Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Glad to hear he's perked up jellybear!

It is of course the feline species... this time! (Watch this space for way into the future doggies :D )

It's a Devon Rex from a wonderful breeder I've been following for a few years on Facebook, I'm so excited to even be enquiring. I'll be beside myself if I actually get approved! They only breed a small amount so I'm really keeping the fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Glad to hear he's perked up jellybear!

It is of course the feline species... this time! (Watch this space for way into the future doggies :D )

It's a Devon Rex from a wonderful breeder I've been following for a few years on Facebook, I'm so excited to even be enquiring. I'll be beside myself if I actually get approved! They only breed a small amount so I'm really keeping the fingers crossed :)

Ooh, that's real cool!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Bran had a long social walk this morning, by the end, as he was tired, he was able to walk quietly between two bitches, as opposed to the first hour of barking and lunging. He is such a lovely dog with people, but unfortunately his dog reactivity is very severe. We're going to go sled dog training at 4am tomorrow, see if we can tire him out, surely nobody else will be out with dogs at that time? :eek:

muddypaws wrote: »
    Bran had a long social walk this morning, by the end, as he was tired, he was able to walk quietly between two bitches, as opposed to the first hour of barking and lunging. He is such a lovely dog with people, but unfortunately his dog reactivity is very severe. We're going to go sled dog training at 4am tomorrow, see if we can tire him out, surely nobody else will be out with dogs at that time? :eek:

Ah it's such a relief when you have a peaceful or partly peaceful walk with a reactive dog isn't it? I walked for 2 hours with my dogs today on a very popular stretch and by some miracle only met cyclists. Not a single bark from my reactive terrier. It was pure wonderful! :D

How's Milo Jellybear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

How's Milo Jellybear?

Awh he's so much better thankfully!! Just spent the last couple of hours at my mam and dads with the 3 big dogs so he's relaxing now! He's about 90% better which is great. We were so worried about him!! Here he is right now relaxing :)

I think I have gotten approval for future kitty :D now just an agonising couple of weeks waiting for them to grow up! Beyond excited right now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Is it to early to go to bed?

Came home from work, cut grass, cleaned bathroom, then had a Chinese and now I can't move.

Cat did get me up at 5.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Not if you're going to be got up at 5.30 again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Just found a dead little greenfinch on the concrete beside my oil tank :-( I feed a lot of birds in my garden from peanut feeders, he even had the remnants of some peanut round his beak. Can birds just drop dead or any idea what happened him?

Didn't feel right to just leave him there so wrapped him in tissue and put him into the wheelie bin. I know it's just a wild bird but still didn't feel right :-(

• Advertisement

Not if you're going to be got up at 5.30 again!
    I was up at 1.30am to let cat in, 3.20 to let dog out and again at 5.30, I just stayed up and put on washing, stripped the bed and mopped floor before work. I'm normally up at 6.30 at the moment anyway.
    I'm having an early night tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

You definitely need a cat/dog flap, it's life changing ;)

That's not normal, usually everyone is in by 10.30, feed cats, dogs have a last "business" break and everyone goes to bed happy, and not a peep out of them all until my alarm at 6.15ish. It's just the last couple of nights been bad, dog got into something he shouldn't and paid for it, cat is on alert due to a new cat hanging around, other 3 cats are pigs and come in for food, Toby (when like this) prowls and then knocks on a window or door when he wants in, causing dogs to bark and therefore me to get up, let him in and shut everyone up!

Had a bitch that I didn't know was in heat pee on my mat, now every dog is going demented trying to get to it :( I've washed in biological powder, used kennel disinfectant, sprayed with febreeze, nothing seems to have worked! I can't smell anything myself but every dog can.

Anyone have any ideas or do I just need a new mat? :pac:

Try steaming it?
    Or some essential oil rubbed in to hide the smell!?
    What is the mat made of?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

Try an enzymatic cleaner designed for pet messes?

I've tried the enzyme cleaner I had when dude was still around to clean up his leaking, didn't seem to work unless it's just been open too long. And I don't have a steam cleaner! I think I'll just throw it out. No one ever comes in that door anyway only me so I may as well just get rid! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I think I have gotten approval for future kitty :D now just an agonising couple of weeks waiting for them to grow up! Beyond excited right now :o

Are they in Wicklow? :)

boomerang wrote: »
    Are they in Wicklow? :)

Yep that's the ones :D

Future kitten is still planned, but... I've just been made an offer I couldn't refuse from another breeder. So in a couple of weeks I shall be the proud owner of a new Bengal kitty too :D I am actually jumping up and down with excitement. I can't believe my parents agreed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Future kitten is still planned, but... I've just been made an offer I couldn't refuse from another breeder. So in a couple of weeks I shall be the proud owner of a new Bengal kitty too :D I am actually jumping up and down with excitement. I can't believe my parents agreed!!

Start stocking up on ear plugs :D Congrats, can't wait to see all the kitten photos :D will you be showing them?

Found another sick green finch in the garden, tried giving him food and water but he died anyways. Since that's two in a week now I contacted birdwatch Ireland. Looks like an outbreak of trichomonaisis. Goes to show the importance of disinfecting feeders. Bit late for me but it's worth reading up about if anyone here feeds birds :-(

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Start stocking up on ear plugs :D Congrats, can't wait to see all the kitten photos :D will you be showing them?

Found another sick green finch in the garden, tried giving him food and water but he died anyways. Since that's two in a week now I contacted birdwatch Ireland. Looks like an outbreak of trichomonaisis. Goes to show the importance of disinfecting feeders. Bit late for me but it's worth reading up about if anyone here feeds birds :-(

Oh no that's so sad, never even thought to disinfect feeders, must give ours a good going over.

Hopefully will be showing the kitties in the alter classes if they enjoy it! And yes ear plugs are a definite must as little as yet unnamed bengal kitty will be in my bedroom with me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Rained this morning. Wet duskie
    Went to work. Humid all day. Afro duskie.

lots of brushing done tonigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

dashoonage wrote: »
    Rained this morning. Wet duskie
    Went to work. Humid all day. Afro duskie.

lots of brushing done tonigh.

Oh that's so cute. Bad hair day at its best! How could you not let us how a photo. Even a post brushing photo would be good!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

We were out walking earlier when I saw Bella walking straight in the path of a lump of freshly dumped chewing gum!! Had visions of trying to get it out of her fur. Thankfully a quick 'this way' distracted her around it. Phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Bells21 wrote: »
    We were out walking earlier when I saw Bella walking straight in the path of a lump of freshly dumped chewing gum!! Had visions of trying to get it out of her fur. Thankfully a quick 'this way' distracted her around it. Phew!

I do that too! Works everytime!! :D

Something is up with my poor Creamy, he was a bit miserable earlier today, but when he came into the sitting room this evening I noticed a massive swelling between his eyes. Rang the emergency vet who told me to keep icing it and bring him in in the morning. Has anyone seen anything like this before? He's been sneezing a lot the last couple of months due to suspected hay fever so I'm thinking maybe a sinus infection :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Something is up with my poor Creamy, he was a bit miserable earlier today, but when he came into the sitting room this evening I noticed a massive swelling between his eyes. Rang the emergency vet who told me to keep icing it and bring him in in the morning. Has anyone seen anything like this before? He's been sneezing a lot the last couple of months due to suspected hay fever so I'm thinking maybe a sinus infection

If he has access to the garden or outside space is there any chance he could've gotten a grass seed or something similar up his nasal passage which has caused an infection?

Bells21 wrote: »
    If he has access to the garden or outside space is there any chance he could've gotten a grass seed or something similar up his nasal passage which has caused an infection?

Actually now that you mention that, I pulled a blade of grass out of his nose last week. Possible there could have been a bit left behind or it left a small nick that got infected. I'll mention to the vet in the morning!

• Advertisement

When Tiffi got one stuck in her paw it came out in three pieces, grassy stalk bit with outer seed cover, then the seed sheath, lastly the actual seed.
    Large swelling between toes and it burst out through the skin, wouldn't heal until it was all out, and gave antibiotics just in case, but healed great in a few days.
    If there's some stuck in there still, it needs to come out, hopefully it will push its way out, if it does bathe with cooled boiled water and salt until you get to the vet.

Hope he's OK, poor cream.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement