Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We were out in it earlier - dogs in their element and tbh got as wet as they would have even if it wasn't raining because they had a swim! :p Lucy was wary of the swans today - thank god!!! Last week she wanted a huge stick that Bailey had left in the water at the edge of the lake - the swans were getting danerously close and she was out of my reach.. Thinking I'd have to jump down into the water and grab her Bailey came out of nowhere, jumped down and got the stick and then brought it away from the lake with Lucy following - as if he knew she was in trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

With everything going on with Dude, I completely forgot to worm the cats last month so I did it yesterday. Dude just did a poop full of worms! Yuck yuck yuck!!! I feel awful now, I thought he was constipated because of his injury but it must have been because of having worms. Icky!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

With everything going on with Dude, I completely forgot to worm the cats last month so I did it yesterday. Dude just did a poop full of worms! Yuck yuck yuck!!! I feel awful now, I thought he was constipated because of his injury but it must have been because of having worms. Icky!!

That reminds me, mine are due a dose :eek:

That reminds me, mine are due a dose :eek:

Glad to be of service :P I'm going to be so paranoid now that I've caught worms from him :pac: at least it explains why is appetite was so decreased today, I was getting worried about him again. (And it's been 2 days since I've had to help him pee :D)

Idiot in our park waking around carrying 6 week old pups...that his 8-9 month old pup had! :mad:

• Advertisement

Peach is sick, don't know whats wrong but she refused to get out of bed today and hasn't eaten since yesterday morning :( I'm hoping she's just a bit off after getting wormed but if she doesn't eat tonight/tomorrow I think I'll have to bring her to the vet when I'm bringing Dude for his physio!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

:mad::mad: What a frustrating day. Toby is spraying everywhere. He sprayed the armchair in the kitchen that he sleeps in, so I cleaned it with fizzion then put an old blanket he likes over the side of it so I can just wash that if he does it again. About 10 minutes later he jumped up on the chest freezer and sprayed the side of the fridge:(

We've got a Feliway plugged in the kitchen, I put him on Zylkene the other day too. Felix seems to be responding to the Zylkene, he went up and slept on our bed for a couple of hours tonight and he hasn't done that for a long time, he used to sleep there almost every day. There hadn't been any problems with him and Toby today so I was a bit more optimistic, now if only the spraying would stop. I know it's because of the tension between him and Felix.

Pumpkinseeds where do younger the fizzion? I was looking into it and the only sites i found that sold it are American, crazy shipping prices!

Pumpkinseeds where do younger the fizzion? I was looking into it and the only sites i found that sold it are American, crazy shipping prices!
    I got it on ebay. Can't remember the guys name. You could look on Amazon Uk, they had it there but wouldn't ship to Ireland. If you open a parcel motel account you can get it sent to you here via there address up north. That's probably the easiest option. I'm running low myself and was just thinking that I need to stock up.
    Hee hee, I just had a look on Amazon.uk, it ranges from 8.62 to 63.00 a pack. Don't worry about the spray bottle, any old spray bottle will do, we use the old Dettol spray bottle for ours.

I feel so guilty leaving dude all alone in his crate while I'm down in the pub! My first night out since well before he got sick, actually my first night even having a drink so I'm tipsy only after a few, very cheap night for me tonight :D but I haven't had a tipsy post here in a while :P so I'm going to take this drunken opportunity to thank you all for your support over the past couple of months with everything going on, I don't know how I would have gotten trough it without your continuing messages of support and encouragement. Yiz are a great online community :D

• Advertisement

Don't feel guilty, you've no reason to. You need to let off a bit of steam from time to time, enjoy yourself, have one for me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Don't worry, my foster boys that were rescued early October got Parazole on intake, then three days parazole two weeks after that, another three days parazole two weeks after that, and a single dose a month after. (They were six months old on intake, but had obviously never been wormed; they were very wormy!)

They weren't due another worm dose til early February and I found a little worm in their poop yesterday morning - out came the Parazole again! :D

:mad: Poor Lucy nearly got hit by a bike yesterday. Guy flying down the (narrow) footpath on his bike with his unleashed dog running ahead. He's already hit one of the other dogs!

Felix finally reclaimed his basket on the kitchen table, just above the radiator. We leave it there as we rarely use the kitchen table, mostly we eat at different times. Madam Poppy had stolen it, as she has with most of their favourite sleeping places. Anyway there was a bit of howling from Felix at Toby in the kitchen so I sat at the table doing my crossword and he eventually went in to his basket and was sound asleep doing his little contented noises.

I brought Molly down for a 2nd run around the house last night and she discovered she can squeeze behind the baseboard and get under the sink. she was trying to swing out of Toby, but he's not having it, just gives her 'what are you' looks and the odd hiss if she gets to boisterous:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Alli just lost one of her back teeth, it was so much bigger than i thought! I only found it because she was throwing it up in the air playing with it :rolleyes:

SingItOut wrote: »
    Alli just lost one of her back teeth, it was so much bigger than i thought! I only found it because she was throwing it up in the air playing with it :rolleyes:

God the first time I found one of Bailey's I nearly puked! With Lucy I saw more in poo than lying around lol! :p

SingItOut wrote: »

The best part is when the canines come in and they end up with four on the top. When I first had peach and cream I thought I was after getting some weird mutant kitties!

@tk123 I'm pretty sure thats where i'll find the rest haha

@SillymangoX That happened to Moone, I thought it made her "Unique". I was kinda disapointed when they fell out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Am I a saddo?
    I still have some of Cocos puppy teeth from 6 years ago:o

AFgqNHxl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

^^ Shudder!!

Anything to do with teeth freaks me out. I have dreams a few times a year where I'm literally spitting handfuls of them out or they're wobbling on a thread in my gums. A dentist would be my nightmare job :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

anniehoo wrote: »
    ^^ Shudder!!

Anything to do with teeth freaks me out. I have dreams a few times a year where I'm literally spitting handfuls of them out or they're wobbling on a thread in my gums. A dentist would be my nightmare job :eek::eek:

I remember when I was younger I used to constantly have dreams where my teeth were falling out, so I looked it up in one of my friends dream interpretation books and it said that dreaming that your teeth are falling out is a sign that you're pregnant. As I was only 13 at the time, I somehow don't think that was true :pac:

It can be a sign of stress OR that you're grinding your teeth at night - i grind mine and have to wear a splint that must have cost 1k at this stage with all the adjustments etc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

anniehoo wrote: »
    ^^ Shudder!!

The thoughts of even going to the dentist starts me hand wringing and sweating. I'm terrified of anybody going near my mouth but I can handle Cocos teeth no problem

Come to think of it, I don't like anybody touching my feet or even getting my hair done, or massages. For the most part I don't like strangers touching me at all!

tk123 wrote: »
    It can be a sign of stress OR that you're grinding your teeth at night - i grind mine and have to wear a splint that must have cost 1k at this stage with all the adjustments etc :(

That makes sense actually, I have to wear a splint too. Well I'm supposed to but I can't sleep well with it in so I just put it in when I wake up because that's when I grind my teeth without noticing!

lol! I can't sleep without mine! :p

I used to freak out if anyone touched my neck... I had to get a biopsy on my thyroid so needle in the neck - I was that rigid with fear they asked if I had a problem with my spine lol!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yeah heard it's a stress thing as well. I used to get bullied about my teeth when I was a kid (they're nice now but I suppose it stays with you a bit). The dreams are so realistic it's scary. I'm literally showing people handfuls of teeth and they don't believe me. So freaky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I always thought the teeth dream meant you were anxious or was meant to represent powerlessness. I used to get it too but i think it was because I had really bad teeth and I was very insecure about them!

tk123 wrote: »
    lol! I can't sleep without mine! :p

I used to freak out if anyone touched my neck... I had to get a biopsy on my thyroid so needle in the neck - I was that rigid with fear they asked if I had a problem with my spine lol!! :P

The thought of long needles like for biopsies really freaks me out, I have no problems with small needles or even IV needles, I used to have to give myself injections every night as a kid and it's made me so they don't bother me in the slightest, but those long ones.. ugh! I had to get a lumbar puncture about 4 years ago and I still have nightmares about that needle!

@borderlinemeath I felt bad after throwing it in the bin but it was bloody and stuff haha

I always had dreams where my teeth would fall out or turn to ash in my mouth, and it's supposed to be a signal of anxiety

• Advertisement

Just took Felix in to see Molly, he'd been pawing at the door of her room so I figured what the heck I'd let him see her through the pet gate, of course Jazzy arrived and jumped in over the gate. Felix doesn't acknowledge her much and rarely sees her. We usually close the living room door when he's asleep in there and then let her run around the house.

My God the noises coming out of him. The low growling and weird mewling/growling was unreal. She has no sense at all, he was making it clear he wasn't happy and she kept trying to jump the gate to play with him. Anyway I held her up at chest height while he explored the room and made his noises the whole time.

This fostering takes a bit of getting used to:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement