Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Looking at the kitten with new eyes since vets visit this morning.

I don't think he is going to make it. He has less energy each day.

Either way. We will look after him. He won't be alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Kovu wrote: »
    LivingSocial.com have a pretty cool voucher at the minute- €12 for a €20 voucher to spend on pet products at Maxi Zoo :)

Link is here.

Ooooooh thanks - i had my eyes on chews last week and decided to wait in case a voucher came up. :pac:

My mum has been in hospital since last week and came home this afternoon - the dogs are GLUED to her lol! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Looking at the kitten with new eyes since vets visit this morning.

I don't think he is going to make it. He has less energy each day.

Either way. We will look after him. He won't be alone.

Oh I'm sorry to hear that Queen-Mise :( Such a cute little mite as well. But regardless of whether he lives or not, take comfort in the fact that you made his time on this planet memorable and gave him a loving home when he needed it most.
    I'll be keeping all my fingers crossed for him to be bouncy bouncing all round the house with new-found energy soon!

I really don't want to sound melodramatic about it.

We were kinda in denial about it and then of course we had a family funeral last week. And that distracted us a lot.

Was just in stroking him and he is barely rousing at all.

The youngest daughter was very upset. Trying to explain because we are taking in feral kittens they haven't had best start to life. Who knows what the mammy cat was like.

Oh well. We will keep him warm and in company tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Bought our future dwarf hammies their cage last weekend and all of the stuff :D It's so exciting buying everything for a new pet!
    Just a sand bath and sand to get now and some yummy chewie treats <3

Cage, bottle, food bowl, silent spinner wheel, food, bedding, sawdust and everything got so far :D

The cage we got has just a wire top, the rest is plastic but good and insulated (as our house can get quite cold if the sun isn't out!) and all of this was just 60euro :D Thank you MaxiZoo!

Also - the food we got is great! It has mealworms, as well as seeds, fruit, veg and other stuff!

Can you tell I am SUPER excited? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I really don't want to sound melodramatic about it.

We were kinda in denial about it and then of course we had a family funeral last week. And that distracted us a lot.

Was just in stroking him and he is barely rousing at all.

The youngest daughter was very upset. Trying to explain because we are taking in feral kittens they haven't had best start to life. Who knows what the mammy cat was like.

Oh well. We will keep him warm and in company tonight.

Sorry for double posting but I just wanted to say sorry about your little guy...I had a wild kitten like this.. but it is good that you could give him the life that you have given him so far.

My best wishes are with you..

Any update on the kitten Queen-Mise? I'd name him Tiny Tim btw :)

He was put down this morning.

He had a progressive neurological condition the vet thinks.

Ah it's sad. Shame as such a beautiful kitten.

So sorry to read this Queen Mise. He was so fortunate to have had you to look after him in his short time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

RIP. But I want to echo what the others have said. You gave him a wonderful gift. He died warm and loved. If only they were all so lucky.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't like to think of him being in pain. The vet said he wasn't.
    The progression between Monday and this morning was astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Fully believe this should be the poster for everyone considering getting a collie pup for Xmas/Valentine's/Birthdays for kids.

7534e3a9-aae3-4c5f-a0ca-b2dcbeef89b7.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Mine does something similar! ! I must try and capture it - it's hilarious to watch!

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Mine does something similar! ! I must try and capture it - it's hilarious to watch!

Theyre such a special kind of special.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Theyre such a special kind of special.

And on that note.... This made me laugh...

http://buzzsharer.com/2015/07/10-reasons-border-collies-are-the-worst-breed-ever/

Literally just saw that on a local rescue's FB page, the first pic is the image of my Opie!

Literally just saw that on a local rescue's FB page, the first pic is the image of my Opie!

and no 7 is something Elly would do!

and no 7 is something Elly would do!

My old boy Shadow once climbed half-way up the nets of a goal post in a park in front of my mum's and got stuck there. Took us AGES to find him.

My old boy Shadow once climbed half-way up the nets of a goal post in a park in front of my mum's and got stuck there. Took us AGES to find him.

I have no words......

I have no words......

The collie brains!

Could hear a biscuit packet being opened through solid concrete walls.
    Sometimes forgot to jump when running at something he wanted up on.

Opie will independently perform all the tricks we taught him in succession if we have anything he wants.
    He also sometimes attacks his own leg if it scratches his ear too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

The collie brains!

Opie will independently perform all the tricks we taught him in succession if we have anything he wants.

That sounds like my boy but he's no collie, he face planted into back of the sofa on Monday, he leapt up and forgot to hit the brakes, bum in the air and all!
    Sometimes he does the most amazing things, sometimes amazingly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The collie brains!

One of my favourite things to do with poor Bob (also a collie) is to stand there holding a treat and watch as he sits, lies, gives the left paw, gives the right paw, rolls over, jumps, dances and then starts all over again. I think that makes me a bad person but bless him, it's just too funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

TG1 wrote: »
    One of my favourite things to do with poor Bob (also a collie) is to stand there holding a treat and watch as he sits, lies, gives the left paw, gives the right paw, rolls over, jumps, dances and then starts all over again. I think that makes me a bad person but bless him, it's just too funny!

I love doing that with my sheltie, Pepper. If I have a piece of sausage she will generally run around in circles, go backwards, find things to put her paws on or find something to run around. And if she runs out of ideas she just barks at me. I actually taught her that the word "what?" means do a trick but whatever one she feels like doing.

The puppy, Disney, is starting to pick it up as well. Though she just circles then sits and if that doesn't work she will try and stay sitting while also doing back.

I love weird dogs, especially clever weird dogs

I had a cheeky go of the zip line in the park this morning since it was raining and half empty. The dogs couldn't handle the excitement of it and went CRAZY with zoomies and chasing each other lol! :pac: Wish I had of recorded it!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

TG1 wrote: »

Ross, my lab, does the same :D . He also does that if the treat is too nice (like a bit of meat) or if I introduce a command he has never be taught yet. Poor wee guy, what can he do ?Sometimes emotions are so intense they create a short circuit in his brains :o .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Mo took up canicross at the weekend. A short experiment late on Friday night when the streets were quiet followed by a more ambitious two miler on Saturday afternoon. I'd normally never walk him at 6pm because there are too many dogs, buses, buggies, cars and other things he doesn't like but passing them at speed made it all so much easier.

He slept most of Sunday and hit calmness levels we normally only after a weekend on the farm.

We may have found the answer to his demented energy levels. I hope to take him out for another run tomorrow night if my back has recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

hardCopy wrote: »
    Mo took up canicross at the weekend. A short experiment late on Friday night when the streets were quiet followed by a more ambitious two miler on Saturday afternoon. I'd normally never walk him at 6pm because there are too many dogs, buses, buggies, cars and other things he doesn't like but passing them at speed made it all so much easier.

He slept most of Sunday and hit calmness levels we normally only after a weekend on the farm.

We may have found the answer to his demented energy levels. I hope to take him out for another run tomorrow night if my back has recovered.

Its funny isn't how, how focused they can become when they are working. I have an almost 12 month old pup here, he is a big fool, wants to explore everything, jump up on everyone. Put a harness on him and he just focuses completely and will go past everything - except plastic bottles, we're still working on that one :P

Have fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Seriously dog, stop farting. I don't want to have to get a hazmat suit for my birthday.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I just dropped €150 on cat toys and activities and accessories.

What is wrong with me? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Alicat wrote: »
    I just dropped €150 on cat toys and activities and accessories.

What is wrong with me? :pac:

Nothing. You're one of us. One of usss.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement