Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

We were away for a week and cats and dogs went to kennels/cattery, but kittens stayed home and daughters friend came in to feed and play with them.
    They were really well looked after (fat bellies to prove it), and grey fluffy girl was lying on my bed beside me when I woke up yesterday!
    I reached out and rubbed her and she stretched out and purred!
    Delighted she finally purred, but she's still hiding or running away if we approach her, although she has approached us for a nosey, but runs away again.
    She is now fine with our dogs and cats, which is great as she's going to a home with both, we just need to get her a bit more friendly now.
    No interest in the silver tabby girl yet :( and she's such a cuddle monster.
    Off to wash and trim dogs now, this will be fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I never have my phone with me when the cats are in their cutest poses. I just use the camera on my phone usually but I forgot it earlier and Felix was in the new cat bed on the guest bed while Jazzy was asleep on his fleece blanket next to the cat bed. I left the bed there for him and he's ignored it since I put it there on Wednesday.

Felix went in there for the first time today, spotted the basket and in he popped. We don't often see the 2 of them that close. Usually they sleep at either end of one of the sofas when we go to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

It's quite an unpleasant experience when you notice the first see signs of old age in, what will always be, your puppy. My choco lab has started to slow down a lot now that he's nine and no longer scoffs his food down every day like he's never been fed before. At least he's still like a giant bouncy ball whenever you mention the word "walk".

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Aghhhh, just let Elly out for her wees, does one gets loads of fuss and a treat. Walk back in side. Turn round and she's doing another wee on the kitchen floor.... Frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Aghhhh, just let Elly out for her wees, does one gets loads of fuss and a treat. Walk back in side. Turn round and she's doing another wee on the kitchen floor.... Frustrating!

Out with the bio washing powder solution. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

tk123 wrote: »

I've got an old dog who I think is just a bit confused, she will go and do a wee on the kitchen floor, with the back door wide open, when I say her name, she almost snaps out of a 'zone' and then goes outside. I have washed the area with bio washing powder, doggy disinfectant, odour reduction stuff, nothing works :(

So today I have entered my first (and probably only ever) proper dog show, am excited as there will be lots of people there to hang out with, but also just a wee bit nervous, as its a champ show and will be busy. But, if I can keep Riley awake enough to go around the ring, I'm sure we'll have fun, he is the most laid back dog I've ever met.

thank god I've no carpets - funnily enough she doesn't go in the same place each time!

It's raining HOURS!!! Don't want to go out in it! At best I'll stand under a tree in the park while the dogs potter around the field - in their raincoats lol!!:p

Our cats are definitely going back to their Autumn/Winter snoozing places in the house. Felix has nabbed the new fleece bed next to Jazzy on the spare bed:confused:, not sure how thrilled Jazzy is to be spending so much time with Felix that close to him. :D Poppy is spending a lot of time on our bed and I think Toby would spend all night on our bed, if Felix would stop coming into our room and doing his aggressive head rubbing thing, in protest at Toby being on our bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

When I get home from work I come around the back and come in that door so the dogs can go straight out the back and say hi/get zoomies/do their business. Came home today, about an hour later than normal thanks to some work drama, to two very excited dogs. Poppy hates the rain and refused to come out to say hi and was standing with her paws on the verrrrrry edge of the door frame whining because she just couldn't come outside :pac:

She really could learn a thing or two from her baby sister, Roisin is mad for the rain!

• Advertisement

Well we put on our raincoats and went to the park and they had a good run around - at one stage Bailey jumped over Lucy lol!! :p Then they the ends of a loooong stick and went running away with it...on either side of my friend who had her back to them lol!:eek: Luckily it was cracked so it just bent as she jumped out of the way - I think they would have sent her flying otherwise! :p Then UPS* delivered and we went home ;)

*United Poo Service :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

For the first time in a good while my pair did not indicate that they wanted to go out for their walk. They normally make it very clear after dinner that it's "their time" but tonight nothing, they came looking for their dinner early and then got into their beds, not a chance in hell they were going out in that weather! We reluctantly agreed with them! :D

Elly is showing her intelligence already! She has already worked out how to negotiate the stair gate (she can squeeze through!) and has now worked out how to jump over the child gate in the hall!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Oh sweet jesus, I went to town for about 2 hours this morning to pick up a few bits for a christening I'm going to on the weekend and I came home to find the dogs had pulled the carpet of the stairs :(:(:(

Oh sweet jesus, I went to town for about 2 hours this morning to pick up a few bits for a christening I'm going to on the weekend and I came home to find the dogs had pulled the carpet of the stairs :(:(:(

I'm getting the carpets cleaned in a few weeks and am hoping it won't mean the cats will start spraying things to put their scent back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

positive thoughts needed this way please :( got home from work today and umi was acting very very strangely. was walking weird and had her tongue hanging out among other things, Rushed her to the emergency vet and she is being kept in over night. Have just cried non stop since I got home

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

positive thoughts needed this way please :( got home from work today and umi was acting very very strangely. was walking weird and had her tongue hanging out among other things, Rushed her to the emergency vet and she is being kept in over night. Have just cried non stop since I got home

Loads of positive thoughts from here! Fingers crossed all will be ok.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Oh god, that's really frightening :(
    Will keep everything crossed for Umi and for you. Try not to stay too upset, though I know that's easier said than done. She's in the right place now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Going to pick up two more cavaliers from the same back yard breeder i transported 2 girls from couple weeks ago. This time it's a male and female.

Oh god hope Umi is ok!! Back to ucd tomorrow with Bailey :(

• Advertisement

getting a phone call in the morning with an update so fingers crossed it's good news and she can come home tomorrow evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

getting a phone call in the morning with an update so fingers crossed it's good news and she can come home tomorrow evening!

Hope everything turns out okay! Fingers crossed

Hope you get good news about Umi. Getting ready to head off now with Bailey!

I rang there cause I couldn't wait without news and Vet nurse said she's doing okay but Vet hasn't had a chance to properly examine and call me yet thanks to an emergency this morning so awaiting a call! Fingers crossed for Bailey :) I'm sure you're as stressed out as I am haha!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Good luck Bailey!
    We're all rootin' for you here :)

Kept in for op tomorrow! They left his thundershirt on him to help him settle. Glad I put it on him this morning because it did help him relax. He didn't need to be muzzled when they were examining him/taking his temp and he started to relax more when I handed over a tray of nature diet and bag of zukes for him - I'd fasted him to be safe.

Any updates on our furry inpatients today? Fingers crossed.

I'm sure you're as stressed out as I am haha!

Even when I don't think I'm thinking about it...I am! 3 weeks ago we were waiting for the initial lab results so stress since then.

Hope you get good news!

Honestly, sometimes I feel like I have 4 kids not 4 cats. Poppy is being a tramp and harassing Felix, she went for him in his basket and scratched his nose this morning for no reason:mad: He's in a weird meepy mood today now and I need to go shopping. I'm waiting for him to settle down and go to sleep so I can go out without worrying about coming home to a war zone if he decides to vent his annoyance on Toby.

• Advertisement

Not good news but not bad either. She's improved but she's still not back to normal. And they still have no clue what's wrong with her. She's getting more tests done and she's spending another night at the Vets :( the house isn't the same without her

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement