Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We've got a chap coming to fix the washing machine today so I had a quick hoover along the side of it where there's a gap between the machine and the baseboard. Something got sucked up, really hoping it wasn't a dead mouse that one of the cats had and we didn't know about. :eek: I'm leaving it to Mr P to change the hoover bag when he gets home from work.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I brought the dogs into the park yesterday evening to meet my friend and we bump into the guy who's letting his dog run around off lead after it repeatedly attacked other dogs eg 3 last week! Lucy is afraid of the dog and I won't let her off lead near it but it still approaches growling and the guy has no control of it - calls it and it just ignores him! People have started to approach him telling him to put the dog on lead but it's on for 2 mins and let run off again. Don't think I'll be going in the evenings anymore :( I'm worried that if she does snap at Lucy Bailey will step in and I'll have 2 injured dogs. Last time it was growling at both of them and it honestly frightened me - I've never been frightened of a dog before!! Just as I was about to shout for him (he was miles away) to call it back his friend's dog started to fight and it ran up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

tk123 wrote: »
    I brought the dogs into the park yesterday evening to meet my friend and we bump into the guy who's letting his dog run around off lead after it repeatedly attacked other dogs eg 3 last week! Lucy is afraid of the dog and I won't let her off lead near it but it still approaches growling and the guy has no control of it - calls it and it just ignores him! People have started to approach him telling him to put the dog on lead but it's on for 2 mins and let run off again. Don't think I'll be going in the evenings anymore :( I'm worried that if she does snap at Lucy Bailey will step in and I'll have 2 injured dogs. Last time it was growling at both of them and it honestly frightened me - I've never been frightened of a dog before!! Just as I was about to shout for him (he was miles away) to call it back his friend's dog started to fight and it ran up to them.

His dog's not under control in a public place and he's not respecting the other users' requests to keep it on lead. Time to report him to the dog warden, however reluctant you are to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Feel that I need SOMEWHERE to vent!
    In my pregnant and emotional state, I literally ran around the room flapping in utter panic at the April Fool's prank pulled in this forum :pac:
    Seriously, you should all be ashamed of yourselves, especially DBB - I almost had a bloody aneurysm when I realised the thread was locked and I couldn't come to your defense...

Until I got to the end of it. Heads are gonna roll :P

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Feel that I need SOMEWHERE to vent!
    In my pregnant and emotional state, I literally ran around the room flapping in utter panic at the April Fool's prank pulled in this forum :pac:
    Seriously, you should all be ashamed of yourselves, especially DBB - I almost had a bloody aneurysm when I realised the thread was locked and I couldn't come to your defense...

Until I got to the end of it. Heads are gonna roll :P

Ah come on now - we'll let you away with it because you're preggo but it was obvious from the first post lol!! :pac::pac: Years ago I think on April Fools day loads of mods lost their powers and random people got them! Good times :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

um, Im not pregnant & I was completely fooled too :confused::o:(

Ah come on now - we'll let you away with it because you're preggo but it was obvious from the first post lol!! :pac::pac: Years ago I think on April Fools day loads of mods lost their powers and random people got them! Good times :D

Funny I wasn't on here NEARLY as frequent this time last year. I was mostly on my July 2014 birth board, but it wasn't until after Abigail was born that I became a seriously frequent poster (one person actually apologised for offering advise because she recognised my name and knew I'd have done that already... embarrassing :p )
    Aside from that, after having a baby last week and now she's somehow 8 months old and I'm pregnant again, I'm a bit flummoxed when it comes to the date :p

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

In my pregnant and emotional state

Awww so your cat was right? Congratulations!!

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Awww so your cat was right? Congratulations!!

Dog :pac: But yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Congrats ShaSha! Poor Opie, he's going to have the difficult job of being middle child. :D

• Advertisement

Congrats ShaSha! Poor Opie, he's going to have the difficult job of being middle child. :D

He's going to require some serious TLC between now and then. Luckily he'll be about a year and a half, so (hopefully) a bit calmer and better-behaved :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I was convinced by the thread too! And I'm usually good with figuring out what's a prank and what's not! Gah.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

VonVix wrote: »
    I was convinced by the thread too! And I'm usually good with figuring out what's a prank and what's not! Gah.

I'm usually good at sniffing out pranks too, because I'm the one usually playing them :P but at first this one did have me stumped! It was DBB and AJ arguing that gave it away for me though :P

What a miserable day AGAIN!! Think we'll be playing sniffer dogs again this evening instead of trudging around in the damp. At least I got to try out my new towel on the dogs this morning after their run in the park - well the parts their raincoats didn't cover. It's BRILLIANT!! They had them at the hydro pool and I couldn't believe the amount of water that was coming off the dogs and then off the towel when it was wrung out. Hopefully this is the end of radiators full of dog towels lol!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'm feeling all 'I can take on the world' today. I'm doing demos at a vintage rally on Sunday, my first event with my new business, and have got loads done today, the world is my lobster :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

muddypaws wrote: »
    I'm feeling all 'I can take on the world' today. I'm doing demos at a vintage rally on Sunday, my first event with my new business, and have got loads done today, the world is my lobster :D

Sounds exciting, is the rally the one in Tipp?

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Sounds exciting, is the rally the one in Tipp?

Yeah it is, I hope to get a chance to go and have a look at the wall of death, I loved the film Eat the Peach

Jasper is in a weird phase the past few days. He sometimes scratches at the front door to go in/out or if he knows Felix or Toby are outside the front door, so that we'll open the door for him, but he's doing it a lot and I'm trying to ignore him so it doesn't become a constant thing with him. He's mooching around behind the tv as I type, hopefully he won't pull a cable out.:rolleyes: He's so adorable it's hard to be cross with him for more than a few seconds.

They all get like bored kids in this rainy weather. I suppose they've been asleep for most of the day, now it's raining so they'll annoy each other until it stops and they go rambling the neighbourhood. I'm really hoping he won't come and sit on my head to warm his sopping wet paws at stupid o'clock in the morning.

well whatever you do don't teach them to ring a bell to go out or you'll get no peace.:P

lucy :

ring
    try to ignore her

ring ring
    try to ignore her

RING RING RING

try to ignore her
    RING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RINGRING RING RING

I can't even get any peace in the bathroom. They're coming in 2 at a time. Forget closing the door tight, they just drive me mad sticking paws under the door.:D I had to call Mr Pumpkinseeds out of bed the other morning to nab Felix because Toby was in the bathroom with me and Felix wanted to come in as well, that would not have ended well.

• Advertisement

I can't even get any peace in the bathroom. They're coming in 2 at a time. Forget closing the door tight, they just drive me mad sticking paws under the door.:D I had to call Mr Pumpkinseeds out of bed the other morning to nab Felix because Toby was in the bathroom with me and Felix wanted to come in as well, that would not have ended well.

Opie sits in the bathroom to watch you go. If you close the door, he howls until you open it for him. He usually sits right in front of me, staring into my eyes. But if my trousers and knickers are low enough, he will actually sit in my pants until I am done. No tricking him into staying downstairs - he knows if you're even thinking of it. There's 15 stairs to the bathrrom and Opie touches exactly four during his ascent. No joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Jessie licks the door if she wants to go out. I have a perfectly clean circle on the patio door from her licking. It's not a delicate lick either, it's a big wet slurpy noisy one.

Opie sits in the bathroom to watch you go. If you close the door, he howls until you open it for him. He usually sits right in front of me, staring into my eyes. But if my trousers and knickers are low enough, he will actually sit in my pants until I am done. No tricking him into staying downstairs - he knows if you're even thinking of it. There's 15 stairs to the bathrrom and Opie touches exactly four during his ascent. No joke.

I don't get their fascination with the bathroom, Toby comes up to bed with me most nights and the only time he really wants to be petted and made a fuss of is when he's in the bathroom with me.:confused: He has his routine of rubbing off my legs, purring away and getting lots of pets, then he jumps into the bathroom sink for a drink from the tap before running to the bed to settle down for a few hours. He's a funny little cat.:)

I don't know whether to feel irritated or to cringe. Such a weird feeling!

Anyhow... I'm in the mood to shop, it's getting pretty bad. Somebody tell me to get off Zooplus...

VonVix wrote: »
    I don't know whether to feel irritated or to cringe. Such a weird feeling!

Anyhow... I'm in the mood to shop, it's getting pretty bad. Somebody tell me to get off Zooplus...

the uk one has £5 of selected items and gift vouchers are in the selection. So you could potentially buy the voucher and spend later :pac:

the uk one has £5 of selected items and gift vouchers are in the selection. So you could potentially buy the voucher and spend later :pac:

Stoppit!

Now you've made me see a lead and collar I want. Bad TK! :mad:

:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Muddypaws, what stand are you on at the rally?

I'm hoping to head over to it, looks an interesting day. Any idea what time it starts? can't find any details on their page!

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Muddypaws, what stand are you on at the rally?

I'm hoping to head over to it, looks an interesting day. Any idea what time it starts? can't find any details on their page!

In the dog show bit, I'm doing canine fitness demos! From a FB discussion last night, its going to be a great day, temps are supposed to be high, so there's a few of us hanging out, having pimms, whilst wearing bikinis and snow shoes, in honour of the huskies :p I think it starts at 11am. Dog show starts at 1.30pm.

• Advertisement

We were at the beach this morning and for the first time ever there was some rubbish - a carton of milk. Of course who manages to puncture it and lap up the curdeled contents - Bailey. I pulled him away from it and next thing he ran into the sea coughing, sneezing and crying at same time as if he was saying OMFG that was vile! :pac: No puking thank god!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement