Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bailey jumped into the river this morning and one of the weirs got swept back a bit with the current(!)... he ended up under bushes fighting against it and was slowly making his way back up but I was close enough to reach down and pull him out - glad I got that harness with the handle on the back even if it is a bit big for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

One of our cats fractured her paw. What on earth is going on the past few weeks? Agh!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

God bless harnesses, Tk123, I've one for the same reason. Well done on grabbing him.

Latatian wrote: »
    God bless harnesses, Tk123, I've one for the same reason. Well done on grabbing him.

He probably would have been fine tbh but I just decided to grab him - last time he got into difficultly in water like that he pulled muscles and it took months to get back to normal!

The randomness of this question!!!! :pac: BUT which of these sounds better - it's for a present lol

"A house is not a home without an Irish Setter"

OR

"Our home runs on love, laughter and an Irish Setter"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

The second one reads a bit like something is grammatically wrong with the sentance that I cant put my finger on, so I vote for the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I like them both but should the second one read ''Our home runs on love, laughter and an Irish Setter''?

Kovu wrote: »
    I like them both but should the second one read ''Our home runs on love, laughter and an Irish Setter''?

Oops you're right I fixed it!! :D I agree - I kind of do and don't like it at the same time lol - It's American...and normally about coffee lol - like 'Our home runs on love laughter and strong coffee" but the first one 'a house is not a home...' is so common place I don't think I like it?

I might go with red setter instead of irish setter or even Irish red setter lol.. Gah it's so hard!! :D

It'll be a framed tree slice with the words stamped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Came across a new dog food in tesco called vets kitchen, has anyone else heard of/used it before? Just from a brief look at the package it seemed like a pretty decent food, grain free 80% meat. I requested a sample of their cat food from their website!

Which one is 80% meat? The grain-free pork one is 22% dried pork. http://www.vetknowhow.co.uk/vetskitchen/products/vets-kitchen-adult-sensitive-grain-free-pork-potato

• Advertisement

The cat one is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

So the pet-store sexed my hamsters wrong and I found wriggly pink babies in the nest of my hamsters last week! All babies and mama and dada are all doing great though! Also mum and dad now live apart <3 I thought they were sisters :'(

Aragneer wrote: »
    So the pet-store sexed my hamsters wrong and I found wriggly pink babies in the nest of my hamsters last week! All babies and mama and dada are all doing great though! Also mum and dad now live apart <3 I thought they were sisters :'(

I'm sorry but I lol'd at that lol! :pac:

tk123 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I lol'd at that lol! :pac:

Hahaha, it's okay! We've got over it and now laugh at it too! We're thinking in stead of becoming crazy cat people, we'll become crazy hamster people with them EVERYWHERE :D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Unfortunately hamsters can get pregnant again as soon as the give birth, so if you didn't separate them straight away you may have a second batch on the way!

Unfortunately hamsters can get pregnant again as soon as the give birth, so if you didn't separate them straight away you may have a second batch on the way!

We think she had them the day they were separated but not entirely sure.. Basically what happened was that they had been squabbling a little for a few weeks before but nothing out of ordinary - it seemed like sibling stuff but then last Tuesday evening they were attacking each other for hours, going tooth and nail and so we monitored it and when it got vicious, we separated them immediately - the days afterwards, we heard the squeaking and saw weird behaviour and then Saturday, we decided to check and saw the wiggly pink things (which now have fur now) so I am really hoping that she had the babies hours or a day after they were separated...

But I do know they can get pregnant immediately and I am concerned about that :/ She is a tiny dwarf hamster, I assume the runt of her own litter and so I am worried about what a second litter would do!

Fingers crossed we can get through this first litter anyway! She seems healthy and active as anything though :D

Yep the cat one, I should have said pet food not dog food! I need more sleep :pac:

No bother, I was less being cantankerous and more being really confused. I thought I had just got my maths dreadfully wrong or something...

OMG'S!! I LOVE it!!!... And I think my friend will too :D:D:D

383913.png

OMG'S!! I LOVE it!!!... And I think my friend will too :D:D:D

That's lovely tk! Would you mind pm'ing me where you got it made?

• Advertisement

That's lovely tk! Would you mind pm'ing me where you got it made?

My friend makes them - I'll PM you her FB page now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

My friend makes them - I'll PM you her FB page now! :)

Me too please :D

Has anyone used this before? Despite daily salmon oil, both Peach and Cream seem to be getting quite bad dandruff, so I thought maybe a different oil would help?
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/supplements_specialty_food/hair_skin/hokamix/129136

Has anyone used this before? Despite daily salmon oil, both Peach and Cream seem to be getting quite bad dandruff, so I thought maybe a different oil would help?
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/supplements_specialty_food/hair_skin/hokamix/129136

Not that one but I used the Lupoderm one for Bailey after his second op years ago to try and get his hair to grow back quicker on his baldy bum lol! :P His coat was gleaming - we got lots of comments :pac:

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/supplements_specialty_cat_food/fur_skin_supplements/127321

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

We've got a Canicross event on in Lough Boora Parklands, Co. Offaly tomorrow, Dogs In The Bog :D and I've been making dog biscuits to go in the goody bags. Loki managed to get a whole tray of them last night, which means I have to do more, and had to clean the kitchen floor this morning as his stomach obviously couldn't cope with the overload of food. :(

Not that one but I used the Lupoderm one for Bailey after his second op years ago to try and get his hair to grow back quicker on his baldy bum lol! :P His coat was gleaming - we got lots of comments :pac:

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/supplements_specialty_cat_food/fur_skin_supplements/127321

I was thinking about the lupoderm, I was just more inclined towards the other one because of the squirt bottle! I'm just desperate to get this dandruff under control!

Well they loved the frame - delighted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sat out in the sunshine while my almost 2-year old throws all of Opie's toys for him. One or two have holes for treats and she loves to put her finger in them so he licks her when he takes the toy. Every time he showers her in doggy kisses she absolutely breaks herself laughing. Hearing her say "Awwwww Opieee" just warms my heart so much. Opie was born in June so they are barely 3 weeks apart in age.

Then I realised that she could be 11 or 12 when we lose him and I spent about 10 minutes hiding my hysterical sobs from them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Mo's reactive dog classes have gone pretty well. There's nothing massively new in it, just desensitizing the dogs to each other. What's really helped is that the other owners are all on the same page and we can all keep our dogs at a distance they're comfortable with. We did have an incident on the way to class where we passed one of his classmates who let us go ahead through a gate, only a few seconds after we passed the other guy slipped off his lead and jumped on Mo. Poor Mo was on his lead trying to fend off the loose dog. No bites though just lots of snarling, piles of treats for Mo as soon as we separated them. I felt sorry for the other owner though as he never made it to class in the end.

• Advertisement

Well apparently ignoring and quietly passing a child makes my dogs 'dangerous'! No missus imprinting fear into your kid is what's dangerous! :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement