Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:o I bought a poo findfing light for the flexi lead at lunchtime lol!!:o I've gone from hating them (the one I had years ago was HEAVY but this one is light and fits in my pocket) to pimping the thing out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

tk123 wrote: »
    :o I bought a poo findfing light for the flexi lead at lunchtime lol!!:o I've gone from hating them (the one I had years ago was HEAVY but this one is light and fits in my pocket) to pimping the thing out!

ok now that makes you officially a sad sad dog-slave :D

aonb wrote: »
    ok now that makes you officially a sad sad dog-slave :D

I know lol!! It's just so handy for Bailey atm while he's healing! He has sub-dermal stitches and glue so don't want to risk letting him off and opening it up(!) He can still have a good bit of freedom with the flexi... The same if I have them clipped together i can let them wander a bit without asking them to wait all the time so I can catch up! I've established this week that Bailey definitely does knows right and left - I thought it was a fluke when I was saying it to him before lol! I can't remember when I thought him that.. but have been playing it when we're walking so he still has fun on lead and he thinks he's great for turning :p

I know lol!! It's just so handy for Bailey atm while he's healing! He has sub-dermal stitches and glue so don't want to risk letting him off and opening it up(!) He can still have a good bit of freedom with the flexi... The same if I have them clipped together i can let them wander a bit without asking them to wait all the time so I can catch up! I've established this week that Bailey definitely does knows right and left - I thought it was a fluke when I was saying it to him before lol! I can't remember when I thought him that.. but have been playing it when we're walking so he still has fun on lead and he thinks he's great for turning :p

Impressive - cute AND clever Bailey!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

So, Toby suddenly started limping, and was very angry, took him to the vet last night and he had an abscess that burst between his pads. Probably from a bite of a rat or from fighting.
    The vet that saw him last time let the new guy see him, it took both of them in the end to look at his paw, and he still drew blood, but was happy once they have him pain killers and anti inflams.
    Got to bring him back Monday for more and a wound check, hopefully he'll be feeling better and less angry. Hes normally such a friendly cat, but doesn't tolerate anyone when in pain.

• Advertisement

Oh poor Toby!!

All good with Bailey's wound check yesterday so just waiting for histology results which fingers crossed will be nothing dodgy(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Poor Cream is sick again, apparently he ate his dinner this evening but I didn't see him, he wouldn't take any of his chicken strip treats, wouldn't eat any of the chicken from my own dinner that I gave him, when I gave him a dreamie he spat it out and cried, wouldn't even look at his bowl of dry food and when I tried opening his mouth to have a look he screamed the place down and his gum line is very red :( just gave him some metacam to try ease off the pain so he can eat again but it looks like it'll be off to the vets if he;s not better by friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Poor Cream is sick again, apparently he ate his dinner this evening but I didn't see him, he wouldn't take any of his chicken strip treats, wouldn't eat any of the chicken from my own dinner that I gave him, when I gave him a dreamie he spat it out and cried, wouldn't even look at his bowl of dry food and when I tried opening his mouth to have a look he screamed the place down and his gum line is very red :( just gave him some metacam to try ease off the pain so he can eat again but it looks like it'll be off to the vets if he;s not better by friday :(

None of our visiting cats ever refuse a Dreamie. :-/
    Fingers crossed that Cream is peachy soon. He's a lucky lad to have such an attentive human.

Ah poor Cream. Well Bailey doesn't have cancer - which is news and of course a relief to me because I didn't know we thought he might have it(!) I'm assuming they didn't say anything to me for fear I'd collapse with stress lol!! :p Another 10 days of antibiotics and check-up next week. Let him off lead for a jaunt this morning and he running around with Lucy for ages.

This morning he was asleep on the top bunk when I woke up which is new.. then he got up and turned around opening the curtain with his bum and exposing me to the world in my undies!! Luckily nobody was outside lol :pac:

Great news about Bailey!

Cream is feeling much better tonight, don't know if it's just the effect from the metacam but he's eating all of the little sample of nice food I brought home for him from work!

• Advertisement

**sob sob sob**:o My friend and walking buddy is moving to Cork (from Dublin) The last few years I've gotten them a photo calendar with photos of Rebel when I was doing ours but was thinking of getting a photo printed onto canvas as a house warming gift? I'd love to get a portrait but it's a bit out of my price range. Opinions? This is the photo I'm thinking of atm ( this one is resized so has lost a bit of quality - I'd be printing from the original so better quality and more vibrant)

369866.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

**sob sob sob**:o My friend and walking buddy is moving to Cork (from Dublin) The last few years I've gotten them a photo calendar with photos of Rebel when I was doing ours but was thinking of getting a photo printed onto canvas as a house warming gift? I'd love to get a portrait but it's a bit out of my price range. Opinions? This is the photo I'm thinking of atm ( this one is resized so has lost a bit of quality - I'd be printing from the original so better quality and more vibrant)

369866.jpeg

I got a fabulous portrait A3 size painted for €55... i can send you over her details if you want...

cocker5 wrote: »
    I got a fabulous portrait A3 size painted for €55... i can send you over her details if you want...

Oh yes pls!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Oh yes pls!

https://www.facebook.com/Joannas-Portraits-1515526625355752/

Here's the lady i recently used.. send her a message on facebook, i paid €55 for an A3 acrylic painting.. and she did a fab job - plus free delivery
    (her real name is April)

take a look at some of her stuff on her page.. she is great :D

Brought cream to the vet just in case, always judge your gut! He has bad gingivitis and possible ear mites or ear infection, they were really really grotty :( he had a good clean out of the ears, an antibiotic injection and will be given a dose of advocate when the frontline wears off. My poor buddy :(

I sent a photo of Pepper to a woman who for £25 did a lovely watercolour - about twice A4 size - is that A3? PM me if you want her contact details, and I can forward you a photo of the picture she painted - I was delighted with it - she emailed me some 'in progress' photos of the painting, and I could make changes/suggestions (e.g. background or blanket colour) - and of the final version to see if I was happy with it before paying her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I've been away for the weekend, 4 days, daughter is home with all the animals, but I'm missing them all terribly, can't wait to get home tonight.
    (I'm missing daughter too, not just animals ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

mymo wrote: »
    I've been away for the weekend, 4 days, daughter is home with all the animals, but I'm missing them all terribly, can't wait to get home tonight.

LOL, I was just gone overnight last week, and I spent 20 minutes before I went to bed looking at my iPhone pictures of the cats, I missed them so much!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I had never heard of this up until a week or so ago. Was in TK Maxx with the missus and spotted one of the books, thought it humorous so bought it. After reading about the author I discovered the YouTube channel. If you had or have a cat you may find them hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH6vXjt-BA7QHl0KnfL-7RQ

Bailey is after getting stiff the last few weeks in one hock - in fairness after he's been running WILD after squirrels so I need to restrict him a bit. On one hand I'm not THAT worried....on the other I kind of wish now I had of got him xrayed last week when he was in 2 weeks ago for the lump removal >_< He's going over tomorrow for a wound check and his 6 month bloods anyways so going to ask the vet to examine him again and see what she thinks. I'd seen an improvement with the YuMove (in fairness we're only 3 weeks into the loading dose - i wasn't giving him enough oops!!) but he seems to have had a set back after the weekend - again when he was running AMOK looking for squirrels/bunnies/pheasants and swimming in the flooded park.
    At least I can use this an excuse to be a bit lazy and have shorter evening walks lol!!:o Our short walk passes the vets - he'll step out into the parking spaces if I let him to not actually pass the door of the vets while nosey Lucy has to have a gawk in - the other evening somebody went to open the door thinking we were waiting to come in I was that long trying to get her to walk past lol!! Any dogs in the waiting room and she had her nose pressed to the glass! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Poor Bailey, he's had enough of vets! Our young dog has finally recovered pretty much from Cruciate replacement. Using his leg all the time now. This evening my husband was playing tug-of-war with him, and he fell over (the dog not the husband!) and my poor husband nearly had a heart attack! We are really paranoid about minding his leg now, and even more paranoid that he not damage the other one! He is passionate about chasing after balls & sticks, and is so very sad when we dont play that game with him any more :(

It's hard restricting them but SO worth it when they're all healed up and running around again. Bailey had his operations when we had the 2 cold winters with all the snow - he missed it all! This is the first time in the 5 years since the surgery that he's been sore like this that I can remember. Last time he pulled something he just needed rest so that's probably all it is - I'm resting him during the week then letting him run WILD after squirrels at the weekend so probably my fault for not being tough enough!

Is hydro an option for your boy? I miss it because I found it kept Bailey's muscles strong and helped relax his back but he wasn't happy being lifted into the pool after the jaw surgery so we had to stop. There is another one in Kildare but this one was 15 mins away so really handy and flexible with appointment times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Teddy just chewed a quarter of one finger off my new glove, now I can use my phone without taking my glove off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I dreamed last night that Sammy went missing and I thought he was gone for good :eek: Was sooo happy and relieved to wake up to him snuggled up next to me as usual! t09016.gif

God what a visit to the vets yesterday evening - it was full of cats and yappy small dogs giving out to Bailey - for once Bailey was relieved to go into the examining room away from them lol! :p He has pulled muscles like I suspected so I need to restrict him a bit more and let him heal - ie put him back on lead before we get to squirrel town in the park lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Swanson has to go on a diet, he's no longer "just fluffy", definitely reaching pudgy stage now.

I'm not completely sure how to feed one cat less so he'll lose weight and one cat more because he's a growing kitten but I'll work it out...

reallyrose wrote: »
    Swanson has to go on a diet, he's no longer "just fluffy", definitely reaching pudgy stage now.

I'm not completely sure how to feed one cat less so he'll lose weight and one cat more because he's a growing kitten but I'll work it out...

That's a tricky one - with the dogs they gobble up what they're given straight away so I don't have a problem giving one more than the other - but are the cats grazers with food left out all the time?

Cream really isn't a happy chap at the moment, had him back at the vet on Friday and in the space of a week his ears were just as filthy as they were the week before so she said it has to be ear mites :( he's getting drops in every day now and thankfully they don't look even half as grotty so far, all three have been treated with an advocate and I need to wash out all of their ears later this week in case the other two caught it. Cream has always had really mucky ears since he was a kitten but they were so much worse, hopefully this should clear it all out! Feel like such a negletful owner not realising he has mites and just putting it down to his usually grotty ears :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Where would I find a back pack for a Newfie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

That's a tricky one - with the dogs they gobble up what they're given straight away so I don't have a problem giving one more than the other - but are the cats grazers with food left out all the time?

They're grazers. They actually won't eat all in one go. Swanson won't even eat wet food all in one go, he leaves some til later. (Or these days, Henry scarfs it first)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement