Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'd love to know how Molly is getting on in her new forever home, hopefully it is her forever home. The house is oddly quiet without her, our other 4 don't seem to miss her though:D I agreed to help the charity I fostered her for with a church gate collection on Sunday, hopefully the weather is better than it is today.

I saw the fox again this morning, I couldn't sleep last night so I was reading downstairs, when I opened the door around 3am to see if Toby was around the fox was on it's way home, always is at that time for some reason. Toby had no interest whatsoever in it.

I hope I can get an early appointment at the vet in the morning. Toby came home soaked to the skin this afternoon, not a mark on him but when I was drying him off the towel was brown, so it was muddy water on him. I've never seen a cat so wet. Anyway he seemed ok other than that, but he's been subdued all evening on his armchair and hadn't got off the chair since about 3 this afternoon until about a half hour ago.

He stood up for a nibble of food and we noticed that his leg and paw are very swollen. I tried to get him to eat a bit of tuna with some metacam in it but no joy there. He's holding his leg even when he's lying down. I don't know what happened to him. Really hope it isn't broken:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I hope I can get an early appointment at the vet in the morning. Toby came home soaked to the skin this afternoon, not a mark on him but when I was drying him off the towel was brown, so it was muddy water on him. I've never seen a cat so wet. Anyway he seemed ok other than that, but he's been subdued all evening on his armchair and hadn't got off the chair since about 3 this afternoon until about a half hour ago.

He stood up for a nibble of food and we noticed that his leg and paw are very swollen. I tried to get him to eat a bit of tuna with some metacam in it but no joy there. He's holding his leg even when he's lying down. I don't know what happened to him. Really hope it isn't broken:(

Yikes!! Hope hes ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Lol! Lucy has been unsettled in her crate the last week or so when I put her in (with a kong) while I have a shower or get dressed... not helped by Bailey going into the kitchen after he finished his kong and then leaving her on her own OR barking to get in and setting her off. This morning I brought Bailey upstairs where he couldn't annoy her and put my ipad in front of the crate playing DogTV videos on youtube - not a peep out of her lol! :p

aonb wrote: »
    Yikes!! Hope hes ok??
    It's hard to know for sure until I see the vet this afternoon. I think it might be a ligament as the paw is very swollen but he can put a bit of pressure on it for a minute or so, poor chap is holding it most of the time though, even when he's sitting up:(

At least he'll get something for the pain later and hopefully it's nothing too major, I'm so glad we got pet insurance for him last year.

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Lol! Lucy has been unsettled in her crate the last week or so when I put her in (with a kong) while I have a shower or get dressed... not helped by Bailey going into the kitchen after he finished his kong and then leaving her on her own OR barking to get in and setting her off. This morning I brought Bailey upstairs where he couldn't annoy her and put my ipad in front of the crate playing DogTV videos on youtube - not a peep out of her lol! :p

I just put the DogTV relaxation video on for my boys. They know the words LOOK! and DOGS! So the video is playing, me shouting LOOK! DOGS! and my moron dogs just look at me as if to say AT WHAT? WHERE? They just dont get the whole TV thing. Do some dogs not 'see' whats on a tv screen? I know my elderly friends JRT goes BANANAS at very specific things on a tv screen

The last time I put it on the TV for a test Bailey went BALLISTIC at the dogs and then Lucy ran over and stood beside him lol!! I then put on some dog relaxation music (again from youtube) and they both went fast asleep! My two love the TV and will give looks until it's put on for them lol!! Bailey went mad the other week when Catchphrase was on and a cartoon wolf was on the screen :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Grr! Ahem, anybody want to adopt a very pretty, totally angelic (:rolleyes:) tabby cat? She definitely didn't just go flying around the kitchen, as she isn't allowed in there, so obviously didn't throw down a full bottle of ketchup onto the tiles, along with a few other bits, including a (thankfully) empty pickle jar. It took ages to clean up, but clearly I must have done it myself, so can't xomplain :p

ferretone wrote: »
    Grr! Ahem, anybody want to adopt a very pretty, totally angelic (:rolleyes:) tabby cat? She definitely didn't just go flying around the kitchen, as she isn't allowed in there, so obviously didn't throw down a full bottle of ketchup onto the tiles, along with a few other bits, including a (thankfully) empty pickle jar. It took ages to clean up, but clearly I must have done it myself, so can't xomplain :p
    Yep, the tabbys have a special talent for mooching on work surfaces. My tabby chap loves to hunt around at the side of the sink after dinner, in case there's anything on a plate he can steal. I wouldn't mind, but if I put something on a plate for him where he normally eats he'd walk away from it, but put it somewhere he's not supposed to be and he'll wolf it down:D

I gave up trying to stop him years ago, it's easier just to wipe down the surfaces with dettol clear spray before preparing food. They also have a special knack of looking grumpy when they want to.

Yep, the tabbys have a special talent for mooching on work surfaces.

This stuff wasn't on a work surface, but on the top shelf, which just happens to be handy for jumping onto the cabinet over the fridge from. I needed to take out the ashes from the fire, so when she scooted into the kitchen I ran over to whisk her out, which put her in a great hurry, so she took no care in zooming along the shelf towards the safety of the cabinet. Which means it was my fault really, I guess :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

This stuff wasn't on a work surface, but on the top shelf, which just happens to be handy for jumping onto the cabinet over the fridge from. I needed to take out the ashes from the fire, so when she scooted into the kitchen I ran over to whisk her out, which put her in a great hurry, so she took no care in zooming along the shelf towards the safety of the cabinet. Which means it was my fault really, I guess :rolleyes:
    My chap almost made me jump out of my skin last week. I was doing the dishes and I heard a bang behind me. I jerked around to see what it was, there he was, on top of the fridge freezer, having knocked something off the top of it. Since then he's been jumping from the kitchen table on to the top of the fridge. I think it's in protest that I moved the chest freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

anniehoo wrote: »
    Ahh, cuteness overload, we'll all end up with diabetes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Finally got around to getting biological washing liquid today so all bedding is in the process of being washed, gonna take a few loads! I feel sorry for the poor cats though they just have a couple of sheets of vet bed for the night! Does anyone know if you can use it as floor cleaner or put it in a spray bottle for to use on furniture??

Finally got around to getting biological washing liquid today so all bedding is in the process of being washed, gonna take a few loads! I feel sorry for the poor cats though they just have a couple of sheets of vet bed for the night! Does anyone know if you can use it as floor cleaner or put it in a spray bottle for to use on furniture??

Of course you can! I used to use it on all kinds of places back when we had the girlie who used to get crystals. You can't beat it for dealing with that je-ne-sais-quoi of cat wee, anywhere around the house :eek:

Of course you can! I used to use it on all kinds of places back when we had the girlie who used to get crystals. You can't beat it for dealing with that je-ne-sais-quoi of cat wee, anywhere around the house :eek:
    I do the same as Ferretone. With the pet bedding I give it an extra rinse when I'm washing it, otherwise they can be a bit funny about the smell of it. Speaking of Vet bed, I bought some for Tobys cat house, it arrived yesterday and I've got it half under a blanket on his armchair til he gets used to it. He's not sure what to make of it. One minute he's kneading away purring on it, the next he won't stand on it:rolleyes:

Mine can be funny about it too, there's just some sheets of it they refuse to use for some reason, even though it might have been cut from the same roll as the one they atd using. Strange creatures!

I think I passed my tummy bug onto Cream :( I've been sick for a couple of days, and now it seems that cream has caught it. He refused breakfast this morning and then when we were out for our walk he are a load of grass then ran down to the side of the house and starting howling before he puked :( my poor little man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Seen my stray cat this morning so she's alive :D Must have taken residence in someone else's shed but at least she's alive :) The hair on the backs of her hind legs has thinned a lot though, she had it back when she was feeding the kittens and I put it down to that and poor nutrition but it seems to have come back again, any ideas? Can't catch her to give her a spot on.

GAH! A damaged water main in town and our supply is affected - it's all cloudy/murky looking and likely to be like that for the weekend. 5 out of 20 litres of water bought at 9:00pm are already gone (!)... I beat my addiction to soft drinks 2 months ago but got addicted to drinking water instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Max has decided that he sleeps in my bed now. This funny little creature who only a few weeks ago wouldn't dream of coming more than a few feet into the bedroom, then only stayed on the edge of the bed on the door side now comes all the way around the the scary, no escape route window side of the bed where I sleep and sits there expectantly waiting for me to get in and leaps up beside me full of purrs and love and hugs. He also loves catching the 'mice' moving under the blankets. aka: my feet.

Fascinates me how different our two little cats are, the former stray who we've only had a few months is so much more affectionate than the one we've had since we got her when she was a baby almost 6 years ago!

• Advertisement

Ah a funny thing happened this morning. Lucy was running around in the park near *not running up to or at* this little f@@ker of a JRT this morning. He starting barking and making snappy noises so I called her and told her to wait so she stopped and waited!! (w00t :D) and the JRT decided to run over to her snapping.... Well out of nowhere big brother to the rescue - Bailey came charging in barking and growling sounding all tough telling the JRT to leave his baby alone!! :D I lol'd

Starting a new job today working in a hotel, so weird not being surrounded by animals for the day!! Though I'm absolutely wrecked now and have to do a panto in an hour. I wanna cuddle up with my kitties and sleep!

Starting a new job today working in a hotel, so weird not being surrounded by animals for the day!! Though I'm absolutely wrecked now and have to do a panto in an hour. I wanna cuddle up with my kitties and sleep!

congratulations! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

That is great news SMX, many congratulations.

More congrats as well! You are awful busy now by the sounds, and wishing you all the best with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Spent over 2 hours chopping and bagging quail for the cats, gave her a taster last night, a small wing and little bit of breast meat, after playing with the meat she ate it had a nibble at the wing and left it. The dog got it this morning, ungrateful little madam :p Hopefully jesses a bit more enthusiastic for it.

Our attempt at trimming Poppys claws was a total failure, partly because the clippers are crap, even though they got great reviews. Mr P will be taking her to get her claws trimmed at the vets next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Dogs are snoring happily after an afternoon at the beach, Oliver had a mad ten mins running around with a lovely retriever girl, wore him out nicely.
    I think I'll be having an early night too!

Toby is absolutely loving his cat house. We've insulated it and propped the flap open for him and he decides when he wants to go out for the night. He's often so comfy in there that no amount of coaxing will convince him to come indoors at night. The others seem very envious of it, Felix has a few scratches on his nose too.

Toby's feeling a lot more confident but it's nice to know he has a nice warm place to sleep out of the rain until he feels happy to stay in over night.

• Advertisement

I think dude misses having me in the house all day. When I got home from work this eve he spent a good 45 minutes kneading me all over and rubbing his little drooly face all over mine. Mam thinks he was re scent marking me since I smelled of hotel!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement