Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Have you tried Water wipes? I get them in the supermarket for ours when they need a wipe anywhere. They're basically just water and a little bit of juice, lemon juice I think, so very gentle on sensitive skin.

No I haven't actually, I'll keep an eye out for them next time I'm shopping! I've just been using unscented baby wipes, and pet cleansing wipes. And lots of kitchen roll and disinfectant. I really want to wash the floors properly but there's no point till he clears up again. Though he hasn't done anything except for 2 small leaks since 5.30 am so hopefully the ID food is helping things solidify a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

A neighbour of mine called over last night, we don't know them but their cat used to visit us every day, until he and Toby had a massive fight on Christmas day of all days. Anyway, he was at the vet on Friday and somehow managed to escape from the house when they got home. He can barely walk and has been missing since Friday.

It's horrible when they go missing, especially when they're vulnerable and then there's been all the stormy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

His poor bum was really irritated so I gave it a wash with a baby wipe... you know those horror stories you hear about changing a nappy on a baby boy...? I've just experienced that with a cat!

This is going far beyond the call of duty - you deserve to be a serious contender for the worlds best cat-mum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Yesterday when I was out doing hen stuff, my youngest dog started barking for ages at something behind a shed. Thought it was a rat or something and ignored him. Eventually when I was finished, when to see what he was up to, there was a cat curled up, paws under his chest, beside the shed, and under a bush. Thought, he must be dead to have put up with my idiot terrier barking at him (dogs a wimp, afraid of everything, so wasnt getting closer than about 3 feet to the cat) but thought very odd to be dead & lying in that sleep position. Didnt move while I peered at it. It was quite dark, so I couldnt really see. Black cat (hes feral, I see him about quite a bit - feed him if he ever comes close to the house). Anyway, this a.m young dog starts barking over behind the shed again, thought poor dead cat, then had to leave to go to work. Asked hubby who was working at home this afternoon, to go and remove the dead cat. It was GONE!!!! Now I feel bad that I let my stupid fool of a dog bark incessently at it for so long :eek: At least it wasnt dead. I should have got a torch, and gone and left some food for it though

aonb wrote: »
    This is going far beyond the call of duty - you deserve to be a serious contender for the worlds best cat-mum!!

Our vet said that I should give lessons on how to be a good owner and a good vet client after I brought her in a urine sample from Dude, apparently no one ever thinks to bring one when going in for a UTI check :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

nala2012 wrote: »
    I caved and brought home the ten year old cavalier that was surrendered to rescue last week. There's just something about him that got to me and when there was no interest when he was put up on facebook i text her and collected him today! I'm just fostering him but i think he might stay. When i was back there i walked some of the dogs. There were two terrified springer pups, they'd break your heart they were so scared. I had them out for half hour just sitting petting them and they really came out of their shells and tails were wagging! Hope they get into a home soon though it'll do them the world of good.

Ah I saw that doggy on their FB page funnily enough when the post said the resident dog was called Nala I wondered if it was Nala from Boards! He looks like a total sweetheart sounds like he fell on his paws!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Sillymangox those cats don't know how lucky they are. They really fell on their paws having you as a mum :)

Molly has developed an obsession with the bathroom. She's taken to lying on the spare bed which is opposite the bathroom, and racing me in whenever she sees me going in. Mostly she runs behind the bath panel so she can hear the water going down the pipe or she jumps in the sink to have the tap turned on to play with the water.

She refuses to be locked out of the bathroom and sticks her paws under the door trying to tunnel in:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Well Toby is fine, his wound had scab bed over by the time vet saw him, but he gave him a shot of antibiotics because of all the puss I got out last night.
    Salt water must have done the trick cleaning it out.

Lovely vet only charged me for the shot, not the visit (I've been in 7 times since early dec), it wasn't the guy who normally gets Toby, and Toby was sweet as pie with him. He nearly ate the other guy alive the last time!

It's kitty cat craziness time here with Molly and Jazzy. She's doing her bouncy leaping across the room thing while Jazzy hides behind the curtain waiting to pounce on her. The other 3 are still sleepy. There's nothing like a cat to put a smile on your face, especially during their crazy half hour time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

NOoooooooooooooooooooooooo! :( My waterproofs are leaking and re-proofing them last night didn't work! They were perfect because they were short...like me lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

I've only had Bruce (the old cavalier) a couple days but i'm worried that the rescue is going to call saying they've found a home for him but i'm afraid to commit and adopt him! He's just so sweet and good! Only time there's a peep outta him is when i take out the lead and he dances and barks or when it's dinner time. Rest of the time he's fast asleep on my lap or the couch if i'm not there. His eyes are very bad though. They are all cloudy and he definatly can't see when it's dark cos he walked into the step when he was out last night. Anyone have experience with cavaliers and dry eye?

This weather is something else. Thankfully Toby stayed in with me last night, he slept on the bed til 4am. Then vanished out. My husband had to dry him off when he got in from work this morning as he was soaked, won't use the cat flap when it's dark:rolleyes: I'm going to have to buy my husband a new work coat today, his is hanging up in the hall, soaked through the lining and what he wore to work is soaking wet too.

He had to strip downstairs he got that soaked coming home from work, I shouldn't laugh really:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I've been in England since Friday and am now on the bus To Cork from Dublin... Can't wait to see my little furbabies. My OH was home with them so I think I've missed them alot more than they've missed me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

:D

bn72.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Brilliant:D:D:D

Replace the dog with a cat in that picture and that was basically me walking Dude yesterday, the wind knocked him over loads but he was loving it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

When I dropped Ollie off at the pet sitter's this morning I (well, he) got this

OllieInvite.jpg

:D An invite to Rocco's birthday bash that's happening at the sitter's! I don't know why, but it really made my morning, cheered me right up! He's a gorgeous little Italian Greyhound, full of beans. Must go shopping for a pressie now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Oh my god, that is actually the cutest thing!

I met with the pet behaviourist today, I'm not sure what I think of it yet. Some things I agreed with others I didn't, time will tell. Certainly doesn't come cheap. Molly is running around the house with her dangly toy with a bell on it, she's just carried it upstairs in her mouth then run back down stairs and is carrying it around the living room:)

• Advertisement

I had a couple of close calls with Molly escaping tonight. We've got the cat flap on vet mode so they can only come in not out. I opened the back door to let Jazzy out and she was nowhere to be seen, I almost jammed her in the door without seeing her she was that fast and out the door in seconds. I nabbed her just in time. The flap must've been ajar when Jazzy came in it as I heard the flap and went to check if he wanted out again, only to see her tail disappearing out again:eek:

Then she climbed the curtain above it trying to get out. She's back in her safe room for a while until she settles a bit and my nerves settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I had a couple of close calls with Molly escaping tonight. We've got the cat flap on vet mode so they can only come in not out. I opened the back door to let Jazzy out and she was nowhere to be seen, I almost jammed her in the door without seeing her she was that fast and out the door in seconds. I nabbed her just in time. The flap must've been ajar when Jazzy came in it as I heard the flap and went to check if he wanted out again, only to see her tail disappearing out again:eek:

Then she climbed the curtain above it trying to get out. She's back in her safe room for a while until she settles a bit and my nerves settle.

Times like that make you want to get GPS for your pet lol.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

VonVix wrote: »
    Times like that make you want to get GPS for your pet lol.
    She's just so little and frankly, she has no sense at all. At least she's spayed and microchipped.

She's just so little and frankly, she has no sense at all. At least she's spayed and microchipped.

Is she young? What breed? For some reason I'm imagining either a yorkie or a cocker lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

The foster I have had here for the past couple of weeks is a little livewire terrier, she springs around like a grasshopper. She's only about 9 months old and has no sense or no heed in anything and is at her happiest when she's playing with the other dogs, big or small.

Yesterday she got spayed, she was out of it last night with the anesthetic but this morning she was back to herself and is just insane trying to get out to play. I've had to confine her to a large crate and she is doing her nut trying to get out. She is squealing and whining all day to get out to play and on the toilet breaks out on the lead she's literally jumping in hoops to try and get to play with the others. I just cannot let her off lead, or even out of the crate when we're inside as she throws herself about jumping on and off furniture and rough plays with anybody who's willing to play with her.

It's going to be a long ten days :o

VonVix wrote: »
    Is she young? What breed? For some reason I'm imagining either a yorkie or a cocker lol.
    She's a 5 month old kitten:D

She's a 5 month old kitten:D

Hahah, I should have guessed. Makes sense.

I'm in a panto this month and I'm playing a witch, I really want to steal a black cat from someone and have it follow me around the stage but the producers won't let me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

I'm in a panto this month and I'm playing a witch, I really want to steal a black cat from someone and have it follow me around the stage but the producers won't let me :(

Aw, no fair! Maybe make one out of papier mache and fix it onto the shoulder of your costume? :pac:

• Advertisement

ferretone wrote: »
    Aw, no fair! Maybe make one out of papier mache and fix it onto the shoulder of your costume? :pac:

Ooooh now there's an idea... Or I could use a teddy! :P in another panto a few years ago someone was playing postman pat, and nobody could find a black and white cat teddy to go with it so we used a cow. Only the person who played pat didn't know that the teddy made noise so it was like "here's my black and white cat Jess... mooooooooo. Uh, she's sick." :pac: :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement