Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Ya a lovely black girl that's taken residence in the shed at nights, quite young under a year I'd say. Do you put the food on a dish or anything? Iv some nice smelly sardines so hopefully they do the trick :-) All tips greatly appreciated, first time trapping
    I used loose catnip from Tesco when we were trapping, got every cat except the one we wanted. Best of luck gettting puss.

Seems like our little Poppy is a peacemaker, of a sort. My husband was in the living room watching Jazzy and Molly play fighting on the floor. He said Poppy came in and thought they were fighting so she dived in the middle of them with her fur bushed out and they stopped. We suspect that's what happened when my husband broke up a serious fight between Felix and Toby. She seems to be on the side of the under dogcat:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

aonb wrote: »
    Put a tiny bit of folded cardboard/twig under the door, so that when it slams shut, it wont catch paws/tail - plus it wont make such a huge bang and frighten her even more.
    Put a blanket over the cage, to darken it, when shes trapped - will help her a bit.
    Is she used to eating out of a dish? If not, just put the sardines on the floor of the cage.
    Hope you catch her tonight. (Dont feed her before setting the trap up, so she will be more inclined to go in after the food)
    Are you going to neuter and keep her or rehome - is she "very" feral??

She'll eat off anything. She's not been fed so she should be hungry enough for smelly sardines! Neuter and release her again, she has a good warm shed to shelter in, food and regularly wormed. She's not very feral, absolutely terrified of human contact but she'll grab and run with food if you throw it to her or leave it down. Probably a forgotten pet once upon a time :-(

There's so many young healthy tame cats and kittens looking for homes I'd find it very difficult to get a place for her. Local rescues are already overrun. This is the best I can do for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I wish this bloody storm would pass. Haven't been able to take dude out in about 3 days because he's terrified of the wind so he's got loads of pent up energy which I can't get rid of no matter how much I play with him!

It's very stormy here so I got up to check if Toby had gone out again. Since things have been bad with Felix and him for the past few weeks he's been going out as soon as we go to bed and sitting at the front door in all weathers:( He was outside the door again and Toby came into the living room with me. He's on one side of the sofa and Felix just jumped up on the other side of that sofa. They are about 2 feet from each other. I daren't go back to bed in case Felix jumps him.

Would love to get a pic but left my mobile upstairs, my husband won't believe this when I tell him, he'll think I was dreaming, wonder how long it'll last before the growling starts.

I should've added that they've never been on the same sofa together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

She'll eat off anything. She's not been fed so she should be hungry enough for smelly sardines! Neuter and release her again, she has a good warm shed to shelter in, food and regularly wormed. She's not very feral, absolutely terrified of human contact but she'll grab and run with food if you throw it to her or leave it down. Probably a forgotten pet once upon a time :-(

There's so many young healthy tame cats and kittens looking for homes I'd find it very difficult to get a place for her. Local rescues are already overrun. This is the best I can do for her.

That sound pretty good to me - neutering her, feeding her and providing a dry place to sleep. Brownie points in spades for you :)

Finally got to bring Dude out for a walk today, so he peed 5 times out there and was delighted with himself. We were all up the end of the garden furthest away from the house, Cream decided to chase Peach down the garden (around an acre in size) and Dude looked so sad that he couldn't follow so I let go of his lead and he legged it down after them and sat politely at the back door to wait for me to come down and let him back in! Such a good boy :) I don't know how I'm going to cope this weekend when I'm in Dublin without him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bailey is lame/limping on his front paw. He let me bathe it and check/squeeze it but keeps lifting it up. :confused: He was fine all morning then all of a sudden started holding it up. If he had of stepped on glass or something would it take a few hours for it to get sore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Alli and moone are gone on their walk with dad, with a bit of luck alli will sleep all night when they get back! The cats are delighted for some peace! I thought frankie was a brat as a puppy but she is a close second! The dogs sleep inside at night then go out on their own for about two hours in the morning while I clean the house etc they have a dog house which used to have a really comfy expensive bed in there until Alli ripped the bottom out of it this morning :( now they just have half a vet bed in there. Also caught her chewing the side of the dog house and trying to pull off the new coating dad put on the roof. Fun times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

Meeting first potential foster dog at the end of the week. Fingers crossed my dog likes him and behaves herself with him. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Not long home and finally in bed, day started at 6.30 and just so tired. Started a course after work, every Tuesday for next 4 weeks, it's gonna be some long Tuesdays!
    Not looking forward to getting up in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

mymo wrote: »
    Not long home and finally in bed, day started at 6.30 and just so tired. Started a course after work, every Tuesday for next 4 weeks, it's gonna be some long Tuesdays!.
    What's the course in mymo? It's always tough studying after a full day in work. Best of luck with it :o

anniehoo wrote: »
    What's the course in mymo? It's always tough studying after a full day in work. Best of luck with it :o

Just a payroll refresher course, nothing interesting!
    Had to try damn hard to concentrate, work want me to take on the payroll, wanted a refresher before taking our wages into my hands (and the tax!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

mymo wrote: »
    Just a payroll refresher course, nothing interesting!
    Had to try damn hard to concentrate, work want me to take on the payroll, wanted a refresher before taking our wages into my hands (and the tax!)

Was that with iPass? I have just finished their technician course. Found it really good if you were interested in doing it. Going to do payroll management one in September.

toadfly wrote: »
    Was that with iPass? I have just finished their technician course. Found it really good if you were interested in doing it. Going to do payroll management one in September.

No, it's through local enterprise board, I did a full course of manual and computerised payroll, fetac accredited about 6years ago, but didn't use it since, so it's drifted into the Bermuda Triangle in my brain :o

Cat was successfully trapped in record time, within about a minute of it going down! She's spayed now and back outside again, I'm €60 down because someone else wasn't arsed about spaying their pet or dumped her as a kitten but at least I'l not find anymore surprises in the shed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

My favourite waterproof boots that leaked last week after getting caught in a hailstorm deluge have now started squeaking since drying out :mad:

My favourite waterproof boots that leaked last week after getting caught in a hailstorm deluge have now started squeaking since drying out :mad:

Shake some talc into them ;)

I've found a solution to Bailey running into the bushes/swimming across the river eating rubbish (and getting sick/upset tummy) without having to keep him on the lead all the time. It also allows Lucy to have more freedom but at the same time keeps her from running to other dogs, running in the mud beside the river or jumping into the river chasing ducks in places where she's not experienced enough eg where the currents are are too strong. Everyone is happier on our walks... I call it 'The Buddy System' mmwaahahaha :p:D

I've had to people PM me about Molly on facebook from a local site, the problem is one of them is the offspring of a neighbour and is basically a kid with a kid who also drove us mad with late night al fresco drinking last Summer, so that'll be a no from us. There's just no way I'd think her responsible enough to look after a kitten. I don't really want to place her anywhere with very young children.

I'm so glad I use an avatar and not my name on Facebook:)

Cat was successfully trapped in record time, within about a minute of it going down! She's spayed now and back outside again, I'm €60 down because someone else wasn't arsed about spaying their pet or dumped her as a kitten but at least I'l not find anymore surprises in the shed!
    As they saying goes, 'how do you save thousands of lives? Spay 1', well done, she'll be a lot happier and healthier now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

tk123 wrote: »
    I call it 'The Buddy System' mmwaahahaha :p:D

Ha! I tried this with Henry and Jess to stop Jess wandering off. It worked well except Henry kept suddenly running off when she wasn't looking and pulled her over a few times. :rolleyes:

Ha! I tried this with Henry and Jess to stop Jess wandering off. It worked well except Henry kept suddenly running off when she wasn't looking and pulled her over a few times. :rolleyes:

So far so good with my two :D

Kittens are lightening fast, Molly was upstairs one minute playing with Jazzy so I went to make a coffee, came back a minute later and she was standing on her back paws swatting at Felix, who was asleep on the sofa, to make him play with her:eek:, all 5 pounds of her to his 8.5kilos, thankfully he just hissed at her, she's no sense:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I'm raging! I had a chocolate orange given to me as a pressie yesterday and was really looking forwards to it.

Because of her ladyship I had it on a bookshelf which I thought was out of her reach. Popped out for an hour this evening to find she'd climbed over the couch and reached it, totally demolished the lot!!

I'm surprised she doesn't make herself sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Getting one of the dogs spayed next week, not sure who yet. I'm thinking it would be better to get Alli done first as moone won't annoy her while she's recovering. . On another note if nobody hears from me after 9am tomorrow I have been killed by my mother for not managing to get her garth Brooke's tickets online :P

It's not so much fun chasing a hyper Dude around the house to try take out the bit of poop attached to his butt by a blade of grass. 5th time this has happened today! In fact I think he has passed about 8 or 9 blades of grass, just swallows them in whole 5ish inch long pieces. I think he will have to curtail his lawnmower habits for a while!!

Spent over 2 hours this morning from 8.45 trying to get garth brooks tickets, not even a sniff of one and there was 3 of us trying from different computers. :( Then as I was taking my pancake out of the toaster I burnt my thumb and my hand shot up and walloped against the cupboard. And Jesse has runny poos again so a great morning overall!

But I had a great hour playing fetch with her, she's like a little dog picking up her toys in her mouth and bringing them back to me, she drops it and sits down and looks from me to her toy and back to me again. Then when I throw it she sprints off like a mad thing, she went head first into the wardrobe door at one stage, walloped her head off the laptop another time. Mad little thing :p

I love it when cats play fetch! Cream will do it but he's fussy, we have to do it down the foot path between our house and shed, and it has to be with a wet stick, he won't pick up a dry one! And it can't be longer than the span of his whiskers or he gets frightened when be picks it up. Very fussy creature :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I'm in shock. We've just been out for the past hour and a half on a walk - and it didn't rain on us!!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Ugh some people would make you so mad. Was walking dogs at local rescue this morning and 2 of the new additions included a 10 year old cavalier who was surendered, he's got a heart murmer, eye infections and is quiet thin. Poor thing is absolultly terrified and was so stressed the first night he was getting sick. There was also a ****zu pup who was being used as a football by some kids. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement