Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Was doing brilliant with Benson, our rescue foster setter - He is terrified of any kind of brush/mop/shovel but he is almost ok with me sweeping and mopping the floor, he now only gets up on the couch instead of running for the door.

Then last night Cocos tail knocked over a newspaper, when I picked it up he went running with his tail between his legs - terrified look in his eyes:(.

On the plus side, he is so happy and content compared to when he arrived a month ago. I couldn't even put on the dishwasher without him running for cover back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

Reckon I must be mad! Went to agility this morning with Jazz and I have never been so wet in my life whilst fully clothed :D

Discovered my rain trousers are brill (pennys best) but my jacket and shoes were useless :( we had a great laugh though, it's a lovely club to train with.

On another note Jazz's rehabilitation is going so well she got to play off lead with the other dogs today and she behaved brilliantly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

On another note Jazz's rehabilitation is going so well she got to play off lead with the other dogs today and she behaved brilliantly :D

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Jazz is a lady really :D

Yep a lady with ATTITUDE!! :D:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm in Lanzarote!! :D

tk123 wrote: »

Ooh very nice, hope you're having a great time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

tk123 wrote: »

I bet its not raining and miserable out there:). Bailey must be on his holidays too then!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Dexter got out of his pen in the kitchen last night, destroyed the place. poop everywhere, all my laundry which was to be packed for italy trip today down on top of it, recycling everywhere. Walked in on him chewing on my new shoes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Rebels was excellent today at the doggie show we went to. She may have only got a third in the losers catagory but still, she behaved amazingly!

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    Dexter got out of his pen in the kitchen last night, destroyed the place. poop everywhere, all my laundry which was to be packed for italy trip today down on top of it, recycling everywhere. Walked in on him chewing on my new shoes :(

One to add to the naughtiest thing your pet has done thread :eek:

The joys of puppyhood

Tired tired tired - I hate working nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

booourns to working nights Whispered!
    Daisy decided about quarter to 5 this morning 'hey I wanna get up!' I thought she needed to go to the bathroom so I got up to turn off the alarm etc, and sneaky sod legged it into my mother (that's where she wanted to go), trying to get on the bed. Their bed is higher than mine, and she needs steps to get onto mine! lol.
    Cola for breakfast, keep me awake hopefully!

Are we doing SS again this year? The chill in the air has me feeling all christmassy.

AJ I hope your new position won't make you too busy to do this again. If you need a hand this year I'm happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I was just wondering when someone was going to bring that up :p. I'm on hols next week so will figure it out then ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Whispered wrote: »
    Congratulations! Was it a surprise? Did you cry? Did HE cry?

Thank you :D, yes big suprise! No1 cried, I was speachless for a few minutes though!
    TillyGirl, did he go down on one knee? FULL STORY!!!

He did bless him, we were walking back to our apartment after dinner last Tuesday. We were in Portugal for our holliers :). Now trying to pick an engagement ring :rolleyes: such a difficult job!
    ppink wrote: »
    Congrats Tillygirl:):)

Have you set a date?

NOOOO, this time last week I wasnt engaged so we arent in any rush.
    Are we doing SS again this year?

I dont mind helping out either, just shout if you need it.

TillyGirl wrote: »
    NOOOO, this time last week I wasnt engaged so we arent in any rush.

I have a friend who will only get engaged when she's ready to get married, as in "we're engaged and the church is booked....." sort of idea. I think she's mad, I enjoyed being engaged just as much as I enjoy being married. It's so exciting. I hope you both enjoy every single minute of it.

I have a friend who will only get engaged when she's ready to get married, as in "we're engaged and the church is booked....." sort of idea. I think she's mad, I enjoyed being engaged just as much as I enjoy being married. It's so exciting. I hope you both enjoy every single minute of it.

Oh god no thats not me, I was still a bit freaked out by being engaged I dont think I could handle planning a wedding so soon! I am going to visit my sister in the UK at the end of the month and she wants to go dress shopping :eek:

Ah you may as well go and get some ideas anyway. A nice day out with your sister too if you like dresses etc. Are you thinking of a big white trad wedding?

I have about 2 hours before my shift ends and I can go home. I am off then until the 17th.

We're staying in Manilva on the costa del sol, it's a little white village 2km up the mountain, near Gib and we're hiring a car, I'm most looking forward to visiting here - Ronda

393394221_95fa55d9c2.jpg

Doesn't that look photoshopped!

We're also planning on a days cycling on a Via Verde, which in my opinion is a fantastic idea (the facility I mean). It's over 60km, I haven't cycled in about 12 years or more - so that should be painful!

I'm soooo bored. If I don't find something to do for the next 2 hours I'll be giving you all a blow by blow of our exact plans. :D

Suzi Walsh talking on Ian Dempsey show now :D

• Advertisement

Oh I was just wondering if that was "our" Suzi:).

I think so, I just assumed!

I'm just back from the vet. Have had the 4 dogs jabbed and Minnie had her blood test done cus of the meds she's on for her hips. Have to say I was really impressed with the service. Was there at 5 with Minnie and Keri and when I went back at 6 with Jazz and Boe they had her results. Reckon the HSE could learn something from vet service :D

Plus the price was bearable :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I'm just back from the vet. Have had the 4 dogs jabbed and Minnie had her blood test done cus of the meds she's on for her hips. Have to say I was really impressed with the service. Was there at 5 with Minnie and Keri and when I went back at 6 with Jazz and Boe they had her results. Reckon the HSE could learn something from vet service :D

Plus the price was bearable :p

It takes less than 10 minutes to run and have results! Last time I had bloods done I was waiting nearly a week for the results, the HSE certainly could learn a thing or two from vets!

I have frequently thought of heading for my vet when I am sick rather than the doc:D. He has an ultrasound in his room and any time we have needed xrays they are knocked out on the spot, xrayed immediatedly and then while you are helping your dog to come round from the sedative he has the x rays up on the computer ready to explain it all.
    It would be simply magical if that happened as efficiently for humans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Fair play to you taking them all to the vet at once, mine keeps suggesting I do that but I think it'd be chaos trying to keep track of who had what injection :D

Back to work tomorrow after a lovely holiday last week and a great weekend with my little buddy. GAH!!!! Yesterday I collected him from kennels and he was in great form. Then we went to Pet Expo where he was nervous of the crowds at first and then ended up SHAMING me by weeing and pooing in a demo :eek::rolleyes: Then a brilliant walk in Kiliney Hill today where I was able to let him off pretty much the whole time and just call him back to check in because he was so good with his recall. :) YAAY very proud of him and me because our training sessions paid off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I got my new car! (well almost new);)
    Its lovely, smells nice, and is all shiny, I am in love!

Had it less than 24 hours when muddy dog jumped the back seats from the boot (I thought it was too high for him:rolleyes:) so muddy seats! So will be spending Friday (my day off) cleaning seats and fitting dog guard and seat covers.

He has been know to remove a bar from the dog guard if I am standing by car talking to someone, so he can squeeze through and sit in the drivers seat. :D

I have a mesh guard from halfords it's brilliant and it comes off really easily if you need to let the seats down etc. It attaches to the headrests so i can still use the load cover(mine is like a blind) if he's not in the car. It's pricey enough but i got it with vouchers so it was technically freeeeeee :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Thats much better than the one I have, mine fits to head rests and can be removed, or folded away, but the bars just clip in and smart arse pulls them out and sneaks over the seats. :rolleyes:
    Ok birthday in few days so know what to suggest;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement