Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

This made me smile this morning, in our house its her ladyship who steals all the beds!

http://www.wimp.com/dogbeds/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Love it Angeldaisy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I finally got to sit down with a coffee. I've been hoovering and airing Molly's room, and trying to clean any sprayed areas around the house, there were many. I had to take a pair of curtains off the kitchen window as they'd been sprayed, probably why he keeps peeing by that window, unless he's peeing and spraying:confused:

Mopped the floor and when it had just dried Jazzy persuaded me that he was going to starve to death if I didn't feed him right then. Of course he decided he didn't want it so knocked the bowl off the counter, where it smashed and spilled food all over the clean floor. He's a bit stroppy since he's missing Molly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

angeldaisy wrote: »
    This made me smile this morning, in our house its her ladyship who steals all the beds!

http://www.wimp.com/dogbeds/

:D Reminds me of my kitty Umi, She never really uses her bed at home but when I was down in my boyfriends parents house over xmas with her she kept stealing their German shepards huge bed. She looked ridiculous, this tiny dot in a huge sea of material!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

tk123 wrote: »
    Are you guys going with a traditional spay? I'm thinking of getting keyhole for Lucy - no external stitches and cone to deal with.

I didn't know that there was keyhole surgery available for spaying, I must ask about that when I'm booking them in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

SingItOut wrote: »
    I didn't know that there was keyhole surgery available for spaying, I must ask about that when I'm booking them in

Most vets don't do it - they don't have the training/equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

What would people recommend using as a floor cleaner to remove cat pee smell? I'm ordering that fizzion stuff online to use on any soft furnishings that dude leaks on but if there was some sort of floor wash that would remove the enzymes it would be handy. We can't smell anything but peach and cream go around and have a flehman response to everywhere dude drips!

I got some Persil bio liquid washing powder this morning for the lino floors. I use the fizzion for soft furnishings but it can leave the floor with an odd sheen and works better on soft furnishings. The bio liquid seems to have done the trick. I just mopped the floor as normal then when it was dry I diluted the bio liquid and mopped the floor again.

It's handy for washing down doors and skirting boards and bins too. Good job I did it before Molly came home. I tried to get the cone of shame on her and she bit me 3 times. Managed to get it on her and straight away she stuck a front paw under her chin and wedged her paw into the cone:eek:. I managed to get it off but it'll have to wait til my husband gets home tonight to tie it on with a bandage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Bio washing powder of any sort is the best, I used to use it in our old house when neighbours Tom sprayed my Windows and doors (or anywhere else he could get). Gets rid of even the Tom spray smell.

I'm really hoping Felix's happy pills kick in soon. I'm sitting on the floor between him and Toby again trying to stop him from attacking Toby. I really don't know why he won't just leave him be. All Toby is doing is trying to sleep on a sofa that Felix never sleeps on anyway.

• Advertisement

Ahh, my little Molly has her cone of shame on. She's getting used to it fast though, still giving me 'there will be a reckoning for this' looks:D I'm going to stay in her room with her tonight, of course it's the bedroom with no bed:rolleyes: She's loving walking on the lap top, she can make it do stuff I never knew it could do.

It's interesting to see the difference in her scar and Poppy's. Poppy is only about 3 and when she was shaved we found she'd already been spayed, her scar is very big, Molly only has a tiny stitch area.

The vet who did Molly is a very good surgeon, I was the last patient in to see her before they spayed molly :P

I found out something very funny yesterday when I phoned my daughter after she got home from school.
    She always takes ages to answer the landline, I usually ring to tell her I'm on my way home from work, but when she answered quite quickly I could hear both dogs howling like mad and her shouting "shut up!"
    They sounded like they were being tortured!
    Apparently they do this every time the phone rings, I never knew this as they only do it when I'm not there!
    The phone rings when I'm at home and they don't even acknowledge it!
    I couldn't stop laughing, it's the reason she takes so long to answer, she has to get them to shut up first!

Can't sleep, woke up at 4am with a cold, again, or the same one I've had since November on and off, I get a few good days and it's back again, only felt better on Saturday. Anyone got any idea how to finally get rid?

mymo wrote: »
    I found out something very funny yesterday when I phoned my daughter after she got home from school.
    She always takes ages to answer the landline, I usually ring to tell her I'm on my way home from work, but when she answered quite quickly I could hear both dogs howling like mad and her shouting "shut up!"
    They sounded like they were being tortured!
    Apparently they do this every time the phone rings, I never knew this as they only do it when I'm not there!
    The phone rings when I'm at home and they don't even acknowledge it!
    I couldn't stop laughing, it's the reason she takes so long to answer, she has to get them to shut up first!

Can't sleep, woke up at 4am with a cold, again, or the same one I've had since November on and off, I get a few good days and it's back again, only felt better on Saturday. Anyone got any idea how to finally get rid?

Sounds like you need to boost your immune system. Or my personal favourite, hot whiskey with lemon and cloves to sweat it out. If we're out of whiskey I put some honey and sliced ginger in a mug of Lemsip

Got some lovely birthday head boops from Molly this morning:D I slept on the floor in her room with her last night, I was worried she'd get her head jammed somewhere with the cone on. She kept hopping up on her crate, there's a fleece blanket on it, and stretching out watching me with a big smile. I didn't get much sleep though, she had a great time climbing on me and purring in my ear.

I can't get drunk tonight though as I'm doing a flag day collection tomorrow for the rescue that were going to take her for us.

LOL I have our phone set to play a different tone when I ring - from messing when we got it at first years ago. Now if the phone rings the dogs both race out to the hall assuming I'm calling to ask somebody to move their car and am on the way in....Even if I'm standing in front of them lol! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Happy Birthday Pumpkinseeds!

Had the strangest dream last night that I met SillyMango while she was out walking Dude on the mainstreet in Cork. She took him to easons so he could climb the fairy book tree. I don't even know...

Happy Birthday Pumpkinseeds!

Had the strangest dream last night that I met SillyMango while she was out walking Dude on the mainstreet in Cork. She took him to easons so he could climb the fairy book tree. I don't even know...

Haha that's brilliant! :pac: Ya never know, it could happen if we ever take a trip down to Cork with him :P

Happy birthday pumpkinseeds!

Thanks for the advice, but not a whiskey drinker, tried curry, going to make chicken and garlic soup tomorrow.

First night of obedience classes done tonight with Alli. Her new best friends are a German shepherd puppy, an adult pit bull, bull terrier puppy and golden retriever puppy :) she was fantastic with the other dogs. Her only problem is she was more interested in what everybody else was doing except me! We'll get there though :)

• Advertisement

SingItOut wrote: »
    First night of obedience classes done tonight with Alli. Her new best friends are a German shepherd puppy, an adult pit bull, bull terrier puppy and golden retriever puppy :) she was fantastic with the other dogs. Her only problem is she was more interested in what everybody else was doing except me! We'll get there though :)

Ah that's normal at first lol! Bailey used to be the same and I used to look around in wonder at the other dogs staring up at their owners waiting for their next cue. It'll come in time! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

My kitty Umi has a very annoying habit of grabbing my hands/fingers with her claws when I'm in bed trying to sleep so that she can gnaw on my fingers. She got into bed with me this morning after I got back from the bathroom and scratched my hands to bits with her claws, I woke up with even more cuts :mad: I've been trying to trim her nails without success for the last week or so too, my legs are also destroyed from when she crawls under the blaket and just claws her way around, and my shoulders from her crawling up my back. Blue likes to keep her claws nice and short on her scratcher but of course the claw happy cat would have to be the one that never bothers with it :pac:

tk123 wrote: »
    Ah that's normal at first lol! Bailey used to be the same and I used to look around in wonder at the other dogs staring up at their owners waiting for their next cue. It'll come in time! :)

I've discovered today when working with her that she'll do anything for chicken pieces :D I have to remove moone from the room because she's there doing all her tricks and distracting Alli haha

Doh! I waited 45 mins in the vets with Bailey for blood tests that he doesn't need for 6 months lol (i thought it was 6 weeks) :p

Peach has been in a right mood all evening, growling and clawing at me whenever I go to rub her. I was starting to get very worried that on too of everything she was getting sick too, but no. She's all pally and loving with my mom, completely normal. She just won't let me touch her. I'm sad now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

haha typical cat :D My miller had mackerel for his tea and I'm his best buddy now. Usually he'd barely give me the time of day.

Got a text from my husband this morning to tell me that he'd just gotten out of the shower when he heard the cats fighting in the kitchen. He went running downstairs stark naked and had to seperate them with the only thing he could find, a tea towel, he was worried he'd get mauled.

Anyway what he came down to was a ball of fighting black and white. When he broke it up it was Felix, Poppy and Toby. We were shocked that Poppy was involved. She is very fond of Toby and he's the only one of our cats she doesn't bully. It sounds as if Felix went for Toby and she went for Felix. She hasn't a mark on her the other 2 mangled each other:(

I meowed at her, she meowed back, jumped up into my arms and started purring and licking me. Id love to know what I said when I meowed, but whatever it was she has forgiven me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

This rain is incessant:mad: I have a couch full of whippets and lurchers that don't want to step outside the door and a lab cross who just wants to stand in it. I was hosing down my poo shovel and he was trying to get under the water hose, cos the rain wasn't enough!

• Advertisement

My labrador was the exact same! He would have gladly sat out in the rain all day and get as dirty as possible :D .. I was supposed to bring the new puppy into my old job today so the staff could meet her but do you think I could get her or moone out the door to the car? Not a chance!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement