Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

yeah I need to find out if it's a real dog before I go past with any of my dogs. I'll just go the other way until I do find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

yeah I need to find out if it's a real dog before I go past with any of my dogs. I'll just go the other way until I do find out.

There's a German Shepherd next door to us. I know he's real and not a statue because the minute our dogs are in the garden he charges the fence and has kept me awake for the last 6 months. But, if myself or my OH are going in or out to the car especially at night he sits so still in the middle of the garden and you can just feel his eyes watching you but he doesn't move a muscle!! It's incredibly unnerving, I think I would prefer him to bark etc at least I know where I stand then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

ok it's not a real dog. I feel incredibly stupid now :pac:

ok it's not a real dog. I feel incredibly stupid now

Too funny 😀 at least you can walk in peace now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

lololol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

ok it's not a real dog. I feel incredibly stupid now :pac:

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

That did make me laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Shattered after our club Santa run today, scootered 5km then cycled 5km, then cycled it again to chaperone the juniors round, then delivered Santa by husky, then stood around chatting to people. Very proud of my dogs though, 3 of them ran canicross today with other people, winning 2 classes and coming 2nd in one, not bad at all for dogs that were unwanted by previous owners. Except Vince of course, he was born here, and has always been wanted, but he is such a superstar, he is running with an 11 year old boy in the junior competition, and they have won both races so far this year, they are so cute together.

**DRUMROLL** Coming Jan 2017 - my friend's new baba and distant relative to our Lucy girl. (name TBC) I just can't wait lol!!! :D:D:D

404277.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Just spent about 30 minutes playing with my dog...

What were we doing? Ripping velcro. I squish the two pieces together, he pulls them apart... and repeat. Never seen his tail wag for so long before. :o

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

The dogs tried to get balloons out of the river this morning and were very confused when they burst and 'disappeared' - Bailey looking under the water for them lol! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

VonVix wrote: »
    Just spent about 30 minutes playing with my dog...

What were we doing? Ripping velcro. I squish the two pieces together, he pulls them apart... and repeat. Never seen his tail wag for so long before. :o

:D:D:D
    Brilliant!
    Another idea to add to my arsenal of 'boredom busters' for injured dogs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

aonb wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    Brilliant!
    Another idea to add to my arsenal of 'boredom busters' for injured dogs!!

Lol, he loves ripping things, so I enjoy indulging him, usually we rip up the Zooplus boxes when we get them as one of our regular ripping-sessions. This was one of the rare occasions there was no mess left behind. :p

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

My dog is the same - he is addicted to ripping things - no cardboard box is safe, and he goes insane when I start flattening them for the recycle bin. Christmas morning was a frenzy for him - he had to shred every piece of paper taken off the presents! He also had to 'help' everyone to get the ripping started on each and every parcel! He was panting and exhausted by the time the gifts were open :D

aonb wrote:
    My dog is the same - he is addicted to ripping things - no cardboard box is safe, and he goes insane when I start flattening them for the recycle bin. Christmas morning was a frenzy for him - he had to shred every piece of paper taken off the presents! He also had to 'help' everyone to get the ripping started on each and every parcel! He was panting and exhausted by the time the gifts were open

Toilet roll/kitchen roll tubes are like gold dust in our house......Think he can count how many sheets are left on the roll so he knows when to pounce!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My Creamy helped me with a very special task tonight... :o

Lol so that's why you were looking for tags in a hurry! ;)

Happy new year everyone! So far so good - Bailey is hasn't even worken up yet! The rain/bad water is drowning out the fireworks in town

We had an impromptu game of find it with a Danish butter cookie and the paper they come in just to distract from the fireworks.
    Congrats on the engagement, exciting times ahead!

Ooops I spoke to soon! He got a bit worried by the noise and decided to lie across the bottom of the stairs completely blocking them lol - he's reluctant to go up the stairs of an evening when he's sore so didn't follow Lucy up at first...he changed his mind though and is fast asleep now camped out beside her :o - she's on up the bed and he's below on his hammock! Those valerian drops I got for Halloween are fantastic for settling him - glad I got them too because the tablets were a PITA to deal with! I've spend the last few hours trying to keep myself awake in case he got afraid...now he's passed out and I'm wide awake lol!

tk123 wrote: »
    Lol so that's why you were looking for tags in a hurry! ;)

Yep you caught me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh congratulations Silly Mango X. Look forward to seeing you in the weddings forum!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Congrats to both of ye :D And well done to cream for helping :)

Thats so cute! how long did it take to notice the tag?!? Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Congrats SMX!!

Fireworks were unusually loud here last night. Normally we're far out enough that they are very much in the distance but they were quite loud last night and a couple of the dogs got really anxious. :(

Congrats SMX!!

Fireworks were unusually loud here last night. Normally we're far out enough that they are very much in the distance but they were quite loud last night and a couple of the dogs got really anxious. :(

Yeah we had a few runs of Bailey wanting to go up and down the stairs last night after I posted with stuff going off.. All was well but somebody must have been running an hour late because more went off around 1am lol which woke Bailey up and upset him again but he settled in the end! Up for an early walk before the bikes and scooters come whizzing around the courtyard at the park where we stop for a coffee so the dogs are well and truly exhausted now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    Yeah we had a few runs of Bailey wanting to go up and down the stairs last night after I posted with stuff going off.. All was well but somebody must have been running an hour late because more went off around 1am lol which woke Bailey up and upset him again but he settled in the end! Up for an early walk before the bikes and scooters come whizzing around the courtyard at the park where we stop for a coffee so the dogs are well and truly exhausted now!

At least they're not like Halloween - going off all day. But I'd never heard them as loud before, must have been the wind, or a party fairly nearby. I had one dog who was so upset she was literally climbing the walls. She wouldn't drink but was panting like crazy and would go into a crate and circle within it and when fireworks were going off she would bite the bars even though the crate was open :(. I took her into the utility where she jumped up into the sink, knocking everything within reach flying and chewed up the bed I brought in for her. Once the fireworks finished she was grand and settled down for the night. Horrible to experience for me, let alone the poor dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Many congratulations SMX. Every happiness to you both.

Lovely way to propose. Congratulations SMX!

More bloody fireworks yesterday evening! I had headphones on so didn't hear them at first or see Bailey running into the kitchen... it was Lucy running in and out wide eyed out that got my attention - she got a bit scared because big bro was so scared and wasn't sure how to react. He cried when they were going off :o Luckily it was just for a few mins and treats hidden in the snuffle mat followed by kongs distracted them. Hope we don't have any later(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

Happy New Year to All!! A random question for any cat owners.. I am moving the cat soon and just wanted to have the house ready for him. Have the feliway and all that, but ordered nibble grass from Zooplus, I thought it was cat grass, but when it arrived it is called Nagergras/Rodents grass and has a pic of a rabbit in the front. It says there is a mix of oats, whey and barley. Is this the same as cat grass do people know, sorry if it is a dim question I always looked at getting it but never did.. Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Had a treasure hunt leading to Cream so it didn't stay on him for too long, didn't trust him not to run off with the ring :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement