Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

tk123 wrote: »
    My cat (RIP - 5 years in July :( ) was walking around the edge of the bath one time when I was in it...and he fell in lol!! :pac::pac:

This happened Cream before, only he decided he wanted to sit on my lap while I was in the bath, discovered there was water and freaked. Still have a scar :pac: Whereas Dude.. I sit him into the bath most days and give him a shower, he loves it! Never met a cat who likes water so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Twitch has managed to rip apart his wooden steps in his cage. Literally rip them apart so he can make his bed in there. Weirdo. I don't know why, he was perfectly happy in his fleecy hammock. He's just decided to be randomly destructive.

He could not be more different from our old hamster if he tried! So funny how they all have little different personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

A cat on a lead at Dollymount this morning! Luckily the wind was blowing towards it or the dogs would have gone mad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Both my cats are OBSESSED with cat milk, I give it to them every now and again as a treat. Shaking the little bottle before I give it to them drives them crazy for it. I went into the kitchen and got one of those little actimel drinks for myself and shook it before bringing it out with me to drink. They both ran to their bowls thinking they were getting a cat milk, The look of absolute devastation and the cries that came out of them when I didnt give them anything was hilarious. They were only just fed a few minutes ago! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

A cat on a lead at Dollymount this morning! Luckily the wind was blowing towards it or the dogs would have gone mad!!

There's a lady on my road who's been walking a white ferret (!!!) on a lead recently :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

anniehoo wrote: »
    There's a lady on my road who's been walking a white ferret (!!!) on a lead recently :eek:

I would LOVE a ferret. My gf lived in China for a year and ferrets are the classic house pet there. They bring them for walks all the time apparently!

Then again, she did have to rescue a turtle from inside a keyring. She was SO upset when she saw him. But she 'got' him and he went on to live a healthy life as a pet called Henry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I had to do a double take. I saw this little white thing on a harness and lead and couldn't get over what I was seeing. Flying along not a bother and absolutely beautiful looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I met someone last week who told me they "set free" their rabbits because they were breeding uncontrollably!
    These were from the sound of it, lion heads, that they got for a pet for their 2 year old, who quickly bred to 20+ rabbits and were left run the garden, became impossible to handle, so they just took them to some fields and let them off.
    They did this in January.

I had to walk away before I lost it, they couldn't believe you could neuter a rabbit and thought they lived a year or so like a hamster.

I really dislike people sometimes.

Oliver has broken his dew claw and won't let me look at it, I'm off now to get the clippers and scissors to try and trim away some hair to get a better look.
    It may turn into a full all over clip, he really needs one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Both my cats are OBSESSED with cat milk, I give it to them every now and again as a treat. Shaking the little bottle before I give it to them drives them crazy for it. I went into the kitchen and got one of those little actimel drinks for myself and shook it before bringing it out with me to drink. They both ran to their bowls thinking they were getting a cat milk, The look of absolute devastation and the cries that came out of them when I didnt give them anything was hilarious. They were only just fed a few minutes ago! :rolleyes:
    Mine don't like it at all. We got some for Molly our foster kitten when we had her and gave it to her once, once was enough though, it was too rich for her and she certainly had a few ripe ones:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

mymo wrote: »
    I met someone last week who told me they "set free" their rabbits because they were breeding uncontrollably!
    These were from the sound of it, lion heads, that they got for a pet for their 2 year old, who quickly bred to 20+ rabbits and were left run the garden, became impossible to handle, so they just took them to some fields and let them off.
    They did this in January.

I hope you told them in the nicest possible way that all 20+ rabbits are most certainly now dead. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

10 weeks in and I took the plunge and let "new" dog off lead on our run in the woods. Never seen him happier, 4 mile run and he never let me out of his sight and came back when I called every time. What a little star. Unfortunately older dog is still on lead... I felt bad but after 3.5 years I still wouldnt trust her as far as I'd throw her :pac: she didnt seem to mind though, happy enough to plod along beside me.

I was in MaxiZoo earlier to get some treats and to weigh the dogs...Lucy at 10 months is now only 1kg lighter than Bailey. I got him a smaller front for his harness during the week and it IS a perfect fit now lol - for him AND Lucy. :D We got lots of compliments too which is always nice - especially when they're from a dog food rep saying how great they look from being fed raw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

There was a fundraiser at the spca in Cork today so we took Poppy along to meet some other dogs because she doesn't get much opportunity, none of my friends with dogs love close enough for her to meet. We got there just in time for the walk and I'm the proudest dog-mammy in town. I expected all sorts of barking and general spazzing from her but she was the best wee girl and made friends with lots of other dogs and was perfectly behaved the entire time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Smudge and Sparkle are the same!! Meowing bad jumping around! They are scared of my dad cause he's loud and scary to them.. But he took an actimel out of the fridge one day and shook it and the 2 of them bolted over and started meowing! So funny but I felt so bad for them! The cat milk over here is weird.. It's in a carton.. It's yellow! Pepper doesn't like it and my boyfriends moms cats don't care for it either!

boomerang wrote: »
    I hope you told them in the nicest possible way that all 20+ rabbits are most certainly now dead. :mad:

I did, and a bit more too, I just couldn't believe the attitude, apparently it's what everyone does when they want to get rid of unwanted rabbits, and they're fine, rabbits live in the wild. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I don't know what kind of people they know, I don't know of anyone that would do that, I got so mad I had to walk away.

Jake came upstairs at 2am bawling, I think he wanted to be let out, and puked on my bed, then ran down the hall puking everywhere, I had to strip beds and clean up cat puke, spent an hour this morning trying to wash the quilt in the bath.

I hear ya on the cat puke. I had my watch in to be repaired and it came back without the box. I usually keep it in the box when I'm not wearing it as it's an expensive 40th birthday gift from my husband. Anyway, I've gotten into the bad habit of leaving it on the kitchen worktop. I came down the other morning and Poppy had thrown up her breakfast on a few things, including the metal strap of the watch. Not fun cleaning the vomit off that, it's all links:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Vogue is on a mice murder spree the last few weeks, there's been 7 left on the door step this week alone!

Lucy rolled in human poo (with a toilet 2 mins away :mad:) this morning, then my friend's dog stole and ATE it!!! puke puke puke

Lucy rolled in human poo (with a toilet 2 mins away :mad:) this morning, then my friend's dog stole and ATE it!!! puke puke puke
    :eek:

:eek:

I gagged!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I gagged!

Somebody needs to design a collar attachment, think something a bit like a backwards cone of shame crossed with a racing cyclists helmet to prevent the neck roll from infiltrating the fur. Hosing crap off plastic is way easier and not as 'hands on' as when it gets into the fur. :o

Somebody needs to design a collar attachment, think something a bit like a backwards cone of shame crossed with a racing cyclists helmet to prevent the neck roll from infiltrating the fur. Hosing crap off plastic is way easier and not as 'hands on' as when it gets into the fur. :o

It was on her from head to toe! Luckily we washed most of it off in the dunes and I had a bottle of water+vinegar as well as wipes in the car. Then she had a bath when we got home - she's learnt that she's supposed to jump in the bath herself now :P

I'm so worried right now, dudes back end is in bits from his scald. I think it's gotten to the stage where he will have to be anaesthetised to have it debrided :(

SingItOut wrote: »
    Vogue is on a mice murder spree the last few weeks, there's been 7 left on the door step this week alone!

I hear ya!
    Ruby made her first kill recently and has been thoroughly enjoying herself this last week. Lots of little dead baby mice, she must have found a nest, she likes to show them off and demonstrate her juggling skills.
    She presented my daughter with one on her laptop!
    Only time she's voluntarily cleaned her laptop!

@sillymangox, poor Dude, does he like water enough to wash him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

My 16 year old dog was a litter of 6 puppies. His last remaining sibling was put to sleep this evening :( He's in flying form, but brings it home, that he's on borrowed time now...

1 night last year we woke up to the unmistakable sound of 1 of our cats playing with prey in the hall. It was Jazzy, as usual, with a mouse. By the time my husband had gotten it off him and released it he'd already killed another.
    He finds them in nearby fields and brings them home. I've never known a cat like him for hunting. I think it was his feral beginning in life. He used to occassionally kill birds and we'd only find the remains of a wing or a leg so he must've been eating them.

mymo wrote: »

@sillymangox, poor Dude, does he like water enough to wash him?

He loves water, gets a bath nearly every second day since all this started but it hasn't been enough to help, I'm just lucky he has an antibiotic in his system already or else I'd imagine he would be very sick from this considering the smell coming off it!

aonb wrote: »
    My 16 year old dog was a litter of 6 puppies. His last remaining sibling was put to sleep this evening :( He's in flying form, but brings it home, that he's on borrowed time now...

My partners dog (a pomXterrier) is going on 20 years old next month so you may have many years left :) her only problem is all her food has to be mashed (she has four teeth left!) and needs to be lifted onto the furniture but has no health problems

1 night last year we woke up to the unmistakable sound of 1 of our cats playing with prey in the hall. It was Jazzy, as usual, with a mouse. By the time my husband had gotten it off him and released it he'd already killed another.
    He finds them in nearby fields and brings them home. I've never known a cat like him for hunting. I think it was his feral beginning in life. He used to occassionally kill birds and we'd only find the remains of a wing or a leg so he must've been eating them.

It's for that reason I don't let the cats have access to outdoors at night, I'm not scared of mice but I definitely don't want them or rats brought into the house! Vogue was living rough for a while before I found her so it's natural to her really. She had a dead baby bird on the lawn this morning which did annoy me but that's the joys of having a cat I suppose :( our lazy fat ginger cat Beau never catches anything ha!

• Advertisement

It's for that reason I don't let the cats have access to outdoors at night, I'm not scared of mice but I definitely don't want them or rats brought into the house! Vogue was living rough for a while before I found her so it's natural to her really. She had a dead baby bird on the lawn this morning which did annoy me but that's the joys of having a cat I suppose :( our lazy fat ginger cat Beau never catches anything ha!
    I wish I could keep them in at night but Jazzy absolutely panics himself sick if we lock the catflap. He had 2 teeth removed a month or so ago and we put him in the safe room with the door shut. He dug so much to be let out that he actually put a large hole in the carpet inside the door.

Thankfully there's only been 1 rat. I looked out the open back door once and Felix was standing in the garden looking at me with a large wriggling one in his mouth:eek: Felix is a bit of a Forest Gump chap and almost seemed oblivious to it, he wouldn't have killed it, if Jazzy was around I'd have gladly let him kill it. My husband got it off him and it escaped. I hate the things.

There was a lot of construction work going on nearby so I'd say that's where it came from.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement