Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

tk123 wrote: »
    Gah! A bit worried about fireworks later especially with the party in town! :(. I have stuffed hooves if Bailey gets very upset.

Same here, except that Mr C is so frantic we had to get him some Sileo, only giving him half doses though. The lads here let off the fireworks right in front of our place, meters away... Not looking forward to the pots banging!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

em_cat wrote: »
    Same here, except that Mr C is so frantic we had to get him some Sileo, only giving him half doses though. The lads here let off the fireworks right in front of our place, meters away... Not looking forward to the pots banging!

You’re lucky he’s small with the price of sileo! A few bangs already and he jumped up out of bed. He’s having a midnight snack of stuffed hoof to keep him distracted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Happy New year everyone!

You’re lucky he’s small with the price of sileo! A few bangs already and he jumped up out of bed. He’s having a midnight snack of stuffed hoof to keep him distracted!

It is but worth it as we also give it to our elderly neighbors small dog as he is worse than Mr C. Also both dogs get by on half doses. Your lucky Bailey will stay distracted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My friend is looking for a crate for a ****zu, if anyone has one they'd like to pass on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Arrrgghhhh!
    I'm a member of a group for a particular breed on FB, and someone is having trouble with her dog due to lack of exercise (temporary problem) and people are recommending caesar Milan and dominance theory, for an anxious and timid dog. Now the owner is getting a homeopath involved. I've turned off notifications for the post, for a breed specific group many of them are clueless about the breed.

Cats are not impressed with the weather, all in bed, or hiding.
    Managed to get dogs out to the woods for a while yesterday, but its quite wet today again. I was hoping for some nice long walks before going back to work :(

Miserable here although we missed the rain this morning! The dogs aren't interested in evening walks - especially if I've been home all day and we're all hibernating like yesterday lol!! Actually you just reminded me lol... headed into the park yesterday morning and I could make something out inside the gate. Held the dogs back and shined my spotlight on it - a huge pumpkin smashed in two!! ?!?! WTF :pac::pac:

Daughter went back to college for her exams this evening so I started taking down the decorations myself, found a bounty hunter in the crib...
    160vfkj.jpg
    Any star wars fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Back to work tomorrow and the guilt has already set in, even though I know my two will be snuggled up and conked out until my OH gets home at lunch.
    I wonder will there ever be a time where bringing your dog to work would be the norm?

• Advertisement

Bells21 wrote: »
    Back to work tomorrow and the guilt has already set in, even though I know my two will be snuggled up and conked out until my OH gets home at lunch.
    I wonder will there ever be a time where bringing your dog to work would be the norm?

Has been in ours for years, most of our clients & others love it. Plus it means we don’t need an intercom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

em_cat wrote:
    Has been in ours for years, most of our clients & others love it. Plus it means we don’t need an intercom

Lucky you! Does it work well in general for humans and dogs alike?

Bells21 wrote: »
    Lucky you! Does it work well in general for humans and dogs alike?

It seems too. Normally we’re the only ones that have our dogs there constantly, we share the building with 4 other companies & sometimes others may bring in their pets, one guy brings in his cat too much to the amusment of Mr C who keeps taking Spelts (cat) toys. Every now & then it surprises one of the sub contractors or some snarky client but they get over it pretty quick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Got my Zooplus order in a plastic tub from DPD. The box was apparently destroyed and the contents water damaged. :( I also didn't like how the Lamb sachets of Lukullus were in blank packaging.

https://imgur.com/a/xjPVd

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

VonVix wrote: »
    Got my Zooplus order in a plastic tub from DPD. The box was apparently destroyed and the contents water damaged. :( I also didn't like how the Lamb sachets of Lukullus were in blank packaging.

https://imgur.com/a/xjPVd

No, I wouldn't like that either. There are some pet shops near us with a stack em high sell em cheap policy and they often have pouches and tins with no labels, simply marked as dog or cat food, really wouldn't be happy with a food like Lukullus arriving like that.

muddypaws wrote: »
    No, I wouldn't like that either. There are some pet shops near us with a stack em high sell em cheap policy and they often have pouches and tins with no labels, simply marked as dog or cat food, really wouldn't be happy with a food like Lukullus arriving like that.

I ordered 6 boxes and every box had 2 sachets like that. I sent them an email along with a photo two days ago, I've heard nothing back yet. Seriously tempted to stop buying from them. I have had many a smashed up box, but this is the worst.

VonVix wrote: »
    I ordered 6 boxes and every box had 2 sachets like that. I sent them an email along with a photo two days ago, I've heard nothing back yet. Seriously tempted to stop buying from them. I have had many a smashed up box, but this is the worst.

:( i’ve Had smashed ones from them too and i’ve a repackaged parcel from DPD too although I can’t remember what it was for lol! Usually zooplus will give you a discount code whereas Amazon will refund if it’s damaged and replace it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Iv gotten zooplus to refund badly damaged tins before, although it was a few years ago. Still I'm getting a few dented tins with each order

My last two orders from zooplus have arrived in badly broken and open boxes with cat food falling out.

Does anyone else ever have trouble with the post your pet pics thread?

For a long time now I mostly can't see new posts. For example at the moment I can't see Mike's, my own or bells. It's as if they were never posted. If I log out I can see them but then I can't thank them. This had been going on ages. It will work at random about 1 out of a hundred times. Usually it works if I upload a pic myself but not this time.

Why is this happening me?! Its not that the pics themselves won't load but the whole post. So it tells me the last post was two weeks ago or whatever when I know it was actually yesterday and there's a bunch not displaying!

• Advertisement

Does anyone else ever have trouble with the post your pet pics thread?

For a long time now I mostly can't see new posts. For example at the moment I can't see Mike's, my own or bells. It's as if they were never posted. If I log out I can see them but then I can't thank them. This had been going on ages. It will work at random about 1 out of a hundred times. Usually it works if I upload a pic myself but not this time.

Why is this happening me?! Its not that the pics themselves won't load but the whole post. So it tells me the last post was two weeks ago or whatever when I know it was actually yesterday and there's a bunch not displaying!

Have you cleared your browser’s cache? Or checked if the problem is the same with a different browser?

Have you cleared your browser’s cache? Or checked if the problem is the same with a different browser?

I have cleared the cache and it didn't help. Haven't tried a different browser. Should have said it's on my mobile. I only use boards on my phone. Maybe I should try installing a different browser but I don't have a huge amount of space.

edited to add: Jellybears post just broke the spell and now I can see them all! Probably the next time someone posts I won't be able to see it again though. It's so weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

edited to add: Jellybears post just broke the spell and now I can see them all! Probably the next time someone posts I won't be able to see it again though. It's so weird.

Milo to the rescue! :D

I often have trouble seeing photos that are uploaded directly, ie not a link. Don't know why!

After me only commenting on zooplus delivery yesterday, this arrives today. I wondered why the delivery guy chuckled on the phone when he rang me. By some miracle my two bags of cat litter and scoop were still delivered although none of it was actually in the box.

Sending another strongly worded email to zooplus later!

Zapperzy wrote: »
    After me only commenting on zooplus delivery yesterday, this arrives today. I wondered why the delivery guy chuckled on the phone when he rang me. By some miracle my two bags of cat litter and scoop were still delivered although none of it was actually in the box.

Sending another strongly worded email to zooplus later!

Lol, join the club. My box was so destroyed DPD had to give it to me like this instead: https://imgur.com/a/ezpDw I still have heard nothing back.

Complain to them on FB and you won’t be waiting long for a reply! I’d upload the pics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Poor Cream had to go to the vets today to have his teeth cleaned, and a lump taken off his back. Thankfully the lump was nothing, vet said there was no point even sending it off for testing. But it’s in an awkward spot on his shoulder so when we put a cone on him, he starts scratching the stitches. So he is now sporting a lovely jumper, and he is very high still after the anaesthetic so between him trying to walk in a jumper and hallucinating it’s proving to be a very entertaining evening :D

Poor Cream had to go to the vets today to have his teeth cleaned, and a lump taken off his back. Thankfully the lump was nothing, vet said there was no point even sending it off for testing. But it’s in an awkward spot on his shoulder so when we put a cone on him, he starts scratching the stitches. So he is now sporting a lovely jumper, and he is very high still after the anaesthetic so between him trying to walk in a jumper and hallucinating it’s proving to be a very entertaining evening :D

And no video? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Zapperzy wrote: »
    And no video? :D

I tried several times to video him and I couldn’t keep up, he didn’t know what to do with himself he was back and forth all evening :pac: he’s settled now but still hasn’t managed to sleep. I’m praying he sleeps tonight because he’s sharing my bed til the stitches come out to save him from the wrath of Moose! :o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I'm so sick. Dogs haven't really been out today and I thought they'd be bouncing off the walls by now.... nope.

Apparently I'm forgiven because they're allowed on the bed this evening. Everyone is snuggled down and avoiding eye contact in case I tell them to get off the bed. 😂

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement