Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well good news - the collar made it and is coming home today lol! :p It was one of the tags.

Lucy was fantastic at her swim yesterday. I couldn't believe how quickly she went from clinging to the ramp to hopping off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I normally sleep with my bedroom door closed but for some reason didn't close it last night, when I woke up this morning Cream had broken in and was snuggled under my duvet with me. Nice surprise to wake up to :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I took the valance sheet off the bed the other night and Felix discovered the little gap between the divan and the carpet. He drove me nuts clawing his way along the side of the bed, all excited and meowy like a kitten. For a finish he decided to climb all over us in the bed for ages. I was ignoring him hoping he'd get bored with the lack of attention, he didn't.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Just had a very unsettled night with Coco, she was acting a bit out of sorts yesterday evening after her walk, unsettled and wanting down to her bed in the hall very early. Then when we went to bed she was up and scratching on the door to get in, at midnight, 1am, 2am, 3am, and probably inbetween I stopped looking at the clock! Himself let her out to the loo at 2am, but she would not settle when she came back in, I left the bedroom door open and brought a bed in and she went between the bed and up on our bed for the rest of the night.

I woke before the alarm and it was bright and she was sitting bold upright in the corner :confused:?? One thing she did do during the night was to walk backwards a couple of times? There was no sickness or vomiting or toileting and no lameness but I was thinking maybe joint pain if she was walking backwards, maybe it was more comfortable walking backwards?

But then when the first daycare dog landed at 7.30am she sauntered outside, greeted them and strutted about like she was proud of herself? :confused:

I took her temperature which was normal and thinking maybe she could hear something in the night that unsettled her? The only other thing I can think of is that Benson slept in the living room last night and didn't come down the hall, but she wouldn't go back into the living room during the night, and her acting strange started well before bedtime.

All I know is I'm exhausted!

Borderlinemeath, it must be something in the air, Felix just spent 10 minutes sitting staring in wonder at our door knocker, as if it were the most fascinating thing he's ever seen. Then again, he is the Forrest Gump of the cat world.:D

Update: I have to take that back, there was an enormous bee in the hall. It must have been behind the open front door, he could hear it and I couldn't.

• Advertisement

Well Coco has been in great form all day. I have no idea what was going on with her last night. If she starts up again tonight I'm going up to the spare room, I can't do another completely sleepless night, I barely get a few hours strung together as it is.

I had to put a bowl of water in the kitchen for Poppy. It's pouring with rain here and she doesn't like to get her paws cold or wet, she also won't drink from the drinking fountain in the kitchen, she prefers the bowl of water in the garden.:rolleyes: I was trying to figure out what she was meeping at me for. She's a finnicky little cat.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

A bit gross...

For the past two days, Opie has been LITERALLY sticking his bloody nose into my crotch for a sniff every chance he gets. I mean, if I turn my back to him for one second, nose in crotch. I actually have to shoo him! Actually made me self-conscious and showered twice. Still did it, fresh out of the shower.

I'm a day late... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Alli does the exact same thing ShaShabear, it's so uncomfortable! she's now Nick named "pervert dog" :pac:

:pac:

The seasons have obviously changed because the dogs are going back in the river more in the mornings! Lucy has gotten very brave around the weir walking across it and has been looking like she's ready to jump down it like what Bailey does - have my phone ready every morning to take a photo just in case. SO this morning there was a football in it that they both went to look down at it before Bailey jumped down with Lucy up above..next thing she slips down lol!! :p I roared laughing and cursed myself for not catching it on video. So all is well until it becomes clear that despite her swimming lesson Lucy isn't going to swim back to the steps!! I spent ages trying to coax her back and sending Bailey over to her - she'd go beside him and put her cheek against his lol :o but wouldn't come to us. The wall at that part is too high for me to be able to get a grip on her and pull her up even though she kept going to it.. Eventually I remembered I had a field line in my bag for practice for her class so was able to reach down and clip it to her collar then stand at the steps and rein her in lol!! :p She was traumatised after it and had a lie down when we got back!!

(PS she's wearing the pink t-shirt to save me having to wash her if she rolls in poo!)

343160.JPG

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    A bit gross...

For the past two days, Opie has been LITERALLY sticking his bloody nose into my crotch for a sniff every chance he gets. I mean, if I turn my back to him for one second, nose in crotch. I actually have to shoo him! Actually made me self-conscious and showered twice. Still did it, fresh out of the shower.

I'm a day late... :D

I was going to ask if you there was anything hormonal going on. :D

I was going to ask if you there was anything hormonal going on. :D

Wont know for Sure for a few more days, but if hes detected a pregnancy, im putting him out to work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Henry's not well. He was throwing up and had the runs last night, with some blood in them, and his muzzle has swollen up. He's miserable and won't eat (a first for him). Vet later this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

Sorry to hear that Bluecherry, hope it's nothing serious. Bandy is crossing his paws for his buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Last night Squeak decided that the (mostly full) tissue box was the devil incarnated and must be murdered. She murdered it very well.
    So well infact, that she slept on the remnants of chewed tissue and box, safe in the knowledge that we definitely wouldn't be able to see her asleep in the midst of it this morning......slap bang on the kitchen table where she is strictly not allowed :pac:

Hope Henry is ok! :(

Anyone want to hire out a pregnancy-detection dog?

One crotch sniff for a fiver :pac:

Hope Henry is okay Bluecherry :(

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Anyone want to hire out a pregnancy-detection dog?

One crotch sniff for a fiver :pac:

Does that mean congratulations are in order??! :)

If so keep him away from me lol :P

Henry has to stay at the vet's overnight on a drip. The vet is optimistic and thinks it's probably just a bad upset tummy or allergic reaction to something, but he's dehydrated and really off form. His bloods came back normal apart from slightly low protein, so that's good. hopefully he'll improve overnight.

Ah poor Henry. Leaving them behind is the worst feeling :(

• Advertisement

In vets with Bailey his jaw is swollen and he's in pain :( very quiet and out of sorts. My mum txt me earlier saying he was very unsettled thought he might in pain but we assumed it was an upset tummy. Knew the second I saw him it was his his mouth/jaw

tk123 wrote: »
    In vets with Bailey his jaw is swollen and he's in pain :( very quiet and out of sorts. My mum txt me earlier saying he was very unsettled thought he might in pain but we assumed it was an upset tummy. Knew the second I saw him it was his his mouth/jaw

On no, poor Bailey. Hope he's ok. :(

On no, poor Bailey. Hope he's ok. :(

Vet is thinks he reacting to something so steroid anti-inflammatory injection and we have to monitor him. It's still very swollen - hope it goes down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Kovu wrote: »
    Last night Squeak decided that the (mostly full) tissue box was the devil incarnated and must be murdered. She murdered it very well.
    So well infact, that she slept on the remnants of chewed tissue and box, safe in the knowledge that we definitely wouldn't be able to see her asleep in the midst of it this morning......slap bang on the kitchen table where she is strictly not allowed :pac:

Photo?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

aonb wrote: »
    Photo?!?!

Didn't have my phone on me as it was in the room charging :(

Hope Henry & Bailey perk up soon guys!

Jeepers, sick doggies all round today. :( Get well soon everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fingers and paws crossed for Henry and Bailey.

My legs are very popular with our cats. Jazzy loves to sleep on the back of my calves when I'm in bed, but Felix prefers to sleep with one end of himself on the inside of my right ankle and the top half of himself on my right knee. Of course once I even budge a fraction of an inch he sees it as an invitation to nibble my arms and purr in my ears, all fine and dandy, when it's not 4 in the morning.:rolleyes:

Well Bailey's swelling has gone down a good bit and he's not stressed out like yesterday but still a bit sore and swollen. Going to monitor him today and see how he gets on

• Advertisement

Henry's home :) He's a bit quiet, but much much better. the swelling in his face has almost gone and he hasn't thrown up since yesterday. He still had some diarrhoea this morning so if that doesn't improve he'll be back to the vet on Monday. It's so good to have him home!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement