Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

So stressed right now. Elly and Tara have just had a massive fight in the garden. How there wasn't blood shed I don't know.
    I'm almost in tears over it, I managed to separate them, they were literally hanging off each other. I got bitten in the process, but I couldn't separate them any other way than picking one of them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I just phoned my pet insurance company (who I can't name) to follow up on Henry's claim and I was told they have a 3 MONTH BACK LOG for looking at claims!! I had to ask the girl to repeat it as I was sure I'd misheard. She told me she'd put me on a priority list and that it would be looked at within a week.

3 MONTHS LIKE! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Felix seems to be enjoying a surge of energy lately. Even though he's a domestic short hair moggy he's the height and weight of a Maine Coone. He was rolling around the bedroom floor at 3am, holding the cardboard scratching post and kicking 7 shades out of it, before galloping around the bed swatting at me to try and get me to chase him. It's great to see him playing.:)

Poppy, all 3.5 kilos of feline chaos, has a new game of hiding under the edge of the throw at the foot of our bed and pouncing/grabbing your ankle as you pass by, she's invisible when she does it.:D She makes a hell of a racket for such a small cat, and she pushes the boys, all of whom are much bigger than her, around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Kovu burst the catnip banana :( He was rolling around it it before I noticed it and he's now doing laps of the garden trying to kill plants, stopping every so often to jump on top of Squeak.

Kovu wrote: »
    Kovu burst the catnip banana :( He was rolling around it it before I noticed it and he's now doing laps of the garden trying to kill plants, stopping every so often to jump on top of Squeak.

I need to get some more loose catnip. We have the catnip fish and they love those, the stinkier and more battered, the more they love them. All 4 are leaking catnip at this point. I used to get bags of it in Tesco but they stopped selling it and I bought the same brand on Amazon but our cats have no interest and they used to go nuts for it, so something must have changed.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where to get the actual plant? I'd love to stick one in the garden. I still have an old half bag from Tesco in the press but they don't go as mad for it as they did with the banana.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I buy the kong stuff on Amazon, it's in a jar and sometimes comes as an add on item. Mine love it, I put some in a baggy with a toy for a few days to freshen up the catnip scent on the toys, they go mad over the toys then.

The seeds can be got online, I think Middletons? Based in cork sell seeds, I've also seen them online on other sites.

Oliver is being very good this evening, no more escaping, no stealing and he's being patient (not barking with excitement when going out etc). Must have got it all out of his system the last few days!

Kovu wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get the actual plant? I'd love to stick one in the garden. I still have an old half bag from Tesco in the press but they don't go as mad for it as they did with the banana.

Some garden centres would probably stock the plants/seeds. I wouldn't plant it if there are other cats than yours in the vicinity or you could end up with your garden being Party Central/Apocalypse Now.:D

Some garden centres would probably stock the plants/seeds. I wouldn't plant it if there are other cats than yours in the vicinity or you could end up with your garden being Party Central/Apocalypse Now.:D

It already is! We thought we'd lost Crank a few weeks ago as she went missing for a week, however one day we seen a bedraggled looking speck of a thing doggedly trudging through the field to our house. She was skin & bone but alive, reckon she got closed into a neighbours shed. So now she won't leave our house and has become a mortal enemy to Squeak who attacks her every chance she gets. Kovu doesn't care for this at all so he mopes off with Smudge and I reckon they've set up their own gay cat marriage for themselves.

Went into Maxi Zoo earlier, well holy god.....I spent too much. And Kovu has gorged himself on Real Nature's duck, shrimp & pumpkin food.

Ah, that's great that Crank is safe, they'll probably work it out amongst themselves. I look at Poppy and Jazzy and she runs at him and Felix if they come into a room when I'm with her, yet she sleeps on our bed with Jazzy.:rolleyes: Felix and Toby are pretty much ok with each other these days, Toby is the kind of cat that just wants to eat sleep and play indoors and is happy to ignore the others if they don't bother him. We really never thought we'd see a day when there wasn't violence between Felix and Toby. Felix used to attack him on sight, not to chase him off, I really think he wanted to kill him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I've had a big delivery from the Czech Republic, have been tracking it with UPS all week, was down to be delivered on 16th April, then yesterday I had 2 emails saying the delivery date had been changed to 16th April! Phone rang at 8.20 this morning, UPS man looking for directions, delivery done by 8.30, and now I have lots of lovely doggy stuff to go through. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

Was it something special that you got from there Muddypaws? Being from Czech republic myself, it peaked my interest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

It's been very noisy here since yesterday, the swallows have made their annual pilgrimage to our outhouse. One of them spent a lot of time yesterday sitting on an electricity wire tormenting the dogs. Benson and Coco were their usual noisy selves, Buddy just sat and stared at it. He's only with us since December so isn't familiar with our annual visitors!

w5K2soml.jpg

Due to my hacking cough and stench of Vicks VapoRub, Toby is the only one of our 4 who'll stay on the bed with me at night, Mr P was on nights this week. Felix decided he'd join us at 2am, for a sneaky Toby intimidation session. He was hypnotising me with slow blinking and purring and every time I started to nod off he'd move a little further down the bed towards Toby. 2 hours he kept it up for, ah well, I wasn't getting much sleep anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

It's been very noisy here since yesterday, the swallows have made their annual pilgrimage to our outhouse. One of them spent a lot of time yesterday sitting on an electricity wire tormenting the dogs. Benson and Coco were their usual noisy selves, Buddy just sat and stared at it. He's only with us since December so isn't familiar with our annual visitors!

Aww, your dogs are absolutely gorgeous!

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Aww, your dogs are absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks! All brats at times but wouldn't change them for the world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Love your dogs borderlinemeath

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

ACD wrote: »
    Was it something special that you got from there Muddypaws? Being from Czech republic myself, it peaked my interest :D

Lots of ManMat stuff, I love their harnesses etc. Another of my suppliers is also in the Czech Republic, obviously a thriving manufacturing industry?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh god I just remembered that Bailey barked at his reflection in the bus shelter yesterday and scared the crap out of some guy passing! :eek: ...Hope we don't see him again this evening!!
    Saw one of my neighbours had cut thru the hospital grounds yesterday so I'm taking it that I'm ok to walk them through as well (on lead obliviously). A nice quiet spot with lots of trees etc for them to sniff around and no bumping into tools who annoy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ACD

muddypaws wrote: »
    Lots of ManMat stuff, I love their harnesses etc. Another of my suppliers is also in the Czech Republic, obviously a thriving manufacturing industry?
    ManMat stuff is very good, know a lot of people who swear by it, good quality and reasonably priced. Czech republic is known to be a dog country, so dog related business are mostly thriving. If you ever need an interpreter or anything, feel free to give me a shout, would be happy to help :)

• Advertisement

Poor Coco had a freak accident today. She's fond of sitting on the windowsill when himself is eating at the breakfast bar beside it, in the hope that a morsel will pass her way. She managed to lose her footing and fall off it, somehow she caught her claw (probably in the radiator cover) and the entire nail casing came off. :eek:. There was blood running from it so it was straight into the vet because at home I couldn't actually see what had happened as there was so much blood. It's really tender and sore for her, so she had to be sedated to get it clipped and cleaned, and she's bandaged up for at least a week or two. :( She'll not be happy to be not getting out walking but it's too tender for now, even when it starts to heal and recover she'll need a boot on it to keep it clean and dry. It's one of her regular nails, not even her dew claw.

2saM2yul.jpg

Ah poor Coco. When Bailey split his dew claw it was too sore for a boot so I couldn't walk him at all! When the dressing came off I was to bathe it with hibiscub solution and I had to muzzle him and have my dad hold him it was that painful for him! :(

I'm always paranoid about them catching their dew claws now! I did get complimented on my bandaging skills though by the vet lol :D - we'd spotted it sticking out almost at a right angle to his paw in the evening after the vet was closed so had to do a patch up job until morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

POOR Coco - will be so sore for her. Dogs nails are always a bit of a worry and dew claws are a nuisance. Hope shes a good patient & not too frantic with the bandage & not going for a walk :(

She's so not herself, it took a few hours for the full sedative effects to wear off, but it's out of her system now. She's never had a bandage like it before and is finding it really difficult to get about, even out to wee :( but I haven't put a cone on her, she's refusing to even look at the bandage. I have painkillers for the next couple of days and antibiotics, I hope she'll settle and sleep tonight, and hopefully she'll be a bit brighter tomorrow. She has been giving the sorrowful eyes tonight :o

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

I can't sleep so am downstairs reading to avoid keeping the OH awake too. Princess Foxy is doing guard patrol of all the windows and looks most out out that I'm down here interrupting 'her time'. She keeps giving me filthy looks each time she passes the sofa. OH has hidden the Dreamies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Poor Coco - she looks so miserable in that photo. I hope she's back to normal soon.

The idea of her sitting on the window sill made me giggle though! Henry likes to lie along the sofa back, like a cat. Setters are way too big for that carry on! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Poor Coco, did she get much sleep last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Poor Coco how is she since?

How is Buddy settling in with your gang?

She had a fairly quiet night, she wasn't overly sleepy but her lack of mobility is keeping her in one place! Normally when she's off form she won't settle but she doesn't really know how to manouvre about with the big bandage so she stayed in her bed. Still getting the sorrowful eyes this morning but the real huff will come when she can't go for a walk!

Buddy is doing brilliant, he really is one of the gang! Almost gate trained too, he won't go out it, but he's just not as good as the other pair. I've had him out meeting and greeting and he just loves the company that he didn't have in his old home. (human or canine) We're half thinking of renaming him Woody, as there's a good few Buddy visitors and it's very like Benson, who I do call Benny Boy a lot!

• Advertisement

You'll have to get her some slipper socks to go over the bandage for traction! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement