being brought out to the garden instead of left on his own with a kong, not leaving him alone for 5 mins etc etc :rolleyes:

Max the GSD was doing well, but then his owner started talking about how he went away for a month and Max was out of sorts because his 'pack leader' was gone. :rolleyes:. With all the professionals in the programme I'm surprised that wasn't edited out.

I felt so sorry for the poor schnauzer, diabetes, cateracts, cruciate ligament, all on top of his separation anxiety:(.

Yeah I thought the same about the pack leader stuff especially since he was so outspoken about pedigree dogs and got himself in trouble worth then RSPCA! You'd think he'd be more up to date in his thinking. The owners solution of daycare was also a disappointment for me too because I stopped using the daycare near us and all the other ones are too far or just too tricky with traffic! My dogs are daycare drop outs lol! :p

Yeah I thought the same about the pack leader stuff especially since he was so outspoken about pedigree dogs and got himself in trouble worth then RSPCA! You'd think he'd be more up to date in his thinking. The owners solution of daycare was also a disappointment for me too because I stopped using the daycare near us and all the other ones are too far or just too tricky with traffic! My dogs are daycare drop outs lol! :p

I'd say there's far more choice of daycare or dog walkers in the UK, it's so relatively new here and so little choice.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Dang! :mad:
    I caught the last 20 mins of it last time, and missed it this time!
    It does seem odd that the pack leader comment slipped through, as all of the scientists consulted for the show are really well known and would be very quick to correct that! I missed who the trainers were though... I can only assume they'd have been certified etc, and would/should have counselled the owner through the current research re dominance. Either they didn't, or they did but didn't convince him :eek:

DBB wrote: »
    Dang! :mad:
    I caught the last 20 mins of it last time, and missed it this time!
    It does seem odd that the pack leader comment slipped through, as all of the scientists consulted for the show are really well known and would be very quick to correct that! I missed who the trainers were though... I can only assume they'd have been certified etc, and would/should have counselled the owner through the current research re dominance. Either they didn't, or they did but didn't convince him :eek:

Do you have fourseven? (the one that repeats all the C4/E4/More4 programmes)
    It's on at 1.05am on fourseven tonight/early hours of tomorrow if you can stay up or record it?

Dr Emily Blackwell was the main expert dealing with the case studies, and Dr Rachel Casey was studying the collected data from the various dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Dr Emily Blackwell was the main expert dealing with the case studies, and Dr Rachel Casey was studying the collected data from the various dogs.

Both absolutely respected in the world of behaviour... I'm guessing he didn't listen so :o

You're forever in my mind now as Mr Benson from Father Ted:D

You're forever in my mind now as Mr Benson from Father Ted:D

:D

99.9% of the punters in our park wouldn't know what a dog whistle was lol! I had a fair idea where I'd dropped ;) When we got into the park yesterday morn Bailey was smelling the air so I knew there was bread or something around the place so was careful where I let him off... But I got distracted when Lucy ran into the playground (for the first time) and thought it was fantastic so while I was chasing her around it :o bread head spotted somebody feeding the ducks and dumping bread on the river bank.. he dove into the river, swam across it and jumped out on the other side for the bread and then must have smelled more because he took off down the other end of the park... I managed to head him off so he had no choice but to come to me to be incarcerated back on his lead - I pulled the whistle off when I took his lead :rolleyes: Hopefully nothing wee'd on it but washing it to be safe!! :pac::pac:

Molly's loving the stairs. She's realised she can leap from the 3rd from bottom stair onto the cat tree at the front door and from there back to the stairs. She thunders around the place like a horse:D She was fascinated by the washing machine last night. It was hillarious watching her stalk up to it, then jump back then stalk back to it again to watch the clothes going around. She is just fabulous, has no sense of danger though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Just filled out some college applications (on time this year yah!). If I get college in Dublin in september it's going to kill me having to leave moone at home with my parents. She's always came to live with me when I moved out but finding an apartment that allows dogs is so hard up there! She's always been really attached to me since I got her so I know she'll be depressed for a while. Allis bonded with everyone and she'll be a year old by september so I think she'll be pretty cool with whatever happens. Its not for another 8/9 months but i'm still feeling terrible about leaving Moone

Jesse's booked into be spayed on thursday morning :eek: I'v seen dozens, probably hundreds of spays with no complications, if it was anyone else I'd tell them not to worry all will be fine (non professionally of course) and she'l be up and about bouncing around up to her usual antics within a few days. Can't help but be worried about her though. :( It's been 8 years since I'v had to spay/neuter a pet, I'd forgottten how nerve wracking it is. And I'v just copped Buntys going on 9 in May :eek: Where does that time go :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Can't help but be worried about her though. :(

I'm booking my two dogs in to be spayed together at the end of next month, ive never had to have a female dog spayed before but I know moone will be freaked out afterwards. I was traumatised when Vogue, my smallest cat, got spayed. She's was a tiny little thing, still is, and was so ill afterwards :(

Are you guys going with a traditional spay? I'm thinking of getting keyhole for Lucy - no external stitches and cone to deal with.

• Advertisement

My little Molly is getting spayed this morning, thankfully our usual vet agreed to do it. Be good to know she won't have kittens. When I saw her in heat at only 4 months old I couldn't help but feel that sometimes nature really fecks up.
    Roll on 9am so we can go to the vet, she's thundering around in the room above me trying to let me know that she's starving. Haven't gone in to see her this morning as I don't want to give her false hope thinking I'm bringing her breakfast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement