Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Met a teeny tiny cocker today on the beach. Wearing a prong collar.:mad: I tried to talk sense to the owner, but I'd say he took no heed at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Seems like I woke up in winter this morning. Had to root out the drying towels but somehow little muddy foot prints found their way down the hall. I don't feel as guilty for not cleaning yesterday now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Does anyone have pet insurance with 123.ie? I've only had positive experiences with them in the past, but I just rang them there about my most recent claim and it seems they have a company called Outsourcing Group handling their claims calls. The calls must be handled in another country now as the guy could barely understand what I was saying and I kept having to spell everything out for him, then they put me on hold for ages.

it's just odd because every other time I've spoken to them it's been easy and quick and really friendly.

I also see they are not taking on new pet policies. I hope things don't suddenly become a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was upstairs there and Bailey was barking downstairs.. glanced out the window and there was nobody there "Shut up barking Bailey!! Nobody's there!!' .... I'd locked my dad out the back and he was knocking on the door lol - oops!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Went for a training session with some friends today, first out on the bike without a dog, then ran Ghost with the scooter for the first time for a few months, due to the summer heat :rolleyes: I'd forgotten how much fun it is, and what a natural sleddog my boy is, had a great time :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I have to say a huge thank you to the makers of Pokemon Go!!
    Because of this, Elly and Tara got a 2 hour walk this morning whilst my son and I went pokemon hunting...
    Normally I struggle to get him to do 20 minutes of a walk with them!
    They are shattered at the minute but I'm sure that won't last too long. But I have to say they are a nightmare in the car though.

angeldaisy wrote: »
    I have to say a huge thank you to the makers of Pokemon Go!!
    Because of this, Elly and Tara got a 2 hour walk this morning whilst my son and I went pokemon hunting...
    Normally I struggle to get him to do 20 minutes of a walk with them!
    They are shattered at the minute but I'm sure that won't last too long. But I have to say they are a nightmare in the car though.

You can get one of the pokestops in the botanic gardens... sitting in the vets waiting room!!! I told her she should put a sign up :pac::pac::pac:

We were doing some training in the garden earlier. All was going really well playing touch volley with both dogs. Then went over some basics with Hoops. I asked him to sit and wait, then started talking to my OH. I finished up and started walking in the door and realised that Hoops wasn't beside me. I looked behind me and he was still sat in the middle of the grass where I'd left him in his wait. Poor Hoops looked as if he was being abandoned! On the up side his wait is obviously becoming more reliable 😀

^ Haha that's happened to me a few times. On our course we had to use duration so teach them to sit, lie down or whatever until they were released ... So I now have one dog who'll only stay if I tell him to stay and one who'll stay even if I didn't say 'stay' until I release her lol :p They've stayed put a few times like that and wouldn't come at all until I copped it 'eh... OK!!?' and they moved! Haha poor doggies! :D

We have cows, calves, horses and a donkey currently in the field behind us at the minute. Which means that the farmer is also in the field a couple of times a day with his dogs.
    Elly and Tara go mental barking at the dogs and of course if any of the animals come too close to their garden! Which means that tara has now barked herself hoarse which is comical to listen to.

Have just not been able to train them out of doing it! Waiting for our hedging to grow in so it hopefully will minimise it....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

We have concrete pins holding down the bottom of our fence but there's been a joint escape effort this morning. The big black dog pulled up a concrete pin and stood back so that the little foster pup could dig out underneath the fence. Go teamwork.

The foster pup is leaving next week, but the big black dog has obviously decided that's not soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

As well as having slow healing hot spots to contend with, dude now has a gastro bug too :( poor little fella is so thrown down. He'll still eat a half tea spoon of the hills ID food and drink tons of water but seems to bring it back up an hour later. Looks like it'll be another trip to the vets for us if he's not better in the morning!

Treaties for the dogs.... and their park friends lol :pac:

394985.JPG

tk123 wrote:
    Treaties for the dogs.... and their park friends lol

Are they dehydrated treats tk123?

Bells21 wrote: »
    Are they dehydrated treats tk123?

Yeah they are. I had gotten a dehydrator ages ago, used it a handful of times and it gathered dust after that. Then joined a FB group and started using it again! The times I used it before I wasn't dehydrating long enough so the results weren't great. I leave it going overnight now and the treats have lasted weeks - the ones that weren't eaten first lol!! That's one sweet potato I got for 49 cent lol!

tk123 wrote:
    Yeah they are. I had gotten a dehydrator ages ago, used it a handful of times and it gathered dust after that. Then joined a FB group and started using it again! The times I used it before I wasn't dehydrating long enough so the results weren't great. I leave it going overnight now and the treats have lasted weeks - the ones that weren't eaten first lol!! That's one sweet potato I got for 49 cent lol!

I've seen a few people using them to do their own dog treats and they seem to be really good. Worth the investment then in your opinion?

Bells21 wrote: »
    I've seen a few people using them to do their own dog treats and they seem to be really good. Worth the investment then in your opinion?

If you're going to use it then yes! I do lots of training with my two so would always have a handful of treats with me in the park and they love them!

tk123 wrote:
    If you're going to use it then yes! I do lots of training with my two so would always have a handful of treats with me in the park and they love them!

Thanks, I use bits of hotdog at the minute when I'm doing some training/agility with them but one of them could do with loosing a bit if weight so was looking for a healthier alternative.

Dudes taken a turn for the worse. Thought he just has a bug the last few days but apparently even though he has been peeing it's not been enough and his bladder is so full it's nearly bursting and has been making him get sick. He had a large dose of Valium this afternoon and despite being very stoned and happy with himself he didn't pass much urine so he's on his way in to be put on a catheter and drip for the night. Fingers crossed this will sort him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Dudes taken a turn for the worse. Thought he just has a bug the last few days but apparently even though he has been peeing it's not been enough and his bladder is so full it's nearly bursting and has been making him get sick. He had a large dose of Valium this afternoon and despite being very stoned and happy with himself he didn't pass much urine so he's on his way in to be put on a catheter and drip for the night. Fingers crossed this will sort him

He will be in all our thoughts! 🐱

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fingers and paws crossed for him here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Poor dude - keep us posted

Poor dude :(

Poor Dude hope he feels better soon. You're an angel for looking after him as you do xxx

Fingers crossed for dude.

They're gonna keep him in for a few days, because his skin has been so irritated with the hot spots he's been licking himself a lot causing his whole willy area to swell, and because it was swollen he couldn't pass anything. They couldn't even get a catheter in last night he was that swollen! But they put him under again this morning and managed to put in the catheter so he's going to have that in for a few days while they give him anti inflammatories to try bring down all the swelling so hopefully that will set him right. It's still a bit touch and go at the moment so we will have to see how things go

Fingers crossed for him!

He came home this morning :) still a big zoned out from the sedative getting the catheter out but he's in great form! He's been put on the science plan c/d diet so hopefully that with the combination of having been drained out will help things settle down and bring him back to where things were :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Wonderful news that he is home.

• Advertisement

Rant Alert!!

I'm at my wits end with friends encouraging Bailey to go bananas! He thinks it's ok to do it to anyone he knows now! He jumped up on somebody we barely know this evening and she wasn't impressed at all. The old lady she was talking to wasn't impressed either - I wanted the ground to swallow me up! :(:(:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement