Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Choc Chip wrote: »
    My black one is sitting inside sensibly refusing to come out, while the border terrier is lying outside in the middle of the sunshine. I'll have to move him before he gets heatstroke. Mad dogs and englishmen!

Ha mine are Border Terriers! 4 of them. Although one is hiding because the kids have a hose!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yoooooooo! Well Lucy is so perfect we were only charged €20 for her checkup lol! Wish I had of gotten a photo of her sitting up on a chair in the waiting room lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

My two doggies have had an 'icepop' and are now k'od in a nice cool breeze created by a fan while I sit here slowly roasting! Haven't even looked for their collars or leads this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Knine wrote: »
    You are all terrible dog owners. Mine are in the paddling pool with the kids!

Mine hate the water, but will happily lay in bed with the fan on them.
    They have ice pops too, raw mince and veggie ones!

I wanna go to bed, but the 2 female cats are nowhere to be seen. :(
    I don't like leaving them out at night, they kill things, and there is more danger for them getting hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

mymo wrote: »
    I wanna go to bed, but the 2 female cats are nowhere to be seen. :(
    I don't like leaving them out at night, they kill things, and there is more danger for them getting hurt.

I wish my two would do that! It's still a hokey-kokey all night long here, in-out-in-out, thankfully the lane is quiet here.
    Right now Kovu is trying to decapitate red lobster he got at Christmas, that toy is the go-to toy all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Whoops, completely forgot to take foster dog to the vet for spaying this morning. In my defence she was booked in last Friday, and the vet had to change the date, and my bathroom floor has fallen through, so my brain is a bit distracted this week, I was convinced today was only Wednesday.

Could be my age of course :p

muddypaws wrote: »
    Whoops, completely forgot to take foster dog to the vet for spaying this morning. In my defence she was booked in last Friday, and the vet had to change the date, and my bathroom floor has fallen through, so my brain is a bit distracted this week, I was convinced today was only Wednesday.

Could be my age of course :p

Bwahahaha something similar happened to my Uncle.. Only he thought he was leaving the dog into be spayed when she was actually just being groomed so didn't pick her up until the next day assuming they'd keep her in over night!! They were extremely annoyed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm starting to put plans together to open a pet related business early next year. You'd think all the legal sides of things - tax, insurance etc. would be the worse part but no... trying to come up with a name is proving to be the worse part! Everything some bit funny or nice that I come up with seems to have been already taken! Thinking of just slapping my name up on the sign and leaving it at that, so much easier :pac:

I'm starting to put plans together to open a pet related business early next year. You'd think all the legal sides of things - tax, insurance etc. would be the worse part but no... trying to come up with a name is proving to be the worse part! Everything some bit funny or nice that I come up with seems to have been already taken! Thinking of just slapping my name up on the sign and leaving it at that, so much easier :pac:

Come back to us when you get form 11 in the post ;):pac:

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Come back to us when you get form 11 in the post ;):pac:

I won't have to worry about that for another year and 3 months :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I'm starting to put plans together to open a pet related business early next year. You'd think all the legal sides of things - tax, insurance etc. would be the worse part but no... trying to come up with a name is proving to be the worse part! Everything some bit funny or nice that I come up with seems to have been already taken! Thinking of just slapping my name up on the sign and leaving it at that, so much easier

Are you open to suggestions?? Might get a good competition started 😂

Well there must be some exotic bird around because Bailey has rolled in bird poo 3 days in a row!! He's supposed to be the clean one!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

So after all the trauma, Opie FINALLY went for his shots today.

No muzzle, and it only took a BEAUTIFUL (personality-wise) vet who fed him treats and lay on the floor with him for 15 minutes until he felt comfortable. I almost cried - it was such a relief to finally meet a professional with empathy for his past and who was immediately able to discern that his edgy behaviour was 100% down to HER presence and not our lack of training with obedience.
    And, we met TWO dogs, and both got nothing more than a bit of stiffness.
    And, HE IGNORED THREE CATS! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

That's wonderful ShaShaBear, how unusual for a vet to be so understanding and patient!! Normally they bulldoze over issues like that. Fantastic to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    So after all the trauma, Opie FINALLY went for his shots today.

No muzzle, and it only took a BEAUTIFUL (personality-wise) vet who fed him treats and lay on the floor with him for 15 minutes until he felt comfortable. I almost cried - it was such a relief to finally meet a professional with empathy for his past and who was immediately able to discern that his edgy behaviour was 100% down to HER presence and not our lack of training with obedience.
    And, we met TWO dogs, and both got nothing more than a bit of stiffness.
    And, HE IGNORED THREE CATS! :D

This post warms my heart.

Makes me feel better after I have accidentally thrown my dog's toy into the neighbours back garden, they're nice neighbours, I'm just embarassed my throw was so bad I essentially threw his toy over my shoulder. :o

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

Well done Opie! :)

EDIT.. Oh yeah Lucy freaked my mum out today lol!! :p

My mum was watching the news today and there was a story about the attempted abduction of some RAF guy in the UK... The 2 suspects pictures were on the TV and she said Lucy was transfixed on it - so much so she started to freak my mum out lol :p She was calling her and trying to get her attention but she wouldn't take her eyes off the tv EXCEPT to look at Bailey for guidance/reassurance!! I would have just changed the channel lol! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    Well done Opie! :)

EDIT.. Oh yeah Lucy freaked my mum out today lol!! :p

My mum was watching the news today and there was a story about the attempted abduction of some RAF guy in the UK... The 2 suspects pictures were on the TV and she said Lucy was transfixed on it - so much so she started to freak my mum out lol :p She was calling her and trying to get her attention but she wouldn't take her eyes off the tv EXCEPT to look at Bailey for guidance/reassurance!! I would have just changed the channel lol! :pac:

Coco is the only one here who watches TV. But on one occasion ever, Benson became transfixed with the TV for a couple of minutes. What programme was on?

Mastermind.

The contestants voice seemed to capture his attention, when his questions were finished normal service resumed and Benson hasn't looked at the telly since :)

Normally Bailey is the one who watches TV - Lucy might look if there's an animal/squeaky toy or if somebody is screaming :o but it's for a few seconds - this was for 15 mins!

My cats never really watch TV, except one night I was watching a nature documentary and Peach got utterly transfixed by the rhinos. Any other animal that came on, she'd lose interest, but there was no breaking her gaze away from the rhino!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

We often but bird videos from youtube on the TV for Ripley. She loves them :) Bats away at the tv for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

The two cats are always transfixed at the telly when there's nature programs on. Monsters Inc. and Lord of the rings also seem to be favourites with jesse for some reason.

Dude had his first full bath of the year with a fancy new cat shampoo I got from a groomer friend, so he looks spiffing, especially since he got a shiny new collar and name tag today :D He now smells like cherry bakewell instead of pee. We'll see how long that lasts! :pac:

ETA: lasted an hour. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Dude had his first full bath of the year with a fancy new cat shampoo I got from a groomer friend, so he looks spiffing, especially since he got a shiny new collar and name tag today :D He now smells like cherry bakewell instead of pee. We'll see how long that lasts! :pac:

ETA: lasted an hour. Oh well!

Cherry Bakewell?!?!?!? Poor dude :D
    My cat had diarrhea last week, gave her an emergency bath, with the most expensive hypoallergenic organic gorgeous liquid known to womankind. Tux did NOT appreciate it at all :cool:

A terrible thing has happened this morning, I can barely type this, it's never happened before, and on a Sunday morning!
    I wanted a quiet, relaxing morning, but now I have to get showered and dressed and go get some tea bags.
    I don't drink coffee, but I do drink a lot of tea, I was sure I had another box, it spoiled my Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Kovu beheaded a mouse and left the head on my windowsill. I think he just issued a thread to me, cat mafia style. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

A terrible thing has happened this morning, I can barely type this, it's never happened before, and on a Sunday morning!
    I wanted a quiet, relaxing morning, but now I have to get showered and dressed and go get some tea bags.
    I don't drink coffee, but I do drink a lot of tea, I was sure I had another box, it spoiled my Sunday.

I am so sorry, what a horrible thing to have to go through on a bank holiday weekend :(

Today I am wondering how I got to the point in my life where I heard myself saying "don't try and nip him while he has his head between my legs"

Kovu wrote: »
    Kovu beheaded a mouse and left the head on my windowsill. I think he just issued a thread to me, cat mafia style. :pac:

When Ruby was first allowed outside she presented my daughter with a worm, by dropping it in her lap!
    The screams, there were no presents for a while and she had the hump for ages with my daughter.

When Ruby was first allowed outside she presented my daughter with a worm, by dropping it in her lap!
    The screams, there were no presents for a while and she had the hump for ages with my daughter.

Hehe my cat gave us 2 worms once lol! Luckily that was as gruesome as it ever got! :)

• Advertisement

I got a gigantic dead dragonfly yesterday morning from one of my lot. Shame, as I actually like live dragonflys!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement