Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I just got my ankle savaged by a white fluffy in my efforts to let his owner know they had livestock loose on the main road. It's going to be black tomorrow. I don't need a tetanus if the skin isn't broken, is that right?

No you shouldn't need one as long as the skin isn't broken. The bacteria enters through open wounds. What a horrible experience though. Were the owners apologetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I'd already told her what I came for when he came snarling out of the house. She called him a few times then told me to kick him. When I didn't she made an effort to catch him and I retreated to my car while he was running around avoiding getting caught. She didn't really have the opportunity to apologise as I was gone.

I do hope your ankle isn't too painful, not very pleasant to have happen when you were only doing a good turn. At least a tetanus isn't required, from what I remember the aching in my arm after was almost worse than the bite!!

Yeah I have my shoes off now, it was rubbing so had to take them off. No real harm done just a bit of bruising.

Maybe arnica if you have any to stop the bruising. Good excuse to put the feet up for the evening if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Hope it's not too sore this morning Cherry blossom, it always hurts more around the ankles/feet, been nipped a few times myself, all but one from small dogs.

Back is killing me this morning, I slept on sofa with Oliver in his crate beside me last night. Time to sort out the bedroom downstairs for tonight, can't take this for few weeks.

There's a little scab this morning so I must have got a graze that I didn't see yesterday.

I have 2 questions about a well known dog rescue in dublin. I'm just wondering do they use foster families and if they can carry out any testing like cat testing. If any of you might be able to answer I can pm the name of the rescue. Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Small dog and two cats got me up at 6.30, I fed them, let them out, other dog got up for food and then wanted out, other cats got up and went out too. I went back to bed a cat was wailing to get in, got up again and decided to stay up. By 8am they are all back in snoozing and I'm wide awake.

But I did get two loads of washing done this morning...

Just back from the pedigree dog day event in Fitzgerald's park. Great to see so many dogs out enjoying each others company. Hopefully these kind of events become more popular in cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

Poor Milo is currently in the vets on a drip :( He was shaking badly out of nowhere yesterday and very lethargic so we rushed him up to the vet. He got two injections but when we brought him back today the vet wasn't happy with him. He's dehydrated and with the heat and humidity he suggested it was best to keep him in overnight on the drip. My heart is broken. He's my little man and the house is too quiet without him :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Oh no, poor Milo, sending best wishes for his speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh no poor Milo! :(

:( so sorry jellybear. Fingers crossed he'll make a quick recovery. Keep us updated, I'll be worrying about the cutie.

Awh thanks guys. Please keep everything crossed for him. It's been an awful weekend. My uncle passed away suddenly and it's just 5 weeks to our wedding so a tough time at the minute but I'm just trying to stay positive! Will keep you all updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Fingers and paws crossed here for Milo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Fingers and paws all crossed here for Milo as well

No news which I suppose is good. I'm just so worried about him being by himself as he sleeps in our bed and is just a big baby! Vet had mentioned pancreatitis yesterday but said he may do bloods depending on how Milo responds to the fluids.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thoughts with ye all, speedy recovery Milo!.

Couldn't wait any longer so rang there and he's in great form apparently! Has eaten a full bowl of food and drank a full bowl of water. Just waiting for the vet to ring us to say if we can collect him today :)

ETA: Just collected Milo man there- he was so happy!! On antibiotics for the week and just have to take it easy so it's a lazy couch day for us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Bran (otherwise known as Dick) has been here for a just over a month now, he put 1kg on in weight, but has now lost it again. :( I've changed his food, am feeding him 4 times a day but he looks so skinny. He came to England with me last weekend, so I'm hoping it was just the stress that has caused it, he had the runs while we were away briefly. He is very dog reactive unfortunately, hopefully we can get past that, but its going to take a while. A big cuddle monster, who manages to get a space on the sofa every night, despite 11 other dogs being iin the room with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

jellybear wrote: »
    Couldn't wait any longer so rang there and he's in great form apparently! Has eaten a full bowl of food and drank a full bowl of water. Just waiting for the vet to ring us to say if we can collect him today :)

ETA: Just collected Milo man there- he was so happy!! On antibiotics for the week and just have to take it easy so it's a lazy couch day for us :D

Great news! Was just checking in to see if you had an update!
    My friend lost her little grey a few weeks back - out of the blue - and her older grey - the biggest gentlest dog every, had a ruptured kidney, and emergency surgery. Her heart is broken. So pleased to hear Milo is better

Awh the poor little baby. So sorry for your friend's loss :(

I'm so glad he's home and he lost his reason when he saw us but he's still so, so quiet. He's eaten a bit- cooked him some round mince and he's drinking but he's just sleeping and sleeping. I'm off work this week which is lucky as I can just give him plenty of cuddles.

It's so tough when they're sick :(

I'm about to take Lucy over to the vet. She caught herself on the wall when she tried to jump out of the river the other morning and just seems a bit sore/lame today. Probably nothing but I need peace of mind! :o

Update - nothing major. Rest and drugs for 5 days. Bailey cried his eyes out when we left him so I took him rather than risk him going nuts and snapping his new knee off! The highlight of our visit was a family coming in and telling the nurse the dogs name - Spiderman!!! :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

Hope Lucy got on okay!
    Ended up bring Milo back up today as he was very unsettled last night and not eating or drinking much. Got 2 more injections and back for bloods in the morning :( Poor little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Poor Milo, how is he doing now?

I've been in contact with a breeder for a potential new family member.. loving the fact that they are so thorough in all the questions they ask but I'm biting my nails waiting to see if I get approval!! Keep the fingers crossed, there could possibly be a new boaedsie regular on the way! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I've been in contact with a breeder for a potential new family member.. loving the fact that they are so thorough in all the questions they ask but I'm biting my nails waiting to see if I get approval!! Keep the fingers crossed, there could possibly be a new boaedsie regular on the way! :o

What breed? :D

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

VonVix wrote: »
    What breed? :D

And species lol :pac:

Awh you're so good to ask. He's doing a good bit better thankfully! About 6pm yesterday, as soon as his 'daddy' came in the door he was full of beans! He's been eating and drinking regularly and slept really well last night. I brought him back up this morning as we had an appointment anyway. His temperature has come down so it's just finish the antibiotics and plenty of rest. He did show some discomfort when the vet checked his back so he may need an xray but we'll just see how the weekend goes :)

Also, very exciting about the potential new addition! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

tk123 wrote: »
    And species lol :pac:

Nothing but dogs exist in my world, of course. :P

...please ignore the fact I have four cats downstairs...

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement