Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Has anybody here dealt with the canine country club and found them hard to get in touch with. I've emailed, sent a web enquiry and left a message. Are they still open and operating?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is it for hydro? They're def still operating because my friend was only there at the weekend. The hydro has it's own FB (Canine Rehab) so you might have better luck with them? https://www.facebook.com/canine.rehab.9?fref=ts

Oh yeah I messaged there too. Hopefully they will get back to me. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I love watching our 4 basking in the sun, but I hate the fact that the flies are back already. At least that's 1 great thing about Winter, no flies landing on food bowls. Our kitchen and hall floors are lino covered concrete, so they're really chilly to walk on, but the cats love it. They'll bake themselves in the sun then come in and lay on the cool floor for a bit before going back out. I can't take much sun.

Whispered wrote: »
    Oh yeah I messaged there too. Hopefully they will get back to me. Thanks :)

At this stage I've sent two emails, Facebook message and a voicemail. I'm going to have to give up I think. :(

• Advertisement

Well Lucy's days of sitting in her sun lounger are over! She caught her leg in it earlier and got a bad fright and bit my poor bro when he went to free her and Bailey and my mum got a bad fright too. Going to get another hi-k9 - they're expensive but cheaper than vets fees!

Poor Lucy. Was she hurt?

Whispered wrote: »
    Poor Lucy. Was she hurt?

No she was fine thank god! I was only saying the other day that she was getting of big to sit on it and it might fold down on her. New outside bed ordered yesterday evening.

I finally found a furball remedy that Poppy will eat. We tried a few things but she just wouldn't eat them and she was getting freaked out and running from us when we were putting the Defurrum on her paw to get her to wash it off. She'd eat a bit of butter but that wasn't a healthy long term option.

We got some of the Gimpet soft malt paste and she loves it:) I mistakenly ordered the dog version of the RC Calm. I nearly had a breakdown yesterday when I opened the box to find the dog one. We've gotten so used to calm cats doing normal cat things(is there such a thing as a normal cat?)

I had to order a 2kg bag today as I've emailed Zooplus yesterday and today for a Return Order number to exchange it but they haven't got back to me. What with the bank holiday weekend on top of the wait of them receiving it and then shipping an exchange the cats would probably have gone back to the bad old ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Sitting outside a shop watching a man with two small kids and 3 bouncy jack russells cross a very very busy roundabout. They have a dog each and both children are getting dragged along barely able to hold the lead while the man is walking ahead not even watching them while crossing over two lanes of busy dual carriageway traffic. Some people don't deserve kids nevermind dogs.

• Advertisement

Oooooops!!! I got distracted on the laptop while the dogs were playing - look up and they're playing tug with my mums sock!! It's 3 times the length it should be lol!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Am so upset :( My foster dog who I was to get this evening (only surrendered to the pound today) and is in bits god love him, escaped from the guy who was to transport him to me this evening. Spent an hour looking for him and eventually found him in Huntstown Dublin 15. Couldn't catch him. He's 10kg underweight and so soooo scared.He's only 2 but looks so much older.

Have come home because we lost sight of him.

Can anyone who sees this guy pleeeeease contact me or see my post in the D15 forum and share on facebook if you like this rescue.I really hope it's not bad news for this guy tomorrow he's had an awful time.

oib28i.jpg

I work in Ballycoolin so will keep an eye out - dogs often stroll past our window!

We had a tabby visitor in the back garden last night. I think Poppy made a new friend. The light sensor went off a minute after she came in, so I looked out the window to see what set it off. A stocky young looking tabby sneaked out from under the shed door and had a good snoop around. I think he's from the same house as the other tabby visitor we used to have. Thankfully Poppy is neutered:)

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

So after months of considering whether or not to buy a dog clippers I finally did yesterday. Ollie has these awful "bloomers" on his rear end and back legs that just look so untidy and I wanted to try tidy it up. The plan was for today to just get used to using it and to do his hairy little feet but I got a bit carried away. He now looks like that poor collie from the Specsavers ad that got sheared by the half blind farmer :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

A new lesson learned today that I should have already known... never leave out fish, unguarded, for good friday dinner with 3 cats in the house. Oh dear god the carnage!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well, just back from the vets with Rusty. he's very anemic so she took bloods. she thinks it could be a kidney problem as collies are prone to them, otherwise it could be something more sinister :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Angeldaisy, fingers and paws crossed here for Rusty. You must be very worried but hopefully the vet will have some definite answers next week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well we got some results back and it's not looking good. his kidneys are fine which suggest something else is causing the anaemia. we have to get more bloods done Tuesday to be sent to Cork so we'll know more wed or Thurs.

She told us to prepare for the worst though. very upset, he's been my baby for nearly 12 years:(

So sorry to hear that Angeldaisy. I know there's nothing I can say that'll make it any easier:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

1 night last year we woke up to the unmistakable sound of 1 of our cats playing with prey in the hall. It was Jazzy, as usual, with a mouse. By the time my husband had gotten it off him and released it he'd already killed another.
    He finds them in nearby fields and brings them home. I've never known a cat like him for hunting. I think it was his feral beginning in life. He used to occassionally kill birds and we'd only find the remains of a wing or a leg so. he must've been eating them.

one of my cats used to eat the middle part of birds, leaving head and spine and tail etc. useful for id..

also found where voles nested and would lie in wait for them to emerge. sometimes he would bring them in alive and they would hide under the settee..

my prsent two are more discreet but i sometimes find scattered wing feathers.

found a dead siskin last year but it was undamaged

A new lesson learned today that I should have already known... never leave out fish, unguarded, for good friday dinner with 3 cats in the house. Oh dear god the carnage!!

here it is cake i cannot leave unattended...my bigger cat has a sweet tooth and is omnivorous..was making stuffed eggs, with mayonnaise , one day and through the window came this big silent paw...eats the strangest things, and yes he is big
    scuse typing,,, dratted broken wrist is more painful three weeks on than when it was first done. dreading fracture clinic next week in case they say more surgery.

I cooked a turkey crown yesterday and our 4 where doing a little dance of anticipation to get at it while my husband carved it. Did they like it warm? Not a chance, it has to be cold from the fridge before they'll eat it:rolleyes: It's amazing how much meat is on a crown. I got the frozen one from Lidl for 10.99 and there's a big container of it in the fridge now.

I don't eat meat so my husband and cats are going to be eating turkey for some time:D

I cooked a turkey crown yesterday and our 4 where doing a little dance of anticipation to get at it while my husband carved it. Did they like it warm? Not a chance, it has to be cold from the fridge before they'll eat it:rolleyes: It's amazing how much meat is on a crown. I got the frozen one from Lidl for 10.99 and there's a big container of it in the fridge now.

I don't eat meat so my husband and cats are going to be eating turkey for some time:D

i feed raw when i can and hate not being able to. early morning sees me trying to cut up a raw chicken with one hand..so i cover it with a cloth, lean on it and hack..

managed to get legs and wings and breast meat off, then gave up and decided to give the meaty carcase to the cats...they looked awesome, licking first like lions do...dogs got the legs..

wee dog just sounded her..there's someone coming ..bark...no one, then i hear a familiar shrill wail. the feral is back...feed me, feed me.. looks a little battered and has lost weight.but is chomping his way through a large bowl of food by his bed.

got a frozen turkey from dunnes for e9 but it will stay in the freezer until the wrist is back in action...getting fed up now after three weeks. one of lifes joys is seeing collie working on a raw turkey back...bottom in the air, front paws holding the meat down...she was half starved her first five years. makes up for it now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Graces7 wrote: »
    the feral is back...feed me, feed me.. looks a little battered and has lost weight.but is chomping his way through a large bowl of food by his bed.

He's probably been off chasing the ladies and has had a few rows with competing toms... Plus they don't think about food much when there are females in season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I was skyping with my mum in New Zealand this morning and she was telling me her local vet is neutering male cats free of charge. Think it's so great :-D

boomerang wrote: »
    He's probably been off chasing the ladies and has had a few rows with competing toms... Plus they don't think about food much when there are females in season.

yeah off on the razzle. it was just a pit stop. when i went to take him some chicken, just an empty bowl licked clean. there he was, gone again. at least he has some fuel now. that was a huge feed!

I was skyping with my mum in New Zealand this morning and she was telling me her local vet is neutering male cats free of charge. Think it's so great :-D

lived on an offshore island and when a vet was on holiday there they rounded up stray males and one lady let him him use her garden shed. it is wonderful to see this kind of giving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Have Moone booked in to be spayed on Thursday, my nerves will be shot with her! She's never spent any time away from home. She doesn't do well with injections so good luck to the poor vet! All my other pets, aside from the chinchilla, have been neutered and I know she'll be fine too but she's my baby :( I swear every day I look at her she seems to be shrinking in size :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement