Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

What info do they want off farmers?
    I notice on the fundrazr page that 'Christine Freke' comments in two very different styles, one with perfect grammar & one with none. :rolleyes:

I am just so shocked people are falling for it... I hope they don't get much money now off people..

Such weirdos really why would you bother....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

GAH! GSD being "corrected" with a choke chain today in the park. Why is it always GSDs with choke chain and prong collars!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

tk123 wrote: »
    GAH! GSD being "corrected" with a choke chain today in the park. Why is it always GSDs with choke chain and prong collars!?

It's always GSDs because they're such difficult dogs to own, very hard to train because they don't want to work with you, not at all. Only big, tough men can train them... ;)
    29WToYH.jpg?1
    (But really, GSD breed groups on Facebook are a nightmare to read for enlightened/educated dog owners...)

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Met a small white maltishihpoocockachon (or whatever the going word is these days) being corrected with a choker, poor thing looked so relieved after he got a harness on!

https://m.facebook.com/Search-for-Dante-Exposed-570106083154418/

Makes for very interesting reading. They have screen shots of things I missed.. Deleted before I saw them. Like the k9 tracker they needed to raise $1000 for, who had told them he was never coming. Apparently local people say there was never any searches carried out and no posters put up. People who asked to help search were told to add their names to a list for all to see but then were never contacted to actually arrange a search and of course blocked when they mentioned this.
    Scary that this is allowed to continue and people are actually donating money!
    They also pointed out that they are constantly keeping people hanging on by pretending to have sightings of a similar dog 'nearby' but then ages later saying nope not him.
    At the moment they have a pic of a dog sighted in dorset, dublin up the north of Ireland. Jebus!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

https://m.facebook.com/Search-for-Dante-Exposed-570106083154418/

Makes for very interesting reading. They have screen shots of things I missed.. Deleted before I saw them. Like the k9 tracker they needed to raise $1000 for, who had told them he was never coming. Apparently local people say there was never any searches carried out and no posters put up. People who asked to help search were told to add their names to a list for all to see but then were never contacted to actually arrange a search and of course blocked when they mentioned this.
    Scary that this is allowed to continue and people are actually donating money!
    They also pointed out that they are constantly keeping people hanging on by pretending to have sightings of a similar dog 'nearby' but then ages later saying nope not him.
    At the moment they have a pic of a dog sighted in dorset, dublin up the north of Ireland. Jebus!

Well, thats a long way from Cork, so you can't expect the landowner to know where it is exactly lol

So scarey how easily people can be manipulated on social media.

Yeah I see they are back now to putting up these candle posts and all this.. And as mentioned taken down all other information...

On another note, oh I must say the fun of moving and with a cat is just well fun and not so fun.. Cannot say enough for those feliway plug ins.. Mum was laughing kinda saying and do you think they work, which i cant say i know all what they do but they defo do something the cat is nice and relaxed is... Despite being clung to us and having little face offs with the other cat of the house...

:eek: :eek: :eek: GaaaaAH!!! Lucy is asleep with her head on the arm of the couch beside me... Her eye is open and third eyelid across!! Puke puke puke :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

That Dante page is getting kinda ridiculous with phychics being brought in..

On another note! Dude has had a tummy bug the last few days, meaning bath time again tonight since it seems to have cleared.. (Fingers crossed). Also means a deep clean of the cat room so all vet beds, bowls, floors and surfaces are getting scrubbed!
    That'll teach me for giving them a few different types of wet food over the space of a couple of days, back to plain I/D and applaws dry for poor auld doodles!

was looking at it too, over lunch,.mad there seems to be just the one main posted on it now..cant see why they haven't shut it down yet..

Hope the Dude feels better soon.. I find the cat food very hard to judge or well to find a good one.. So much crap in them.. The vets gave us the Royal c/d is it or the other one for his infections. Tis nearly €20 a 1.5kg bag.. So started buying from Zoo plus, ordered the Royal Sensible 33 food which fingers crossed will suit him now and I get the cosma nature tins from him. I actually tasted it myself one day tis chicken looks like something you would get in a salad... Sometimes it seems like a lot of money but it saves on the vet bills and the pain....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I remember seeing posts by a rescue about the very sad looking lurcher type, but the colour of the coat and facial markings make no sense when compared to the Afghan that's missing!
    Am I missing something here? :o

The posts about divided areas of the maps and bullying people in search areas to essentially drop what they are doing to look for the dog, map the area, put up posters AND report back is just mental!

I think initially it looking was for an Afhgan Dante but now its for this random lurcher looking dog that may or may not exist..but then they say it's for other lost dogs!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I think initially it looking was for an Afhgan Dante but now its for this random lurcher looking dog that may or may not exist..but then they say it's for other lost dogs!?!

Yeah see why waste all that effort on finding a dog that almost certainly seems to not be the dog they are looking for?
    Well, not waste as surely the dog deserves to be safe, obviously. But they seem to be driving to find this lurcher type who likely has no home whatsoever and will just end up in an over-packed rescue and likely none of those raised funds will ever see the vet treating the poor thing :(

Yep,,,,With all the reports that have gone to facebook I still cant see why it is being allowed stay up.... Just goes to show what people can do on facebook

Milly33 wrote: »
    Yep,,,,With all the reports that have gone to facebook I still cant see why it is being allowed stay up.... Just goes to show what people can do on facebook

I can't even look at it anymore. Very disturbing to see so many mentally unstable people all in the one place!

On the other hand I can't stop looking at the bring nastro home fb page. My heart absolutely breaks for that family. I can hear from her posts that they love that dog the way I love mine. They've found and returned so many straying samyoeds in the search for their own. I don't know how their hearts can stand it!

Just looked it up poor chap.. There are so many dogs going missing now tis scary must be heartbreaking alright..I do wonder though with some how many are actually picked up and just not returned. After hearing a storey lately about a dog being purchased and taken to the vet. He was chipped and the vet said sure it went missing years ago no point in contacting the family..

Was shocked makes you wonder how many do this.. I hope if either of mine went missing and someone found them they would return them but some people don't.. Thinking there even a cat of ours strayed into the neighbours we thought he was dead for years and he arrived and it turned out the neighbours had him all the time

Just looked it up poor chap.. There are so many dogs going missing now tis scary must be heartbreaking alright..I do wonder though with some how many are actually picked up and just not returned. After hearing a storey lately about a dog being purchased and taken to the vet. He was chipped and the vet said sure it went missing years ago no point in contacting the family..

Was shocked makes you wonder how many do this.. I hope if either of mine went missing and someone found them they would return them but some people don't.. Thinking there even a cat of ours strayed into the neighbours we thought he was dead for years and he arrived and it turned out the neighbours had him all the time

That is shocking! I read recently about a dog who went missing. A woman found him and advertised him as found on donedeal. Some random person came forward and said it was his and she just handed the dog over. The real owner saw it and got in contact but it was too late. She still hasn't been able to locate him. What's up with people? Good luck to anyone trying to get an animal off me without really convincing proof of ownership!

A bit much alright. Like why wouldn't you ask of proof or go to the vets and scan them.. People just don't think

• Advertisement

Ooops the mucky puppy didn't like being groomed at ALL!! Groomer said next time her tail gets long he'll cut it for free rather than stress her out. Feel a bit guilty now... although she was happy to explore the car park in work when I let her out there a few mins and went asleep when I put her back in the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Quick question for you cat experts out there; my cat - in my ignorance i would call her persian-like hairwise - has a small matted patch of fur under her jaw - she obviously cant get at it - is it ok to snip this matt out - she would definitely NOT let me comb it out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

aonb wrote: »
    Quick question for you cat experts out there; my cat - in my ignorance i would call her persian-like hairwise - has a small matted patch of fur under her jaw - she obviously cant get at it - is it ok to snip this matt out - she would definitely NOT let me comb it out

Yes, it's fine to snip the matted area out. I've had to do it with my semi-longhaired mogs before now. You can always try wrapping her up in a towel (google cat burrito) with her paws tucked in so that she doesn't scratch you. It's a useful technique when dealing with a recalcitrant cat when trying to get a pill into them.

Good luck!

Yep should be okay to snip out, I'd advise a good feed and play beforehand to make her nice a sleepy and then go slowly slowly!

After dude being sick last week, he's passed his bug onto peach. She wouldn't settle all night and was walking around meowing, I thought she was upset that she didn't get on my lap tonight, but then heard the usual muck-in-a-welly-boot sound that means I have a big clean up on the way!
    Poor princess is feeling very sorry for herself!

Thanks for that - will have a go - its just one little matt, so thought Id hold it in one hand, and do a quick snip while shes not looking, we wont worry about styling :cool: shes a nervy little thing, and moves suddenly/like lightening, but when shes chilled, Id have a nano-second to do it I think - oh wait, forgot about the DREAMIES - could do it while she inhales a little pile of those :D

Felt sorry for my mums cat last night.. they are so funny I said I would put some flea spray on mine and my parents cat and well mine is used to it but my mums, sweet god you think I was trying to wash him in petrol....

Hope you get the matt, a nail scissors is great for them just watch the skin... These brush'es are great for snags http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_319133_2.jpg not this exact one but something similiar

Felt sorry for my mums cat last night.. they are so funny I said I would put some flea spray on mine and my parents cat and well mine is used to it but my mums, sweet god you think I was trying to wash him in petrol....

Hope you get the matt, a nail scissors is great for them just watch the skin... These brush'es are great for snags http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_319133_2.jpg not this exact one but something similiar

SPRAY is something that Ive avoided always - dogs/horses/hens/cat would all freak at the noise of the aerosol and the 'feel' of the spray! I think this might be why manufacturers produced a 'spot on' which is probably more effective as well as easier to apply. I HATE using all these chemicals on the animals - unfortunately the cat (my first!) had fleas recently - first time any pet of mine has had fleas - ugh - so she got spot on, and its in the diary now for regular application. Dont know if cats are more prone to getting fleas - the dogs and other animals NEVER got them :confused:

Will go with the nail scissors, and this cat would have two heart attacks if she saw me coming with that brush - do yours actually let you comb them?!?

SPRAY is something that Ive avoided always - dogs/horses/hens/cat would all freak at the noise of the aerosol

See this here?! Common sense!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:
    Somebody in the vets yesterday evening wouldn't STFU going psssssssssssssssssss!!! At her yappy dog. This was in addition to an unsocailised yappy yorkie and a 9 week old puppy who's owners thought was gas because he was going ballistic at every dog who walked in the door oh another random dog all barking at each other. Poor Bailey just lay on the floor on my feet with his head on his paw!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Will go with the nail scissors, and this cat would have two heart attacks if she saw me coming with that brush - do yours actually let you comb them?!?

I brush mine with a grooming mitt. One like this http://www.amazon.com/Four-Paws-Magic-Grooming-Colors/dp/B002USK6X6 . They do try and grab and wrestle it and me but it works well. It's good to get them used to it when they're young. Mine come running over when they hear me crinkling the mitt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Aonb, have you tried catnip?
    Our Figgy is a beautiful long haired girl, who is terrified of everything, and everyone, but catnip is her love. We accidentally got some on the dogs brush and she started rubbing off it, so we started doing it most evenings and building up contact, she loves the brush now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement