Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

New username, same moggie issues.:D

Suspicious. I think these poor cats have been stolen. We should stage a rescue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Poppy is wrecking my head today. She's going out the cat flap in the kitchen, around to the front garden and then meowing at the living room window to be let in 5 minutes later. I've let her in twice already and I'm determined to ignore her or she'll turn it into a door. Jesus, she's fricking loudly determined.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Toby does the same, if you leave the window open he goes in circles, out the back door, under the gate, in the livingroom window, and repeat about every 3 minutes!

I shut the window and he waves at me, then sits staring, looking all hard done by!

I am not getting a cold, I have too much to do, that tickling nose and throat, the sneezes, every bone in my body hurting, it's all in my head. I'm going to bed with a hot water bottle and a mug of tea!
    I have to be up at 4.30 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I went and got my cats the most expensive of the own brand foods where I work, all natural grain free stuff. Tried them with the wild boar and lamb flavour tonight and the two boys dived straight in delighted with it, of course miss fussy Peach turned her nose up. Hopefully she'll like the other flavours! Also got them the dog treats which are basically dehydrated pure cuts of fish (they're actually dog treats) and I think I've created addicts!

mymo wrote: »
    Toby does the same, if you leave the window open he goes in circles, out the back door, under the gate, in the livingroom window, and repeat about every 3 minutes!

I shut the window and he waves at me, then sits staring, looking all hard done by!

I am not getting a cold, I have too much to do, that tickling nose and throat, the sneezes, every bone in my body hurting, it's all in my head. I'm going to bed with a hot water bottle and a mug of tea!
    I have to be up at 4.30 :(

We've only ourselves to blame by creating the problem in the Summer.:D Feel better soon.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Just got the flippin' heebiejeebies my bloody puppy was sleeping with his eyes open. AGH.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

In the past 12 hours my two cats have suddenly developed a fascination with a plastic bag full of stuff that's been sitting in my living room for longer than they've been with me. Last night they just sat in front of it and stared at it for about an hour, not moving except for pawing at it occasionally. This morning when I let them into the living room again they did the same thing. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's got their interest all of a sudden :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    In the past 12 hours my two cats have suddenly developed a fascination with a plastic bag full of stuff that's been sitting in my living room for longer than they've been with me. Last night they just sat in front of it and stared at it for about an hour, not moving except for pawing at it occasionally. This morning when I let them into the living room again they did the same thing. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's got their interest all of a sudden :confused:

might be a fly or moth or spider "rustling" inside there?!
    Or your fastidious cats may be telling you its time to get rid of the plastic bag full of stuff thats been sitting there since they've arrived?!?!? :D
    Feng-shui Cats!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yooooooooooooooo just signed Lucy up for her first workshop... I hope she doesn't snooze through it lol! :pac:

Dandelion6 wrote: »

They might just be trying to freak you out for giggles. Like when they stare at a random part of the wall or just stare in fascination at nothing and you're left wondering if there's something in the room with you. :D

• Advertisement

What time is acceptable to go to bed early?

Oliver raided the bin last night, got me up at 2am and I had to clean it up, then went back to bed and couldn't sleep, got up at 4.15. Just got home and dogs want a walk, I want to sleeeeeep!

I remember the days when 4.15 was to early to go home, now it's a riciculus hour of the morning...I'm getting old :(

mymo wrote: »
    What time is acceptable to go to bed early?

Oliver raided the bin last night, got me up at 2am and I had to clean it up, then went back to bed and couldn't sleep, got up at 4.15. Just got home and dogs want a walk, I want to sleeeeeep!

I remember the days when 4.15 was to early to go home, now it's a riciculus hour of the morning...I'm getting old :(

I had a very broken sleep last night and my eyes are closing as I'm scrolling, but I can't justify going for a nap at this time of the day, try as I might.:D

I shouldn't laugh....but I'm just glad it wasn't Bailey!! :pac:

We had the dogs on a beach this morning, Rebel headed past us into a cove and I was about to snap a photo of him (I had my DSLR for a change) when we realised there was a man sitting on the rocks butt naked (it's a local swimming spot)... Well he gave Reb a fright and he decided to have a little bark at him - my friend had to go over and get him not knowing where to look! :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

tk123 wrote: »
    I shouldn't laugh....but I'm just glad it wasn't Bailey!! :pac:

We had the dogs on a beach this morning, Rebel headed past us into a cove and I was about to snap a photo of him (I had my DSLR for a change) when we realised there was a man sitting on the rocks butt naked (it's a local swimming spot)... Well he gave Reb a fright and he decided to have a little bark at him - my friend had to go over and get him not knowing where to look! :pac: :pac: :pac:

^^^^LOL:D:D

Squeak likes to sleep on feet things, she can't be the only cat to do this, slippers, my boots left open lying on the floor, a bunch of socks next to the washing machine. Now it's odd as she's female and does this all the time, then begs for knees to lie on.
    Kovu is the total opposite, he won't sleep on/around anyone except on my bed (yay 4am jumpies) but he switches his sleeping areas around so much it's hard to keep up. Today when I left he was on one of my hoodies in the sitting room, yesterday it was on top of the fridge where he pawed all the AI dockets up.
    His worst habit is finding my parents room open and going into my mothers lockers, he shredded up ever single bit of paper in mums and fell asleep, did it again a couple of weeks ago. He knows how to tip open the magnet closed doors, little ass.

Cats........:pac::D:confused:

Kovu wrote: »
    ^^^^LOL:D:D

Squeak likes to sleep on feet things, she can't be the only cat to do this, slippers, my boots left open lying on the floor, a bunch of socks next to the washing machine. Now it's odd as she's female and does this all the time, then begs for knees to lie on.
    Kovu is the total opposite, he won't sleep on/around anyone except on my bed (yay 4am jumpies) but he switches his sleeping areas around so much it's hard to keep up. Today when I left he was on one of my hoodies in the sitting room, yesterday it was on top of the fridge where he pawed all the AI dockets up.
    His worst habit is finding my parents room open and going into my mothers lockers, he shredded up ever single bit of paper in mums and fell asleep, did it again a couple of weeks ago. He knows how to tip open the magnet closed doors, little ass.

Cats........:pac::D:confused:

Sounds like our house. Jazzy can open kitchen drawers and the filing cabinet and climb in so we have to leave a weight against the filing cabinet so he doesn't throw files out and use the drawer as a nest. Felix loves to sit on slippers and stick his front paws in them, goes insane if you dangle a toy in an empty slipper. Toby doesn't sit on laps but follows me to bed and sleeps at my feet on the bed. Nothing is safe from Poppy sleeping on it. But all 4 are congregating in the living room since the evenings are a bit cooler so we had to buy some new pet beds for the living room so my husband and I could sit next to each other.:D

Try dropping a bouncy rubber ball into an open shoe........Squeak goes co-co crazy for it and will then stick her hear into the show and try to get it out for the next few seconds, which she does. And repeat :D

Um....Kovu likes live things. And pens. And earbuds. He's also managed to fcuk up his legs again, have any of you heard of the eosinophilic granuloma complex? Because it seems so similar to what he's going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Got the Fido micro-chipping cert the other day and an invite to apply for a free bag of Royal Canin. The voucher should come soon - it'll be for 500g-4kg (?) from Petstop in Carrickmines. Anyone suggest a worthy rescue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Trying my best to crochet a slouch beanie here, Opie keeps licking my hand like it's slathered in chocolate and then rubbing his hairy face and neck all over it.

I see why so many crafters make their office a pet-free zone. Thankfully this hat is for me, or else some poor client would be getting a piece of douge as a surprise gift :pac:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I see why so many crafters make their office a pet-free zone. Thankfully this hat is for me, or else some poor client would be getting a piece of douge as a surprise gift :pac:

I make soap and stuff, I have to hoover and wipe down the kitchen, then lock soap into a spare room to cure away from animals or I'd have hairy soap, or body butter!

I gotta say I'm really delighted with the calming effect the lavender oil is having on our 4 cats. I'm not really a fan of that kind of thing but after things flared up between Felix and Toby again I was willing to try anything. My parents have 4 cats of their own and at least 3 neighbours cats that visit multiple times every day and they all get on with little or no squabbles:eek:, she puts it down to the lavender bushes they have. So I got a bottle of pure lavender oil and put a few drops on a Q tip and taped it on the living room door frame, out of their reach and it's amazing what a difference it's made.

• Advertisement

I forget if I showed you this or not but.....I got bored one day.

Kovu wrote: »
    I forget if I showed you this or not but.....I got bored one day.

You can come to our house and trim Poppy's claws if you like:D She's such a nightmare when it comes to her paws but the nails have to be trimmed because her pads are so large the claws don't wear down and because she's so panicky I have to get her when she's sleepy. Usually I'll only get one at a time before she starts tucking the paw under herself:rolleyes:

So boldface Bailey had brunch at the beach on Sunday morning and ate a ton of seaweed - every time I told him to leave it he did and then waited until my back was turned to gobble more of it. He puked some of it up yesterday and the rest is coming in explosive diarrhoea.. the thing is it's mostly gas/water and it sounds like somebody is squeezing a whoopie cushion/making cartoon fart noises. He was out 3 times during the night - silence and then FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART. I had to run in last night so I wouldn't roar laughing outside lol!! :pac::pac::pac: I'm home now to keep an eye on them because Lucy had an upset tummy yesterday/last night too but seems fine now. Both panned out asleep on my bed and dare I type it - haven't asked for dinner...which is brilliant because I don't want to give Bailey anything for the time being.

OH and this morning we were walking along in the park 'hey who's that dog?! Holy crap a FOX' - it was HUGE - really fluffy looking and did a double take at us then took off with Lucy running behind.. Jumped thru the railings, across the main road and up a quite road - and Lucy's head sticking out the railings looking! Both dogs were in shock after it running around sniffing the grass thinking WTF was that!?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

^^

While not a fox - our three cornered one of next doors cats into the kennels yesterday:eek:, They're not it use at the minute and one of the cats had come in and settled onto a corner of a tarpaulin that was covering a table. All I could hear was hissing and spitting from the cat and crazy barking from the dogs, it was like they couldn't believe it, it was a mixture of excitement and disbelief, and a little bit of "oh crap, we've cornered something and now we've been caught with it"

Eventually after getting the dogs inside I managed to get the cat to go too, it was quite small, so I assumed female, I was just delighted there wasn't a litter of kittens there as well. Hopefully the cat will think twice before using one of our buildings for a nap, even with our three it's been unusually quiet at our place so it must have gotten brave.

I'd only just put my phone into my backpack after taking photos of the mandarin ducks - would have loved a photo or video of it because it was so big!! The last one we saw was much smaller!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

We're heading over to Scotland this weekend to represent Ireland at the ECF European canicross championships. We're in bikejoring and scootering, and will probably take part in the team relay on Sunday, I have a feeling I'm going to draw the short straw and will have to do the running bit of it. Really looking forward to meeting people from other European countries, but the nerves have started, and I'm wondering why the hell I thought I could do this with two rescue huskies. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭sdp

Best of luck Muddypaws, is there any way we can follow progress? would love to see it
    as they say nerves are always a good thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

muddypaws wrote: »
    We're heading over to Scotland this weekend to represent Ireland at the ECF European canicross championships. We're in bikejoring and scootering, and will probably take part in the team relay on Sunday, I have a feeling I'm going to draw the short straw and will have to do the running bit of it. Really looking forward to meeting people from other European countries, but the nerves have started, and I'm wondering why the hell I thought I could do this with two rescue huskies. :eek:

Post some pictures when you get back of the dogs in the rigs? GOOD LUCK to you all. Lovely to think that huskies that were rescued, are getting to compete like this - lucky dogs to have been rehomed with you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Anyone else having problems with the site on mobile? Threads are disappearing, getting weird 404 errors and I can't see pictures, been happening since before the weekend?

• Advertisement

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems with the site on mobile? Threads are disappearing, getting weird 404 errors and I can't see pictures, been happening since before the weekend?

Yep just on the touch site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement