Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ruby and the kitten are suddenly great friends, racing around the house chasing, leaping from sofa to sofa....
    At 3 am, 5am and again now, I'm on the sofa and I've been kicked in the head 3 times now.

Daughter has nicknamed them gandalf (grey fluffy kitten) and the balrog (Ruby cos she's mostly black and ginger with white bits) because of their battles.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Hubby wasn't best pleased this morning when he found out that the yummy chicken casserole wasn't his Sunday dinner, but the dogs food for the next 2 weeks! Cost me 6 euro and there's enough to feed my two dogs for almost 10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Thanks borderlinemeath :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I got to meet our new cat yesterday!!! She's reserved for us until we move into our new house and she is just SO PERFECT I want her in the house now!! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Exhausted this morning. Felix decided that today is a harass Toby day so he started howling at him while he was asleep on the armchair at 6am, that was after he finished tenderising me while I was asleep at 5am. Some days he just gets into these moods, still the odd grouchy day is nothing compared to all the hell we had with him this time last year trying to drive Toby off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well a miracle happened today. Bailey decided he wanted to sit with a ball and after telling Lucy to leave him alone a few times she did!! Instead of just barging in and taking it off him like what she always does!

She pulled his bed around again this morning though lol!! :rolleyes:

324143.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Is pulling the bed about a new thing with her, or just a little Lucy foible that she has always done?
    She looks delighted with herself in that photo :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

We've moved the cats onto dry Select Gold food which they're both loving, and we ran out of wet pouches last night, after gradually cutting it down to smaller and smaller portions and there's been hell to pay here all day. I've never known a cat to tantrum quite the way Cinnamon does!
    Max just gets on with life, but Cin has been banging doors and pushing things off the table and screeching at the top of her little lungs. The mad thing is she doesn't even eat the wet food 95%of the time when we were giving it to her, she would just sniff it and walk away :confused::confused::confused:

DBB wrote: »
    Is pulling the bed about a new thing with her, or just a little Lucy foible that she has always done?
    She looks delighted with herself in that photo :p

She's always done it to the bed downstairs - most evenings she'll throw all the toys off it and either throw the vet bed off too or lie half on half under it lol!! She's only started doing it to poor Bailey's bed and he's not impressed! :P

tk123 wrote: »
    She's always done it to the bed downstairs - most evenings she'll throw all the toys off it and either throw the vet bed off too or lie half on half under it lol!! She's only started doing it to poor Bailey's bed and he's not impressed! :P

Good! I was hoping she wasn't trying to tell you she's nesting with a pseudo-pregnancy :eek:

• Advertisement

Good! I was hoping she wasn't trying to tell you she's nesting with a pseudo-pregnancy :eek:

NOOOOOO don't say that!!! :eek: It's 3 months though since she was in heat - I thought it was 2 months after that it could happen? She's getting spayed at the end of the month anyways/start of nov depending on the vet's schedule (I want our vet to do it i.e. the best over there!!) Bailey is in tomorrow for his booster top up so I'll find out about booking her in then...and hopefully have them confirm that he's ok to have a kong again so long as it's just soft stuff in them! There's still a stitch that hasn't melted away yet o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Phoe is an absolutely brilliant bump rest. I'm lying in the couch, He got up for a snuggle, rolled under me and has been happy there for the past few hours. I'm comfier than I have been in ages. Been finding it so hard to get properly comfy lately so I might have to bring him to bed with me :D

Whispered wrote: »
    Phoe is an absolutely brilliant bump rest. I'm lying in the couch, He got up for a snuggle, rolled under me and has been happy there for the past few hours. I'm comfier than I have been in ages. Been finding it so hard to get properly comfy lately so I might have to bring him to bed with me :D

Aren't you due sometime this month? :eek:
    Or now that I think of it, isn't he/she a near-Christmas baby?
    I think it's only right he get to prop your bump up in bed, sure isn't he bonding with the baby?

@tk, I couldn't quite remember when Lucy was in heat, but if this bed-wrecking is normal for her, and not a sudden change, sure ya know the story :)

They have me driven mad. Took them both out to the loo, then they both went to bed with their biscuit, then Bailey got up and had to go downstairs and back up again..time for her to dig up the bed, then he wanted to sleep on the landng..fine as long as I finally get to go to bed...then I had to go to the loo and came out to find them both on the landing ...told them both to go to bed anywhere they wanted so I could go to sleep ..then they both came back inside and he stood there staring into space...until I gave him another treat. So basically I think the whole thing was a trick so he could have 2 treats!!! And now I'm wide awake! >_<

We were in shock last night, Poppy and Toby were on the same cushion on the sofa.:eek: She's been stealing his side of the sofa as it's nearest the radiator, anyway, a few days ago she was walloping him when he'd stretch out to her, but last night he decided to brave it and jumped up beside her. I was sitting next to her and was trying not to move a muscle in case she slapped him, it was touch and go for a while. They both went asleep next to each other and it was the first night that they weren't on the bed with us.

Aren't you due sometime this month? :eek:
    Or now that I think of it, isn't he/she a near-Christmas baby?
    I think it's only right he get to prop your bump up in bed, sure isn't he bonding with the baby?

He or she is due on the 4th December. Here's hoping baby doesn't come along this month as we will be in Spain for a week :eek: imagine! I might end up calling it Ryan Air.

We're waiting on a new delivery of Bozita canned food so I had to buy the Felix Oh So pouches, Jeez, it's like cat cocaine and the 4 of them are going nuts for it. Toby jumped up on the work top to get it this morning, something he's only ever done once, the first time he smelled an open packet of smoked ham. Of course soon after eating it they're starved again. Felix is following me like a shadow for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

My cats have a choice of sleeping inside or outside in their houses but with the weather the way it was last night I called them both inside. Vogue came in straight away, I went out in the poring rain and had to carry Beau in from his house! I went to bed and all I hear is beau roaring in the kitchen to go back outside! I opened the back door for him and let him out into the rain, two minutes after I get back into bed I hear him roaring to get in at the front door. I can never win with that cat! :o

NOOOOO I just realised today that I only have 4 days leave left!! :( My old job subtracted days as they were approved but this one does it as you take them! I squanderd half a day today to take Bailey to the vet too and it was too late to cancel when I realised!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If the kitten belongs to someone, and they can prove it, they legally have 366 days to claim their kitten back. Although there is no law that says you've to report a found kitten, the bigger picture is that you *should* report any item (living or otherwise) to the guards for them to log in their lost and found property book. This would also give you an official start date for your 366 days. all :o
    I thought this rule only applied to dogs though in the Control of Dogs Act and cats weren't afforded the same legislation? Feck if it is because I won't "own" Charlie for another 8mths :eek:

• Advertisement

anniehoo wrote: »
    I thought this rule only applied to dogs though in the Control of Dogs Act and cats weren't afforded the same legislation? Feck if it is because I won't "own" Charlie for another 8mths :eek:

No, it's the general "lost and found property" law, which is I assume written into legislation or common law somewhere, and applies to anything a person finds, be it cash, a pair of gloves, a dog or a cat :-)
    Mention of it in the Control of Dogs Act is merely tipping its cap to this common law :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh my god, only ever thought this was for dogs.:eek:

#stashescharlieaway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

The only way to defeat a Westie is with ham

I thought that cats aren't property though. And that's why bad owners aren't forced to take responsibility for them. Maybe it's just that some cat owners are asses and wouldn't take responsibility if it was a dog either :)

Whispered wrote: »
    I thought that cats aren't property though. And that's why bad owners aren't forced to take responsibility for them.

That's why I specifically said that if the owners come forward and can prove the kitten's theirs, that the kitten is, in fact, their "property" ;)
    I suppose via photos, a convincing back-story whereby they could accurately describe the kitten and/or the circumstances under which he went missing.
    In the case of a pedigree kitten (which I know doesn't apply in this case), they may even have a receipt.

Our new back gate was put up today. To us it's a new gate, to Toby and Felix it might as well be The End of Days. Toby has been spraying everything in the back garden, I don't think there's anything out there that he hasn't pointed his bum at and I caught Felix about to spray the new kitchen curtains that I only put up on Saturday. I think the new neighbourhood cats are unsettling Felix, he hates any kind of change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

My friend lives near town in a two bedroom apartment with his husband and another friend. Last month they adopted two kittens between them. And yesterday they adopted another. When I asked why he said because it had three legs. The other friends partner stays a lot too so realistically it's four people and three cats in a two bedroom apartment. Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit irresponsible? I know I have four cats myself but I live in a big four bedroom house and I let them out into the garden when I can too so they're not so cooped up.

More antics last night with Bailey - first a firework went off and then some tool outside was banging their bin at 11:30pm :mad: so he took up his position at the door!! I decided not to pander to him bringing downstairs and outside to investigate, then back up again etc etc so put some vet bed at the door and he went asleep there so this evening I'll move his crate away from the window to the other side of the room where he hopefully can't hear everything and we'll get some peace.

I have to say it's great being out in the mornings toasty in my coat, gloves and scarf - next on my list is to find my hat lol!! Lucy has grown out of the 'adolescent' size chest piece of her PF harness - luckily I have Bailey's old adult size that was too big! They got 3 compliments this morning out on our walk lol - I think because they had their reflective scarves on! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Got smacked on the side of the head by one of the cats last night, don't know who it was, thought something was falling on top of my head until I realised.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement

VonVix wrote: »
    Got smacked on the side of the head by one of the cats last night, don't know who it was, thought something was falling on top of my head until I realised.

Lucy got a smack in the face off one last week! :pac: That'll teach her not to stand with her two paws up on a wall trying to sniff noses with cats lol!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement