Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

:( Boo - our little short cut through the hospital grounds seems to be off limits now! We haven't been for our longer evening walk for months because Bailey was injured and I got a bit lazy :o.. stolled in last night and there's a sign up 'Dog walking not allowed, private property'.. So some tool has ruined it for everyone else. I don't even let them off lead there - I was just cutting through from one gate to the other on the path with the dogs on lead because it's so well lit in the evenings. Not fair! :( My friend works there and says she'll still go up but will get away with it lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

Nope it isn't an aerosol and it isn't chemical either..Dont be fooled to think these spots ons are not chemicals either.Just because they are spot on.. Tis just like everything else once an animal is used to it they will be fine, just like humans...

Well as mentioned tis a smaller brush now that that one I use...

My cats used to always let me brush them. Toni was a log haired Persian and she loved to be brushed.

Mr. B goes a little nutty after a while but he lets me not the easiest cat I have brushed, but tis a case of he is getting brushed and that's it.... I also give him a bath when he needs it and cut his nails and his fine... Tis just a matter of getting them used to it.... He loves the nails and will even let you file them if you wanted..

catnip as mymo mentioned is great. Like weed for cats.. Even if you let them as such play for a while with it, about half and hour later they are just lazy and wont move

Just checking on the Dante page and now they are saying they are going for a year!! As Victor Meldrew said I don't believe it..It has been reported numerous times and tis still there

Bwahahahaha :pac: ANDREX is in my Amazon recommended items! "We see you like dogs...well this has a picture of a dog on it!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I think my unneutered pup must have caught the scent of a female in heat. He's been an absolute nightmare today.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

So I decided to brush Squeak :eek::eek: I feel like a cruel owner now, lol.

GfmpQlhm.jpg?1

why sure she (am I right) looks loverly

Milly33 wrote: »
    why sure she (am I right) looks loverly

Yep, she's a she. And now her head looks huge compared to the rest of her body. I'll have to get a grooming mitt at that later :D

Haha head fluff, Yeah I got it right she does look like she

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

She must be in a furrocious mood now:-)

She must be in a furrocious mood now:-)

Lol :D

I went to Maxi Zoo and spent a woeful amount on food and treats for the two to make up for all that horrible yet delightful brushing and clipping! I say clipping because Kovu gets his belly clipped with the electric clippers round this time of year.

:pac: I couldn't find my phone and had my suspicions Lucy might be asleep on it but rang it anyways.. Now she's giving us dirty looks for laughing at her when it started buzzing under her bum and her head whipped around to look! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I think I posted ages ago about Teddy disappearing into the sunset when a jogger came running towards him. He has been on an extendable lead for his walks ever since. We met the same fella again today with two buddies. They slowed to a crawl when they saw the German shepherd and tip-toed past him :rolleyes: I waited till they were around the corner before I burst out laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Had to delete this as its not allowed.

Hmmm, it appears tick season has struck earlier than usual. Took 6/7 off Jess (outdoor cat so to be expected but still :eek:) and one from behind Squeaks ear. Kovu has been AWOL all day so hope he hasn't any on him before I get some spot on.

I have never actually come across ticks on any of me pets... Must keep an eye out for them how do you take them off just pull them off..

I have never actually come across ticks on any of me pets... Must keep an eye out for them how do you take them off just pull them off..

Right in tick country here with lots of overgrown areas and rougher patches of rushy fields.
    I take them off the cats the exact same way I take them off myself, sort of a pull and twist. Just be careful to not leave the head part behind & dab the area with some disinfectant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

You can get a little Tick removing hook for a few euro but jez the pop they make when you remove them would churn the strongest stomach

yuck!!! not sure I could manage that now...Ill have to inspect the ones at home this evening, as normally my fella wouldn't as such be in grass where he could pick them up but scenery has changed.. maybe I can post him to you if I find any

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Knine wrote: »
    You can get a little Tick removing hook for a few euro but jez the pop they make when you remove them would churn the strongest stomach

Never had a pop when removing one. :confused:

muddypaws wrote: »
    Never had a pop when removing one. :confused:

Ah I know what Knine means! It's like a little 'tscht' or click noise as it comes off. Never bothered me tbh, but I've been taking them off wee beasties since I was a wee beastie myself :D

Kovu wrote: »
    Ah I know what Knine means! It's like a little 'tscht' or click noise as it comes off. Never bothered me tbh, but I've been taking them off wee beasties since I was a wee beastie myself :D

That is it exactly. Fecking disgusting. Yuck........ I always have some of those hooks handy. I don't use spot on's unless I see fleas similar to how I don't treat the kids unless I see any crawlers

Knine wrote: »
    That is it exactly. Fecking disgusting. Yuck........ I always have some of those hooks handy. I don't use spot on's unless I see fleas similar to how I don't treat the kids unless I see any crawlers

Have to keep Kovu up to date with tick treatments as he gets a terrible reaction to them. Last time he got one he had two raw back legs for three months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Talking of ticks and dogs, lets hope this doesn't get here ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35815813

Never had any ticks (touchwood) either being city slickers but luckily my friend is from t'country and grew up with hunting dogs and ticks so only too delighted to remove them if we ever get them lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Had another family emergency at weekend and had to leave in a hurry, all animals crated and ready for drop offs, one cat missing, and countdown to leaving at 19 mins and counting.
    I go our the front to see is she just ignoring me and sitting in sun, as I shout "Ruby" I catch sight of her leaping onto a cock pheasant in the ditch, my shout scared him and he ran as she landed on his back, she held on well for a few seconds but fell off!
    He ran off so she gave in and came over to me growling and grumbling with anger, only to be stuffed in a cat carrier and bundled into the car. I could hear the rumbles all the way to the cattery.
    She's not a big cat, but regularly brings full grown rabbits home, she seems to be getting more ambitious.

Free raw food mymo!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

tk123 wrote: »
    Free raw food mymo!! :pac:

Yep, and plenty of it!
    She loves to hunt, not a day passes without a murder, can't be many rats left locally, although she rarely eats those, just the mice and rabbits.
    I keep all the cats in at night, dawn and dusk, after very heavy prolonged rain, etc. But the carnage continues.

Tk the small dog like to help with bunny leftovers!
    I buy worm tablets in bulk.
    We joke we're waiting on some Spring lamb, but I'm beginning to worry now.

• Advertisement

Heard today that the vet Jimmy Fox of JJ Fox vets Finglas passed away from cancer. Sad News & he was a decent man & vet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement