Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

tk123 wrote: »
    The dogs were back in the park this morning and allowed to swim after 2 weeks... I go to record them diving in...then Lucy hunkers down....and POOS in the river!! :eek:

Bet you had fun trying to pick that one up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bet you had fun trying to pick that one up :P

it floated away lol! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

We found a battered up baseball in the baseball field when we were walking the boys... first time ever we got them to chase a ball, one time my boy was running around with it in his mouth. Delighted!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Guys got stung in the hand several times by a wasp at 1:30 :( - OMFG the pain and it's taken until now to stop stinging!! No wonder the dogs are in a state when it happens to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Bless her little cotton socks, but Poppy is not the sort of cat who quietly snuggles up with you in bed. I've got a bit of a virus so went back to bed for a couple of hours and up she came to climb all over me and meow, of course once she'd woken me up she settled down for a nap. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

nala2012 wrote: »
    Collecting 2 ex breeding cavalier girls and bringing them to their foster in kildare tomorrow. Was going to dublin airport anyway to collect my sister so when i saw group was looking for transport i volunteered. Totally didn't think it through though and am nervous now about how journey will go seeing as they've prob never been in a car before and it's a 2 hour journey! Anyone have any tips other than bringing towels and asking their owner not to feed them in the morning?

So i met the breeder at his house. I've never seen anything like it. He had about 15 cavaliers in different runs. He was saying to me he had too many dogs and needed to get rid of 2 of his older girls and then showed me a little ruby girl that he'd just bought and pointed out two other small guys who were in a run together and he said he hoped they'd have pups soon :( what is wrong with people? He was talking to me like he was doing nothing wrong.... he brought out allie and sissy then and i asked him if he'd have any info on them he said he had page for me. I asked if they'd ever been in a car and he said they'd never left his yard! I just had to leave before i punched him in the face. I drove up the road and pulled over to see if they'd go to the toilet. It was obvious they had never been on lead so after small walk i put them back in the car. They were so good and didn't cry or toilet in the car. One is very shy while other was typical cav and wanted to be pet all the time. So sad to think that tonights first time in their lives they've been in a nice warm bed inside a home and are being loved. Oh ya all that was on the page he gave me was their names and said which one had more white on their face!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

It's really frustrating Nala, isn't it? On the one hand, he is churning out pups from dogs living a pretty miserable existence, with no attempt to try to help the breed's many health problems, and presumably making a nice few quid from it.
    But on the other hand, at least he's prepared to hand his "finished" dogs over to rescue to give them a chance of a better life. There are plenty of puppy farmers who don't bother.
    What do you do? You'd love to give them a right good piece of your mind, but if you do, those little dogs wouldn't ever get out of where they are. I've taken many a dog from a puppy farmer, the only rule I have is that I will not give them any money for the dogs I take.
    It's a tough ethical dilemma. There probably isn't a right answer :(

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

DBB wrote: »
    It's really frustrating Nala, isn't it? On the one hand, he is churning out pups from dogs living a pretty miserable existence, with no attempt to try to help the breed's many health problems, and presumably making a nice few quid from it.
    But on the other hand, at least he's prepared to hand his "finished" dogs over to rescue to give them a chance of a better life. There are plenty of puppy farmers who don't bother.
    What do you do? You'd love to give them a right good piece of your mind, but if you do, those little dogs wouldn't ever get out of where they are. I've taken many a dog from a puppy farmer, the only rule I have is that I will not give them any money for the dogs I take.
    It's a tough ethical dilemma. There probably isn't a right answer :(

My sister was with me and she was asking why i didn't give out to him, it was vrry hard but like you said you can't risk upsetting him because god know what would happen to the poor dogs then. I can't understand how he doesn't see anything wrong with what he's doing. Only positive was that all the dogs looked healthy and clean. Strange thing was he had one older female cavalier living in the house who he said was just a pet!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

It's 2am & I got woken up by Pepper meowing urgently! I got up and she had "caught" a toy ball! Thanks Pep! Usually it's a toy mouse, the odd time one of her toy springs! We've had her since she was 4 months old and she's an indoor cat, she acts the exact same as the cats at home when they've brought me a dead mouse or bird!

I've got a virus, like a bad cold and dizzy spells but Toby is minding me. He's loving me going back to bed at unusual times of the day and comes up to keep me company. He's gradually moving further up the bed to me, he always used to sleep at the bottom of the bed. Of course he attacked Mr P's feet again as soon as he lay down. I don't think he likes sharing the bed:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Just washed Alli to have her ready for the dog show tomorrow, all going great until I accidentally stabbed her nose with my finger nail when giving her a treat :( she now has a scab on her pink nose, typical :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Just weighed the cats! Ebony was 7.5lbs when we got her! 4 weeks ago! She's now 8.2lbs and her fur is so sleek and soft. The 1st week here she wolfed down her food and now she grazes, really happy :):) think she's doin good with us!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Well we're dog sitting again, thankfully only 24hrs this time.
    Tara is having none of poor mitzy in the house, okay outside fortunately. Mitzy who's only about 3 months is going through a licky phase and is constantly trying to lick Tara's face, which she hates. Thank goodness for crates!

On a downside, Tara, whilst we popped round to get the dogs, decided to throw a strop. She ate my remaining jaffa cakes, destroyed a box of tissues and was just getting started on the boxes we had for recycling!
    Not done anything like that in a while!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Alli's nose didn't effect her, she won first prize plus 15kg bag of food for best small non pure bred dog , proud of her :D she was on her best behaviour, had a few dogs snapping at her and she ignored them. She of course thought everybody wanted to say hi to her

Well done Alli!! :D

Bailey is now fasting for his visit to UCD tomorrow...There'll be MURDER at breakfast time tomorrow morning lol!! :p I'll have to starve poor Lucy now until after we've left! Trying not to google and stress out about what they could find and what could be ahead. I'd managed to get my reflux under control the last few months after the best part of a year and tests/scopes in hospital...the last 2 weeks it's come back from stressing out! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭muddypaws

nala2012 wrote: »
    So i met the breeder at his house. I've never seen anything like it. He had about 15 cavaliers in different runs. He was saying to me he had too many dogs and needed to get rid of 2 of his older girls and then showed me a little ruby girl that he'd just bought and pointed out two other small guys who were in a run together and he said he hoped they'd have pups soon :( what is wrong with people? He was talking to me like he was doing nothing wrong.... he brought out allie and sissy then and i asked him if he'd have any info on them he said he had page for me. I asked if they'd ever been in a car and he said they'd never left his yard! I just had to leave before i punched him in the face. I drove up the road and pulled over to see if they'd go to the toilet. It was obvious they had never been on lead so after small walk i put them back in the car. They were so good and didn't cry or toilet in the car. One is very shy while other was typical cav and wanted to be pet all the time. So sad to think that tonights first time in their lives they've been in a nice warm bed inside a home and are being loved. Oh ya all that was on the page he gave me was their names and said which one had more white on their face!

I took 11 huskies off a puppy farmer a few years ago and I just wanted to punch him in the face. One little girl in particular, he yanked her out of his trailer, and threw her upside down into the crate in the back of my van. He was meeting other rescues after me though, to give them other dogs, so I had to be polite and keep my mouth shut, for the sake of the dogs. Scumbag.

They were all petrified, but are now in fantastic homes, except one poor girl who escaped from her adoptive family and was run over, she was too scared, even after being with them for months to go near them when they were trying to catch her.

I've been looking after the ferals on the farm across the road for the last week while the owners are away, 4 beautiful sleek jet black kitties, they are absolutely gorgeous but just terrified of humans. Unfortunately though one of them has taken to following me back home and its really freaking out my cats. It sneaked into the house a few times and obviously the smell is still lingering because my 3 are just extremely skittish. I had Dude in my lap this evening and he started to slip so I went to try and fix him up and he completely flipped and absolutely massacred my arms because he just freaked out :(

Had Dude in the vets this eve to get some steroids as his skin is very itchy from the heat, and of course had to go into the back to see the strays. There was the most beautiful tuxido kitten and a little collie pup. Oh I wanted to bring them home so badly! :( But if any boardsies are looking for a kitten or a pup, they are available :P

Had Dude in the vets this eve to get some steroids as his skin is very itchy from the heat, and of course had to go into the back to see the strays. There was the most beautiful tuxido kitten and a little collie pup. Oh I wanted to bring them home so badly! :( But if any boardsies are looking for a kitten or a pup, they are available :P

Is that the little black and white collie on Facebook ??

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Is that the little black and white collie on Facebook ??

Yep! So friendly and sweet :D

• Advertisement

Awww poor Lucy was crying all day for her big bro! :( My mum said she kept going over and sniffing his harness. She's settled now since I came home - snuggled into the blanket out of Bailey's bed.

Yep! So friendly and sweet :D

Very tempted, but there seems to be some interest so fingers crossed either way

Very tempted, but there seems to be some interest so fingers crossed either way

I do love the collies and collie X's, there's just something so special about them. We had 2 growing up and they're just little love bugs. I'd love one but Mr P isn't really a dog person, but a girl can dream, maybe one day.

Felix is being a total git and wrecking my head harassing Toby and Jazzy. I've noticed he's been at his ear a bit lately so I'm going to book him in for Wednesday for a checkup in case the polyp is active again. I've noticed he tends to get agressive when his ear is at him. Poor guy:(

Well I'm off to visit the little collie girl,who's looking for a home, this evening.

Am equally excited and nervous at the same time!
    Bringing my son, so hopefully they'll bond!

Well I'm off to visit the little collie girl,who's looking for a home, this evening.

Am equally excited and nervous at the same time!
    Bringing my son, so hopefully they'll bond!

You won't be able to walk away without her :P

I've got Felix booked in to have his ear checked in the morning, really hoping that the polyp isn't acting up again. I've said it a million times at this point, but I wish I could have at whoever left him with a polyp in his ear for so long that it grew down through his eardrum. The vet will never be able to get the root and there's a permanent hole in the membrane.

You won't be able to walk away without her :P

Yep!! She's now playing outside with Tara and maisie (a friend's doggie)!!

Yep!! She's now playing outside with Tara and maisie (a friend's doggie)!!

Knew it! :P Congrats on the new addition, stick up a few pics of her :D

• Advertisement

She's hard to take a photo of!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement