Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I'm fostering a GSD for a local rescue for a short while, he was considered aggressive a couple of months ago, but he was just a scared boy. Indy, my 13 year old husky cougar has been flirting with him, and he's scared stiff of her lol. He is a big teddy bear who just wants cuddles and playtime. Thank dog the rescue gave him the chance he deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

muddypaws wrote: »
    I'm fostering a GSD for a local rescue for a short while, he was considered aggressive a couple of months ago, but he was just a scared boy. Indy, my 13 year old husky cougar has been flirting with him, and he's scared stiff of her lol. He is a big teddy bear who just wants cuddles and playtime. Thank dog the rescue gave him the chance he deserves.

Ah stop, you're tugging at my heartstrings here. I have a huge love for misunderstood GSDs.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

VonVix wrote: »
    Ah stop, you're tugging at my heartstrings here. I have a huge love for misunderstood GSDs.

He's only young, you would love him.

He's only young, you would love him.

I reeeally want another!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Has anyone read or come across an author called Marta Williams, just picked up her book called "Ask your Animal" (shes written several) - on the topic of Intuitive Communication

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Well Milo had been coming on really well with his training (he's super reactive to other dogs etc) however this morning we've had what I'm praying won't be a huge set back :(

We were on our usual walk when a very large boxer came out of nowhere and attacked Milo :(
    We're both very shaken up so Milo's getting spoilt rotten for the day.

Here's a picture of his leg which suffered the worst injuries although after a good clean they seem to be quite superficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Aww his poor leg! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Poor Milo, that's absolutely awful :(

Aw no I'm so sorry Jelly. I hope you're all ok. I know how scary that is. My fella wasn't good with other dogs but was nowhere near as bad as he is now until he witnessed my other dog being attacked. It left emotional scars on both of us.

Funnily enough the dog that was actually attacked seems to be totally over it now with little to no lasting effects. Hopefully Milo will be the same!

I'm upset and angry for you Jellybear. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I'm so sorry jelly!

Do keep an eye on that leg - as a vet friend said to me the day one of mine got a bite, "dog bites are filthy". If there is any kind of a puncture wound, might be worth a vet visit. Hope you and Milo are ok, and look after yourselves. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

There's a 14yr old Irish Setter surrendered to the pound, was going to head down tomorrow morning to get her but just got a message that she's gone to a rescue. Now I have to try and find out where.

There's a 14yr old Irish Setter surrendered to the pound, was going to head down tomorrow morning to get her but just got a message that she's gone to a rescue. Now I have to try and find out where.

How the hell can you surrender a dog of that age to the pound :( I hope you track her down

How the hell can you surrender a dog of that age to the pound :( I hope you track her down

She's apparently going to Sweden. Ridiculous in my opinion putting a dog of that age through a stressful and harrowing multi country journey. But my thinking is that she'll have to have her rabies and passport etc so she's still here for a few weeks so I need to make some calls tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Thanks guys. Unfortunately I'm away for the weekend so Milo's daddy is in charge but we'll definitely be keeping a close eye on the cuts :)

So according to my sources the old setter lady went to one of their halfway houses as they call them, but they'll adopt her rather than transport her. And they have just posted a picture of her asleep on a couch so at least I know she's in some comfort.

Also her family left her into the pound because they brought her to the vet to be PTS, but on hearing the cost they wouldn't pay it so the pound was the cheaper option:mad:. 14 years and they do that? Scumbags.

Ah that's just shocking :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

That's shocking, how can someone be so utterly heartless to just discard such an old dog.

On a lighter note I think I have a pair of TV addicts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

That's heartbreaking, I really don't understand people sometimes. At least she's safe and comfy.

I am missing a loaf of wheaten bread this morning, I've checked all olivers usual hiding places, but no sign, not even a bit of wrapper.
    I did find a tin of sardines in one bed and 2 missing slippers in his crate.

Oliver loves cat videos, he will watch for ages, we put them on to distract him sometimes as there's building going on in the next house over and lots of traffic and people shouting etc.

lol lol lol Poor Bailey just gave himself a fright... by FARTING! :p

• Advertisement

You know it's gonna be a bad night out when all the animals are asleep in the living room!

3 cats by the stove, one on the back of the sofa and the 2 dogs passed out beside me, not even looking for their second walk tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Looks like we might have to find a new house, got marching orders from the landlady yesterday, absolutely fuming at the minute over it. Hard enough to find an affordable house within commuting distance without throwing two cats into the mix. Stress, stress, stress...

Just back from picking up my daughter and her friends from a birthday party, was driving around the mountains for best part of an hour thanks to their directions, no sign posts up around there, and "do you see a big oak tree beside a smaller tree?" Or "was there a big stone at the second crossroads?" Really isn't much help to me having grown up in London!
    Or if you see a milking parlour you've gone to far?
    The one sign post on the turning I know says something different every time I go up there.
    After finally finding the place they told me to drive straight on to get back to the "main road" ( the one without grass down the middle)
    Really need to see about using gps coordinates from their phones or something in future.

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Looks like we might have to find a new house, got marching orders from the landlady yesterday, absolutely fuming at the minute over it. Hard enough to find an affordable house within commuting distance without throwing two cats into the mix. Stress, stress, stress...

Oh no :( I hope you manage to find something suitable

mymo wrote: »
    Just back from picking up my daughter and her friends from a birthday party, was driving around the mountains for best part of an hour thanks to their directions, no sign posts up around there, and "do you see a big oak tree beside a smaller tree?" Or "was there a big stone at the second crossroads?" Really isn't much help to me having grown up in London!
    Or if you see a milking parlour you've gone to far?
    The one sign post on the turning I know says something different every time I go up there.
    After finally finding the place they told me to drive straight on to get back to the "main road" ( the one without grass down the middle)
    Really need to see about using gps coordinates from their phones or something in future.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I did some courier work in the lead up to Christmas, people really don't know how to direct others to their house, or indeed what colour their house is! Eircode works really well, but again, most people don't know their eircode.

Try asking a bunch of drunken college students!
    The place was all trees and stones and I must of passed 15 crossroads, I also have no idea what a milking parlour would look like!

This was a house I've never been to before in a very remote area.
    They were all telling me to go to one or the other of their houses and directions from there, when if I had just been told it's the road with a very distinctive old fortified house (round tower and all) that I know, I would have found it right away.

It's beautiful up there in the daytime though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

If they have phone reception up there definitely get them taught how to drop a pin in Google maps.

It wrecks my head how many couriers don't have Google maps or access to eircode. I normally have to drive to town to meet the courier. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

My little terrier mix girl can be funny eating sometimes and will leave her food for later after just a couple of mouthfuls. She usually demands it later, after I have put it away. Yesterday evening was one of those times, and I failed to pick the bowl due to being distracted with Crufts - my bad, I know. Anyway, as I was sitting down watching the TV, the Westie toddled into the room, straight into one of the dog beds. My lot are all allowed on the furniture, but we have a couple of dog beds in the sitting room anyway. She started crunching on something, and then on another. It seemed that she had grabbed a mouthful of food from the little terrier girl's bowl, and brought it to the bed to eat it one kibble at a time. She knows that she isn't supposed to take food from the other bowls, but will try it on. It was quite funny as it seemed as though she had figured out not to hang around the bowl scoffing, thus getting caught out, but to grab and run instead.

Great excitement here, I'm buying a new dog van - well, new to me, not new, new. More crates than my current van, although I want to take some out so I can have a bed up off the floor, which will hopefully mean that I can stay dry and mud free at events in mucky forests. And it has a heater in the back - imagine that, a clean, warm van, I won't know myself.

Hopefully it also means we don't need to rent a van to go to Lake Como for the European canicross championships in October, we can travel in a bit of luxury.

• Advertisement

Went to the butcher this evening and he gave the dogs a present each, bit hunk of lamb ribs, loads of meat on them. (No wonder they love him, he gave them some Saturday too)
    I gave them to them when we got home and Tiffi ate all of hers, she's now like a beached whale in front of the stove, her belly is huge.
    Oliver only ever eats his fill and always eats his veggies first, but little piggy had to eat it all. I should have watched her, I know she'll be fine, she's done it before, she probably won't eat her breakfast in the morning.
    Good news is her teeth look very clean between the brushing the last week and the chewy bones

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement