Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

It's not too early for SS, we usually post early December so that's only 4-5 weeks. I don't mind doing it/helping out with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Argh, found an insect in my curry sauce a while ago. Well that put me off my dinner. :(

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Sorry to hear Dude is under the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bailey had me up at 1:30 to wee, during the night when fireworks were going off and an hour ago was crying in his bed as if he had a sore tummy with pending bad poo... An hour of him lying outside he decides he's ok to come back inside and is now asleep on the end of the bed with Lucy....leaving me wide awake again!! >_< on the plus side Lucy finally had her post op poo so we can close all the windows lol!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It's Mr Pumpkinseeds birthday today and my gift was in a large paper gift bag, which Felix is now determined to fit himself into(not a chance of him fitting):D Felix is acting like a kitten galloping around the house like a pony and generally being over excited and skittish.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Happy birthday Mr pumpkinseeds!

Felix is just feeling the birthday joy!

It's funny how they try and fit in ridiculously small spaces, kitten here is still trying to squish herself under the sofa but is clearly too big to fit, Jake took a liking to a shoe box, but he's hanging over the sides :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

So, we have (after three leavings of the house) conditioned Opie to realise that he gets a bone of frozen peanut butter every time we go away. And that's three times he's had no accidents, no destructive behaviour and no crying while we were gone!
    Super excited at how smart this puppy is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I got my foster Kitty's today :D they are adorable. They were taken off a feral mother so aren't that fond of humans yet. There were four but when they were being caught they also caught an older half sibling which I agreed to take too. So I have five now. Managed to get the four youngest to play. Two are already noticeably braver. The runt is the bravest of the lot haha. They are also all using the litter trays thank God!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Max is booked in to get neutered on Friday. Bit worried about getting him to the vet, he's come a long way and will be on my knee 24/7 if I let him, but picking him up, while he's getting better, is a bit of a no-go and if we've people over he wont come out till they're gone.
    Because he's a fully inside cat and Cinnamon is spayed, we were trying to leave him until he was a bit tamer to take him in because I didn't want him to get too stressed going into a carrier/car/vets etc, but in the last few days he's climbed on top of Roisin (dog) and tried to mate her, as well as a blanket and then last night he and Cinnamon got in a fight because he tried it on with her as well so I rang first thing this morning to book him in. Hopefully my little monkey won't be too stressed about the whole thing.

Max is booked in to get neutered on Friday. Bit worried about getting him to the vet, he's come a long way and will be on my knee 24/7 if I let him, but picking him up, while he's getting better, is a bit of a no-go and if we've people over he wont come out till they're gone.
    Because he's a fully inside cat and Cinnamon is spayed, we were trying to leave him until he was a bit tamer to take him in because I didn't want him to get too stressed going into a carrier/car/vets etc, but in the last few days he's climbed on top of Roisin (dog) and tried to mate her, as well as a blanket and then last night he and Cinnamon got in a fight because he tried it on with her as well so I rang first thing this morning to book him in. Hopefully my little monkey won't be too stressed about the whole thing.

He'll be fine:) Toby was the very same about being picked up, but since Felix was determined to not let him in the house I just had to keep biting the bullet and pick him up to carry him into the house past Felix, usually I'd ask him not to bite me:D, which he didnt', he'd just make snappy bitey motions to let me know that he could bite me, if he wanted to.

Poppy on the other hand:eek:, mother of God it's a nightmare getting her to the vet, she hates being picked up, no idea why so we don't pick her up and yet she'd sit on our laps all day if she could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Still haven't found anywhere to get gonzo new plastic shelves for his cage, zooplus only seem to have them for hamsters and he'd most likely go down through it! Going to try petmania tomorrow again and see if they have anything in.

By chance I met the cat I was hoping to trap last night. He was sitting outside an apartment block and I got talking to a neighbour. The bad news is that the owners had a baby and puss got left out on the street. The good news is that his limp is gone. Some of the neighbours have been feeding him, up close he's a very large lad but coated in car oil from living outdoors. While I was petting the cat some guy, presumably the owner came down from one of the upstairs flats, opened the door and glared at me as he let puss indoors. He said nothing to me which was weird, if I saw someone who looked like they might be taking my cat I'd have to be restrained.

While I was there I found an unspayed female who is on heat as she didn't stop calling him for the whole hour that I was there. I gave her 2 pouches of food and she wolfed both down. She's def not feral and is in great condition and the rescue are going to get her spayed as mr puss isn't neutered so that's a recipe for disaster. I really hoping that miss puss has owners as the rescue can only tnr and if nobody owns her the best I can do is bring her food every day. With 4 already and the tension between Felix and Toby, I just can't take her in. Mr Pumpkinseeds isn't too thrilled about me taking on the possible long term commitment of feeding her but if I don't, nobody else will. All I can do is get her trapped and spayed and try to find her a home if she doesn't have one.

Sing it out, what type of shelves, is it foe a chin or degu?

We have spare shelves we were given for rat cage, bit quarter circle, corner shelf things, they didn't fit the explorer cage, and now we have no rats we are getting rid of all the stuff. Can pm you pic if you think they might fit, think there two, you can have for free if any good.

We're not far from you, on carlow, kk border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Keep bunty in your minds today. She's in the vets fighting. She's two bad lungs and her body temps dropped to 32. In bits here

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Keep bunty in your minds today. She's in the vets fighting. She's two bad lungs and her body temps dropped to 32. In bits here

Poor Bunty, will be thinking of you both. X

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh no poor Bunty! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Poor Bunty :( Fingers crossed for you both x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fingers and paws crossed here for Bunty.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Poor Bunty - fingers crossed for you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Oh I am sorry, fingers and paws crossed here for her.

• Advertisement

Her temps come up very slightly to only 33.1 despite heat pads, bubble wrap and hairdryer. X rays show very severe fluid on lungs, she's in an oxygen tent but finding it very hard to breath. The vet said her chances aren't very good. She's only 9 and a half, I didn't think I'd have to go through this this soon. She was fine on Monday evening, she's gone downhill so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Fingers crossed for bunty :( I got told the same when my wee one was in the Vets a few months back and she made a complete turn around. Don't give up hope

Fingers crossed for Bunty.

Just made the hardest decision iv ever had to make. She wasn't going to pull through and was suffering. To think she was full of life only a few days ago, even when I woke up this morning I thought a few jabs, a drip for a few hours and she'd be right as rain and home with me tonight. Give your pets a cuddle tonight, you never know what's around the corner. I'd have had her 9 years this month from a 6 month old kitten. 9 years of ups and downs since I was 14, through school and college and all through my teenage years she was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'm really sorry Zapperzy. Take care of yourself x

mymo wrote: »
    Sing it out, what type of shelves, is it foe a chin or degu?

We have spare shelves we were given for rat cage, bit quarter circle, corner shelf things, they didn't fit the explorer cage, and now we have no rats we are getting rid of all the stuff. Can pm you pic if you think they might fit, think there two, you can have for free if any good.

We're not far from you, on carlow, kk border.

Pity I Only just seen your message now mymo :( they were for my chinchilla. I ordered him some hard plastic shelves from the pet shop down the town this morning. Thanks a million though :)

So sorry for your loss Zapperzy, you did everything you could for her and she would thank you if she could x

SingItOut wrote: »
    Pity I Only just seen your message now mymo :( they were for my chinchilla. I ordered him some hard plastic shelves from the pet shop down the town this morning. Thanks a million though :)

These were originally from a chin cage, plastic ones too, never mind, I'm sure they'll find a good home!

Zapperzy, I'm so sorry, I can really sympathise with you, I had a cat from 3 years old until I was 19. I think growing up with them and especially those teen years creates such a bond. It's an awful descision to make, rest in peace Bunty.xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Aw Zapperzy I'm so sorry to hear that :( Run free Bunty x

• Advertisement

I'm so sorry about Bunty.:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement