Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Aww the last photo in that old Post pictures of your pets! thread that somebody resurrected today is my poor kitty cat! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Got offered a new job today :) I finish the one I'm in now this week and was getting very stressed over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fantastic news. It is brilliant when things work out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Congrats Sarannewrap :D

I think I spent a wee bit too much money today.. I registered Dude with TICA, entered him into a cat show and not 5 minutes later AIB rang me to make sure they were genuine :pac: And now I'm after spending another €100 on zooplus! I suppose I better wait a while before booking our hotel for the show or else they may think that my card is being frauded!

Well done guys on the jobs! :)

• Advertisement

Just seen your post about new job too sillymangox :) Congrats! I don't start mine until the 18 th cause I'm going away for a week for my birthday. So glad I can enjoy it without worrying about being unemployed when I get back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Going by on the bus last week I seen something suspiciously like a cat or small dog in a cardboard box but put it at the back of my mind presuming it was a black bag or item of clothing as it was beside a footpath someone else surely would have noticed it if it was an animal, went by again on the bus this evening and I'm nearly sure it's a small black dog or a big cat :( It's covered over a little with another cardboard box but loads of people walk by there every day including kids from a nearby school. There was another small black dog knocked down further out the road too :(

I'v sent a message to a local rescue to see can they have a look at them both to see have they any form of identification. Can't understand how the one in the box could be sitting there a week with people walking by and nobody has moved it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Going by on the bus last week I seen something suspiciously like a cat or small dog in a cardboard box but put it at the back of my mind presuming it was a black bag or item of clothing as it was beside a footpath someone else surely would have noticed it if it was an animal, went by again on the bus this evening and I'm nearly sure it's a small black dog or a big cat :( It's covered over a little with another cardboard box but loads of people walk by there every day including kids from a nearby school. There was another small black dog knocked down further out the road too :(

I'v sent a message to a local rescue to see can they have a look at them both to see have they any form of identification. Can't understand how the one in the box could be sitting there a week with people walking by and nobody has moved it!
    Hopefully the rescue can help. I don't know, people seem to be able to turn a blind eye to animal neglect. The vet we use had a badly injured kitten brought in the other week. Somebody had bothered stop and take him to a vet. I had posted it on a local forum to see if the owners could be found. A woman posted that she'd seen it earlier, injured and soaked under a tree but had been 'too busy' to stop. Sometimes you just feel like shaking people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

:):):) I bumped into Molly's new mum in the shopping centre this morning and Molly has definitely found her forever home(despite waking them at 5am every day for company) with them. She's settled in nicely and the kids love her and her them. That's made my week now, we've been thinking of her every day and keeping everything crossed that she'd be happy where she is.

As far as fostering goes now, with the situation with our own cats still a bit edgy at times, I think we'll only do short term emergency fostering for kittens that really don't have anywhere but the streets to go back to. At least until things are totally settled with our own cats. If anyone is thinking of fostering I can really recommend it. It's such a worthwhile thing to do and does really make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Well done to you Pumpkinseeds, you played a blinder with Molly. I am delighted that her forever home is working out for her but without you she mightn't have fallen on all four paws like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Congrats on the new jobs sillymango and sarannewrap , I have a job interview tomorrow and another next week so fingers crossed I'll be just as lucky :)

Just rang and have Alli booked in to be spayed next week, I would rather have waited until she was older but rescues orders. she'll have a heart attack when we leave her there that morning :(

SingItOut wrote: »
    Congrats on the new jobs sillymango and sarannewrap , I have a job interview tomorrow and another next week so fingers crossed I'll be just as lucky :)

Just rang and have Alli booked in to be spayed next week, I would rather have waited until she was older but rescues orders. she'll have a heart attack when we leave her there that morning :(

Ohh fingers crossed for you :) hopefully new employment is catching in this thread and you get it!

Also good luck alli! I hated leaving my two in to be spayed and felt sick with nerves until I got them back. But she will benefit in the long run. I hope she has a speedy recovery :)

Hope the interview goes well for you :) and alli will be just fine! Happy drugs (what I call sedatives :P) work wonders on doggies in the vet :P

I can't wait to get home from work today! I've been finished for an hour but my dad is working up here too painting so I've to wait for him to be done :( apparently Dude sits in the porch every day from 4.30 on waiting for me to come home, poor bub!

Dude sits in the porch every day from 4.30 on waiting for me to come home, poor bub!

Bailey has done that for the last year and a half - I used to be home before 5:00 in my old job. Home closer to 6 now but he still takes position in the hall at 4:30 and Lucy lies beside him lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    Bailey has done that for the last year and a half - I used to be home before 5:00 in my old job. Home closer to 6 now but he still takes position in the hall at 4:30 and Lucy lies beside him lol :pac:

Did you see that programme on BBC2 recently? The one Chris Packham presented, I can't remember the name of the programme though. Anyway the last segment was a vizsla who kept looking out the window and waiting for his owner from 4.30-5 until his daddy owner arrived in. His mammy owner used to arrive home earlier and watch the routine every day and they were convinced he knew the time of day. In reality, the daddy owners scent was dissipating over time and by 4.30 he was actively looking for him, so they did a little experiment where his mammy went around the room scent marking with her husbands tee shirts. The vizsla didn't do his usual routine, he was content with the aroma/knowledge that his daddy owner was about and he was relaxing in bed when his daddy came in!:)

Oh I'm going to try that tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    Oh I'm going to try that tomorrow!!

She used his football training tee shirts, so plenty of nice sweaty scent:D, so have you any gym clothes or even pyjamas that would be nice and scented?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

:eek: I go away for a night and it all falls apart!
    Dog 1 is fine. Kids are fine. New dog and husband are both rather traumatised :o

I'm never leaving again!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Fainted at the vets yesterday when they were taking out Bruce's stitches! Same thing happened when Nala was spayed couple years ago... So embarrasing, they've put a note on my file now that i'm liable to fainting! Luckily Bruce is now in great health so apart from drops for his eyes he's not on any other medication and is nearly up to his ideal weight. He's getting groomed next week, the hair on his paws is really long and cos he loves to walk in puddles it's getting tangled. One thing the vet did talk about was putting him on heart medication. His murmer is grade two and he's loads of energy and loves to go for walks but she said if that changes or he develops a cough he'll have to start talking medication. Any one have a dog on heart tablets? Are they expensive

• Advertisement

Brilliant!! :D

Aww I hadn't seen that one before!!

This is my current favourite :)

I'm putting in a complaint, an adorably cute kitten didn't pop out of my packet of mcvities :D I'v gotten kitten broody again :eek:

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I'm putting in a complaint, an adorably cute kitten didn't pop out of my packet of mcvities :D I'v gotten kitten broody again :eek:

Sorry :pac: I'm a tad obsessed with blues, I think my first pedigree cat will be a British blue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

BBC4 is worth watching now ;)

I love that ad with the kittens! It looks just like my Kitty blue when she was a wee kitten :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Job interview went great, it had to be the quickest interview I've ever had!

On another note Alli met sheep and lambs for the first time today, the lambs were so brave coming right up to the fence. Alli of course was terrified of them :P

I was very excited today, my first paycheck :D now I can afford to buy my cats their zooplus orders all on my own :pac: I did insist on bringing my parents out for a drink though, just because I could :D

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

nala2012 wrote: »
    One thing the vet did talk about was putting him on heart medication. His murmer is grade two and he's loads of energy and loves to go for walks but she said if that changes or he develops a cough he'll have to start talking medication. Any one have a dog on heart tablets? Are they expensive

That kinda depends on the weight of the dog, and also what you would regard as expensive. I had a ferret on them a couple years ago, and that was fine for us, but he was only 1.5 kg, and we aren't on benefits.

My neighbour's dog was on them for a while, and he's around 35 kg, she was on benefits, so saw them as very expensive. I think they were around €25 per month. One of the meds my dog is on now costs that, and that's fine for us, but I can quite see how it is too much for others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

He's a cavalier king charles and will be 10kg when he's put on weight (he was 8kg when i got him last month). I don't mind what it costs just wanted to have an idea! Our other dogs are 30kg and 50kg so everything is a lot cheaper for him cos he's such a squirt :) He doesn't know he's the smallest though and has no problem chasing Nelson (50kg). It's actually becoming a bit of a problem because he's started to be a bit aggressive towards him. Nelson is such a good boy and ignores him but I know I can't expect him to do that forever and am going to contact Tara. Just goes to show how stupid the restricted breeds legislation is because the first dog i need to talk to a behaviourist about is the one who's not on the list!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement