Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

tk123 wrote: »
    Bailey's collar is in the vets to be xrayed lol!! Something showed up at the bottom of one of the xrays and she wants to see if it's the collar :p

Oooooo I hope it's ok! :d

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Bailey's collar is in the vets to be xrayed lol!! Something showed up at the bottom of one of the xrays and she wants to see if it's the collar :p

Fingers crossed for the poor collar, I hope it's nothing too serious :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I woke up with a few insect bites this morning and didn't think much of it as we've had gnats flying about recently. When Mr P came home earlier he mentioned that he woke up with bites as well. :confused: So either a gnat got into the bedroom last night and bit us both or 1 of the cats aquired 'hoppers' somewhere.:eek: Anyways, all bedding on our bed and their bedding stripped and hot washed. Of course tomorrows a bank holiday so I'll have to wait until Wednesday to get the Broadline flea/wormer for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I woke up with a few insect bites this morning and didn't think much of it as we've had gnats flying about recently. When Mr P came home earlier he mentioned that he woke up with bites as well. :confused: So either a gnat got into the bedroom last night and bit us both or 1 of the cats aquired 'hoppers' somewhere.:eek: Anyways, all bedding on our bed and their bedding stripped and hot washed. Of course tomorrows a bank holiday so I'll have to wait until Wednesday to get the Broadline flea/wormer for them.

:pac: that made me laugh

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I have my suspicions that Elly is getting a little spoilt!

Just went to give the two of them their evening biscuits, they have their set places - Tara in her bed and Elly into her crate. As I 'threw' her biscuits into the crate they bounced out again and landed just in front of it. Well her face was a picture, she just looked at me as if to say wtf! and never moved! I had to pick them back up and place them in front of her paws!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Welcome, angeldaisey you are now officially an animal slave:D:D.

We really should form some sort of Union............

Layinghen wrote: »
    Welcome, angeldaisey you are now officially an animal slave:D:D.

We really should form some sort of Union............

Oh I've been one of those for a long time, but Elly just takes it to a whole new level!!

She probably decided to promote you to Chief Slave:D

Felix is feeling energised after sunbathing, he's now trying to turn everything in the living room into a cat toy, including my mug of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Cream's logic: I love you so much I must rub wet sandpaper all over you.
    I've never even seen a dog being as bad for licking as this cat, he's unreal! I ended up with a rash on my arm before because I wanted to see how long he'd stay licking before getting sick of it. It was a long time!

• Advertisement

I put the Broadline flea/wormer on 3 of our 4 today, still have to nab Poppy and do hers. I had to get Jazzy first, if I don't get his on him and he smells it on the others there's no chance of getting it on him. He gave me the 'well played human, well played' look, but I expect him to extract revenge later. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Do your cats go bonkers after getting it on them? Squeak just rolls over and goes back to sleep but any one we put on Kovu seems to sting him as he takes off like a rocket with his tail up and ears back as if it's sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My cat used to go nuts when we put it on him - would be terrified and run and hide. I switched to Program for a while they stopped giving it at all because he was an indoor cat.

Kovu wrote: »
    Do your cats go bonkers after getting it on them? Squeak just rolls over and goes back to sleep but any one we put on Kovu seems to sting him as he takes off like a rocket with his tail up and ears back as if it's sore.

That is exactly how Jazzy reacted when I'd put the Advocate drops on him, but our vet stopped selling Advocate and switched to Broadline and while he looks shocked and runs off for a few minutes, I think he's just startled as he's back for head boops and pets within a few minutes. I never realised until we switched that the Advocate was hurting him. The others are fine with both. Another plus with the Broadline is that it covers all types of worms, or at least the types that Advocate didn't.

No word on the collar yet lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

That is exactly how Jazzy reacted when I'd put the Advocate drops on him, but our vet stopped selling Advocate and switched to Broadline and while he looks shocked and runs off for a few minutes, I think he's just startled as he's back for head boops and pets within a few minutes. I never realised until we switched that the Advocate was hurting him. The others are fine with both. Another plus with the Broadline is that it covers all types of worms, or at least the types that Advocate didn't.

Mine can't be having Advocate either and I'm not confident that Beaphar spot-on and Milbemax are covering everything. Do you know if Broadline deals with lungworm, heartworm, mites and fleas?

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Mine can't be having Advocate either and I'm not confident that Beaphar spot-on and Milbemax are covering everything. Do you know if Broadline deals with lungworm, heartworm, mites and fleas?

Yep, it covers all of it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Arabella Hates me!
    I haven't had a cuddle since friday morning before the vets, she runs if I try and stroke her :(

I made a total balls of putting Poppys Broadline on her this morning. She started playing with something just as I was putting it on her so it went lower down than it should have.:rolleyes:

I made a total balls of putting Poppys Broadline on her this morning. She started playing with something just as I was putting it on her so it went lower down than it should have.:rolleyes:

The advocate used to just run down Bailey's coat. Glad I stopped using spot-ons lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

No word on the collar yet lol :D

No news is good news. :)

I was raving on to Mr Pumpkinseeds about how cute the German Shephard pups on Supervet were, he was giving me total silence, as he does when he's refusing to even discuss something.:D I do love big dogs, they're like small bears, but I doubt we'll ever get a dog, he's not a big fan, anyway, the cats would never forgive me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Poor Tiffi is sick, she's quite lethargic and has been vomiting/had very soft poops on and off all week. Found a couple of small pee puddles today so think she may be passing a stone again, vet gave meds and antibiotics and will check her Monday.
    She's very out of sorts and looks miserable.

Vet said to fast her until tomorrow evening, but she vomits bile if she goes without food, so she's getting pumpkin and rice, about a tablespoon 3 times a day. I wasn't going to argue, he's new and not as flexible as the usual guy, who is open to hearing new stuff. (I told him about the pumpkin last year and he tried it on his own dog and said it was great for sorting a dodgy belly)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Really exciting times in the Muddypaws house, and across the world. A friend is running in the Iditarod sled dog race in Alaska, he is about 13 miles out from the finish in Nome, there is a webcam on the finish line, can't wait to see him and his amazing dogs finish. They will be the first all Siberian Husky team to complete both the Yukon Quest and the Iditarod in the same year. Two 1,000 mile races within the space of a month, a really impressive achievement, especially as Rob is originally from England, and started racing in the UK using a wheeled rig in dryland races. Most of his dogs are from UK lines.

Our 4 cats are loving the sun here. We get the sun in the front garden all morning and until late in the evening it shines in the back garden, so they just follow it and sprawl for the day. It's really engergising Felix.:)

I have a Jack Russell doing the same thing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ihatewinter

:D my youngest retriever is officially a retriver lol!! I taught her how to retrieve last week for her little class, went to the beach this morning and for the first time ever she started retrieving a ball out of the sea!! :D The next test is tomorrow - we're off for a fun swim to see if we can get her confident to actually swim. She's well able to swim having come along to Bailey's hydro sessions for over 6 months swimming in just a harness (no floats/life jacket) but just won't kick off and go out of her dept. Hopefully its a success....then I can send her off swimming to clean off when she's rolled in poo! >_<

I work/ study from home on a Tuesday, normally its great, get loads done. Today however my new freezer decided to throw a wobbly and is currently beeping non stop and has been doing since 10pm last night and the engineer can't come until tomorrow.

Thankfully the two mutts don't seem to be phased at all by it, but I'm close to pulling my hair out!

Just wish I didn't have loads to do, otherwise I would have taken myself out for the day!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The last ten days or so I've been minding a really old ginger female (think she's about 16/17 as she arrived as a stray kitten when I was in primary school)
    Anyway the family called her Sour cat as they claim she's not at all friendly and for the last few years I've been half minding her when asked, clipping her nails as she doesn't wear them down and brushing her fur/clipping out any mats when I can as she's not able to clean herself correctly.
    Well if you seen her these last few days ever time I go over to the house! She toddles up to me as fast as she can on her little old legs and purrs and miaows and stands up on her back legs to rub against me. She is the most adorable little pensioner cat I've ever seen :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement