Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Does anyone feed smilla cat food cans? Just going through zooplus looking to cut down costs and that seems to work out cheapest for what seems to be a decent food, anyone have opinions on it?

Iv fed the adult smilla tins to Jesse for over a year and the kitten tins to Freya for the last 6 months, plan to put her on the adult tins in the next 2 months. I'm very happy with it, it's one of the cheaper higher quality foods and the two of them have lovely shiny coats. Have never had any problems with either of them eating it but neither of them are fussy eaters. It's a mushy pate consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Somebody on a BARF FB group is having a baby (by c-section) in a few days and is asking if it's ok to feed the placenta to the dogs(!)

W
    T
    F

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Somebody on a BARF FB group is having a baby (by c-section) in a few days and is asking if it's ok to feed the placenta to the dogs(!)

W
    T
    F

Well it is meant to be highly nutritious!
    But that is a bit beyond what's acceptable to feed your dog!
    I have no problem handling raw meat but I know what a real life placenta looks like and its rotten!!

C'Mon dogs!!! DinDins!! Come and get your placenta!!! :p BLEUGH Then the trauma of picking up the placenta poo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We're thinking of getting Shade a little friend to keep her company when we're not there. She's such a sweet cat and I think she gets a little lonely during the day. All she wants are cuddles. And as she gets used to the place she's gotten SO cheeky and playful I think it would be great for her to have another cat to play with. She was fostered in a house with loads of animals for nearly 18 months so hopefully the introduction wouldn't be too traumatic for everyone... There are a couple of beautiful one-eyed cats up for adoption at the same rescue we got her from... I'd love to give another a home since we're so used to Shade now and I know how long the "imperfect" animals have to wait to get a home...

URGH TEMPATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

We're thinking of getting Shade a little friend to keep her company when we're not there. She's such a sweet cat and I think she gets a little lonely during the day. All she wants are cuddles. And as she gets used to the place she's gotten SO cheeky and playful I think it would be great for her to have another cat to play with. She was fostered in a house with loads of animals for nearly 18 months so hopefully the introduction wouldn't be too traumatic for everyone... There are a couple of beautiful one-eyed cats up for adoption at the same rescue we got her from... I'd love to give another a home since we're so used to Shade now and I know how long the "imperfect" animals have to wait to get a home...

I KNOW!!!

I said we'd wait at least a year to get a second dog but in 3 months our first has settled so well and an evil little voice in the back of my head keeps pointing out how much she comes out of herself when she meets other dogs. I'm going to be sensible and hold-off, but I have an obsession with scouring rescue websites....

Blasted zooplus!! I want a coat for Bailey - don't have his size on zooplus.ie and shock horror it's on zooplus.de! Why do they have to have all these crapbox regional websites when it all comes from the same warehouse!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I KNOW!!!

I said we'd wait at least a year to get a second dog but in 3 months our first has settled so well and an evil little voice in the back of my head keeps pointing out how much she comes out of herself when she meets other dogs. I'm going to be sensible and hold-off, but I have an obsession with scouring rescue websites....

Well Shade has been with us 9 months so I'm happy enough we've given her time to settle. Need to think about the logistics of it (tbh main thing is where we'd put another litter tray...) but I'd love to do it. Ok so food and vet bills would double but other than that... :P

Need to think about the logistics of it (tbh main thing is where we'd put another litter tray...) but I'd love to do it. Ok so food and vet bills would double but other than that... :P

My rather more sensible other half has even pointed out that we'd need to get a bigger car if we got a second dog that was a similar size to the first.

... And somehow I still find myself on rescue sites. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My rather more sensible other half has even pointed out that we'd need to get a bigger car if we got a second dog that was a similar size to the first :

How big is your dog and car?
    I have a fiesta and my two (medium and small) have loads of room in the boot, even fit their border collie friend in sometimes, and once another collie too. (They were a bit squished and all had to sit up nicely)

You could always get a little friend, doesn't have to be same size!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I would totally do this. I got Sammy a friend after about six months so he wouldn't get lonely during the day. You wouldn't believe how well it's worked out - he and Cookie just love each other to death, and are always kissing and cuddling and sleeping curled up together. And I feel a lot less guilty when I have to be out of the house for a long time. Make sure you get one with a similar temperament, though, and take the introduction slowly - some good tips here.

And yes, I still look at rescue sites, even though I definitely can't afford a third!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ihatewinter

I had to go and get the car washed and I brought my elderly dog Poppy who's 15. She loved the noise and the water hitting the car. She jumped around and barked like a puppy. It was lovely to see her enjoying something. She had a stroke about 7 weeks ago and her back legs are permanently weak so she can't walk far. She was so active beforehand as she was still a working dog and then to go to limited movement has been hard on both of us. But I suppose she's still here in 2016 which I'm 100% grateful for. :):D

mymo wrote: »
    How big is your dog and car?
    I have a fiesta and my two (medium and small) have loads of room in the boot, even fit their border collie friend in sometimes, and once another collie too. (They were a bit squished and all had to sit up nicely)

You could always get a little friend, doesn't have to be same size!

They're both saloon cars so she stretches out on the back seat in a harness. I'll just need to save up for a van or a jeep (or a hatchback!) to extend the doggy family! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I fell yesterday morning and bruised my coxix and pulled something in my leg so I'm having a few days off. Dogs didn't get their walk last night or this morning and are bouncing off the walls. I'm off to the docs in a while so will chance a short walk when I come back.

They're both saloon cars so she stretches out on the back seat in a harness. I'll just need to save up for a van or a jeep (or a hatchback!) to extend the doggy family! ;)

I think I could fit a few more in here considering 2 are lounging lol! :p
    373865.JPG

So the beds that I got in Equipet that I posted on the BA thread, I hoped they'd be big enough for sharing - 3 dogs on 2 beds...not this type of sharing!:D

Hbyl6rzl.jpg

^ I've often thought of curling up on one of the Hi-K9s when I'm being crushed in my own bed by dog(s) lol

^ I've often thought of curling up on one of the Hi-K9s when I'm being crushed in my own bed by dog(s) lol

I know you're small, but are you short enough to fit on a Hi-K9!! He's not - he's 6-3!! He says the beds are very comfy!!

I know you're small, but are you short enough to fit on a Hi-K9!! He's not - he's 6-3!! He says the beds are very comfy!!

Sometimes I'm that squashed the hi-k9 would be more room lol! ::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Spent 15 minutes searching the house for Teddy, looked in wardrobes and everywhere. Eventually found him in the downstairs toilet. He must have gone in and shut the door behind himself. I had already looked in there twice but he must have been standing behind the door lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Had to bring Kovu and Squeak in for vac's today. Squeak is not a fan of cars/vans/jeeps/anything vehicular.

Yowl yowl yowl all the way in.

Yowl yowl yowl all the way out.

Kovu opened his cat carrier zip and escaped from yowling to the wheel carrier above the drivers seat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Realised last night I only had one cat's worth of their dinner left so I split it up between the two of them and topped it up with half an egg yolk each. Wasn't sure how it would go down (I've never fed them egg yolks before) but they lapped it up, literally. They always lick their dishes dry but they seemed particularly enthusiastic about it this time. Now I understand why Cookie is always so interested in my Sunday fry-up!

That poor GSD shot in the head and dumped - which I hadn't of clicked into that story :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

So I just enabled avatars on boards.ie...

...forgot I had them turned off.

Well that's opened up a whole new world lol!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

I was in MaxiZoo earlier and the had a nice looking coat in Bailey's size.. Nice looking in the picture but I had a little feel of the material and it was vinyl lol - he would have looked like a pilot's dog in a vinyl coat with white fur inside!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've been having a think about it, and because it seems like Dude is 98% recovered, I think we're going to take a dive back into cat shows with him again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Well he'll certainly win the luckiest cat prize:)

In the park the other morning 'Gillian!! Gillllliiiiaaan come on!GILLIAN" etc etc I was looking around trying to see this bold little girl.. No - a Yorkie! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

In the park the other morning 'Gillian!! Gillllliiiiaaan come on!GILLIAN" etc etc I was looking around trying to see this bold little girl.. No - a Yorkie! :p

I lurk in here but had to post as this made me laugh so much! Bob has a safety mechanism, in that if he's off lead and ignoring you calling him Robert gets him straight back and good as gold! We never purposely trained him but obviously somewhere along the way he picked up on the fact that Robert means business!

I was in the park calling and calling one day and eventually resorted to Robert, and as usual he came straight back and sat at my feet. As I was leaving the park a couple came up still crying laughing to tell me how his bratty carry on had made their day! I was a bit embarrassed but it must have been hilarious from their point of view!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I'm nearly crying laughing here at Gillian and Robert!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement