Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

These are two more cavaliers i collected from puppy farmer this morning. Poor babies couldn't have been sweeter. They were so happy to be on their first ever walk and in the house! The brown white is a 6 yr old male and the other is an 8 year old female. Tried to get him to give up some more but he wouldn't. So depressing thinking that the other dogs he has won't get to leave untill they are too old to breed from and of no use to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I met a guy once who would "breed anything that moved". He had nearly 100 dogs at one stage and claimed to not be a puppy farmer. Never met such a little ass in my life. >:(

Whispered wrote: »
    I met a guy once who would "breed anything that moved". He had nearly 100 dogs at one stage and claimed to not be a puppy farmer. Never met such a little ass in my life. >:(

This guy told the rescue that he'd only have 4 bitches and 2 dogs left after this but i counted ten who were in pens and he has a big shed so god knows how many are in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Today is Cocos 7th Birthday :)

We brought her home on the 5th of November 2007 and have loved every minute since, her very first cuddle on himselfs lap was in my sisters house on the way home...

1qpqXKKl.jpg

Nearly 7 years on and she still gets up on his left side and throws her leg over so he can hold it!

VDPswSAl.jpg

Coincidentally, Benson came home from rescue on Cocos 4th Birthday, so he's home 3 years today :)

zmOU2ldl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Happy birthday and home day to Coco and Benson! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Today is Cocos 7th Birthday :)

Happy birthday Coco! She shares a birthday with Henry - he was 3 yesterday! He came home on November 28th at almost exactly 3 months old.

He was overwhelmed and scared at first:

320085.jpg

That's worn off since. :)

320086.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

nala2012 wrote: »
    This guy told the rescue that he'd only have 4 bitches and 2 dogs left after this but i counted ten who were in pens and he has a big shed so god knows how many are in there.

Christ, the message just isn't getting through to the public. If people stopped buying dogs the market wouldn't exist for these puppy farmers. It'll only get worse in the coming months with the Christmas market. It was only a couple of years ago that I saw a couple with their child buying a pup out of the back of a van outside Lidl. It was obvious that the guy arranged to meet them there and couldn't have seemed any dodgier.

He was telling them to feed the pup bread and milk when they asked him what to feed the pup:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

Happy birthday Coco! She shares a birthday with Henry - he was 3 yesterday! He came home on November 28th at almost exactly 3 months old.

Happy Birthday, Henry! Bandy came home about the same time, he will be 3 in a month. Maybe that's why they're buddies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Some positive news from the Vets today.she Said she took umi out and she could walk OK. Still not 100% but she said what was wrong with her seems to be working it's way out of her. Waiting on a load more test results today too :)

Well thanks to my spy ;) I'm relieved to say Bailey is fine so far and charming everyone... so we might have to change his name to Oscar after his performance in the waiting room/when I left him behind lol!!!:p

34y48e1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

The dogs are on full guard dog duty..... There are some really scary leaves out there and apparently they need to bark their heads off to protect me!!!

Thank heavens we've no immediate neighbours!!!

I'm having a bit of a problem with Poppy. She's decided that she doesn't want the other cats going upstairs, obviously they all need to go wherever they want in the house, but she's causing problems. Since I put the new basket on the bed in the spare room last week Felix has been spending a lot of time in it.

Poppy rarely went in that room and Jazzy spends most of his time sleeping on that bed. Over the past few days I've noticed that she's attacking Felix in the basket. I've no idea why, he never bothers her. His nose is in bits so it must be happening when I'm not around too. I don't understand why she's getting out of her basket to go after him in another room and attack him. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

ACD wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, Henry! Bandy came home about the same time, he will be 3 in a month. Maybe that's why they're buddies :D

You'll have to post his before and after photos next month! I bet he was a gorgeous puppy. :)

I saw the most peculiar thing yesterday morning. Toby wasn't on his armchair when I came down at 5am so I looked in the front garden and heard him chatting to me as he sauntered up the street. Felix was on the garden wall so I opened the gate for Toby so he could run in past him. At first I thought it was a leaf behind Toby, until I realised there was a very large mouse trotting up the street behind him. :confused::eek:

Toby seemed oblivious then turned around to see what I was looking at. The mouse dashed into the grass while Toby meeped at it and Felix went for it. Toby came in for breakfast while Mr P rescued the mouse from Felix's mouth and put it in an overgrown garden of an empty house further up the street. Never saw a mouse follow a cat before. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

nala2012 wrote: »

Jesus h Christ that is the MOST depressing thing I've read all month. Well done you for not beating about the head with a dog lead!!!

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Jesus h Christ that is the MOST depressing thing I've read all month. Well done you for not beating about the head with a dog lead!!!

It's a tough one... have to keep him on side to get the rest of the dogs. Love seeing updates on the four that are safe. They seem so happy though they obviously are also worried cos they don't want to leave their foster homes! Shows how great dogs are though when they've been used all their lives and all they do is trust and love anyone who will give show them any care and attention. They'd never been outside of their pens or on lead before but totally trusted me and though scared they were really loving. Actually cry thinking about the other ones left behind :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Our evening walks are becoming longer as our two have discovered dog level blackberries! Having said that just made some delicious jam with the ones I picked at our level.

Pretzill wrote: »
    Our evening walks are becoming longer as our two have discovered dog level blackberries! Having said that just made some delicious jam with the ones I picked at our level.

I had a heart attack here a few years ago, harley came in from the back with his chest covered in red gloop. I thought he had killed the cat. Nope he was getting up on his back legs at the raspberry bush trying to get the sweet berries at the top and was squashing the lower down ones while he was at it. :rolleyes:

Bailey ran to the door earlier when I was taking Lucy out to meet my friend in the park so took him along with us - leaving his "doughnut" on :P He was delighted with himself and fast asleep now so might chance him again in the morning where everyone will be there to make a fuss of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sezyboo

I have two four month old kittens. Today was the first time I hoovered since I got them. We had been putting it on for a little bit but the flat was really in need of a hoovering so I went for it and then gave some some treats after for being good. They were not too impressed but also did not scare them thank god.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Whispered wrote: »
    I had a heart attack here a few years ago, harley came in from the back with his chest covered in red gloop. I thought he had killed the cat. Nope he was getting up on his back legs at the raspberry bush trying to get the sweet berries at the top and was squashing the lower down ones while he was at it. :rolleyes:

The big ham! Sounds like something Archie would do, the eternal quest for a bit of extra grub, cos you know, he barely gets fed here and he's wasting away....

The blackberries haven't come out fully yet round here, I'm dying for a bit of blackberry crumble!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Pretzill wrote: »

My entire back yard is lined with blackberry bushes! Been here 2 years and had no idea until I caught Roisin on her hind legs munching away and went to investigate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

My entire back yard is lined with blackberry bushes! Been here 2 years and had no idea until I caught Roisin on her hind legs munching away and went to investigate

They know what's good for them - full of antioxidants. All my dogs have partaken as the hedgerows around here are heaving. But my girl is very choicy and would only pick the juicy black ones - any that had a touch of mildew are sniffed at and she moves on. That said my puppy boy has a keen interest in domestic fruit and ate raspberries, strawberries and gooseberries this year all the time I was blaming the blackbirds until he took it to another level and was gently pulling up the carrots too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have to fence off my peas or my two eat them all!
    No damage to plants, just pick off the pods.
    They have also stolen carrots and Oliver has taken baby spinach and salad crops, was going to try broccoli but he loves that.

Felix was fast asleep on the sofa during the X factor auditions, until some girl started singing and he jumped up thinking it was another cat shrieking. :D She got through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

My neighbours found a cat during the week, rang me, she's a lovely thing, an older girl, took her to the vet, no chip. There's marks from having a collar on and she's so friendly.
    Couldn't leave her out in that weather so brought her in, wormed her, flea'd her, and spammed every animal group on facebook, vets etc. Nobody has contacted me.
    My two cats are miserable, my mother won't talk to me and I'm so stressed. I have the strange cat locked in the living room so she's crying because she's lonely. This is awful, I was just trying to do a good deed, and now I'm going to have to dump her back outside. She must be so confused. I feel so ****e

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Woken at 630 by Elly wanting to go out. Got up let them both out. Let them back in, go to make their breakfast and she pees on the floor!

They've now spent the 15 mins playing outside, and I just checked on them as they were quiet. They are in the process of either planning a great escape or digging a tunnel to Australia!!!

Good job I don't have a posh garden!

We went visiting my sister and her partner for a few hours last night and brought Phoe. I went to pick up a takeaway and came back to photographic evidence of my little man being very cheeky. Climbing and jumping and wrestling. Little brat. As soon as I turn my back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Off to tipperary for a christening and will be gone for the night so we put the dogs in a kennel this morning.
    Poppy loves everyone, but roisin isn't the best with strangers and even one of our regular visitors still gets barked at suspiciously for the duration of his visits, so I was really worried how she would react to the owner.
    Little madam trotted off with him without a second glance back at either myself or my OH. Least I'll be a lot less worried for them tonight!

• Advertisement

Toby was rolling around beside me showing me his tummy and stretching his paws out to me. Like a fool I rubbed his tummy. School girl error that one, but it was like a magnetic pull. I got myself a nipped elbow, not sure who was more shocked that he nipped me, me or him. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement