Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

How is Oliver today mymo?

He was wagging his tail when he saw the snow, but he's not able to play, sleeping all day, bit brighter and eating but he can't get comfy, has a bit of razor burn too that's bothering him. Still swollen but can pee OK. He's watching peaky blinders with my daughter, cuddled on the sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Conversation with my mam lol
    me - Bloody hell it's FREEEEEZING!!
    I'm waiting for that washing machine to finish then i'll put the heat on to dry ;)
    me - Lucy's little feet are even cold!! (she's sitting beside me)
    :eek: I'll put that heat on now!!! Poor Lucy!!

:p:p:p

tk123 wrote: »
    Conversation with my mam lol
    me - Bloody hell it's FREEEEEZING!!
    I'm waiting for that washing machine to finish then i'll put the heat on to dry ;)
    me - Lucy's little feet are even cold!! (she's sitting beside me)
    :eek: I'll put that heat on now!!! Poor Lucy!!

:p:p:p

My daughter complained I was only putting fuel on the stove to keep our 17year old cat warm.

It was true, I told her to put on a jumper when she said it was cold.

mymo wrote: »
    My daughter complained I was only putting fuel on the stove to keep our 17year old cat warm.

It was true, I told her to put on a jumper when she said it was cold.

my excuse always 'it's not my fault - I only have a half thyroid!' :o:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I used my storage heaters again for the first time in years, just because of the cats. Couldn't have them freezing the whole day at home while I was cosy in my nice warm office.

• Advertisement

my excuse always 'it's not my fault - I only have a half thyroid!' :o:pac::pac:

Daughter has thyroid issues too, but was walking around in a vest top and leggings with no socks on. It was snowing outside, a jumper was reasonable suggestion. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Ran out of firelighters the other day so the other half said he'd pick some up on the way home. Little bit chilly in the house, switched on the heating but apparently that wasn't enough for Hoops. Ended up having to turn on the radiator that we don't use in the living room, move coffee table, coal bucket and basket out of the way in order to move his bed in front of it. He doesn't cope too well in spring when we stop lighting the stove!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Moose has spent the last few days glued to the fireplace. He can’t cope with the cold at all, sometimes he’ll even go looking for his jumpers to put on if it’s very cold :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Well good to know Mr C doesn’t get too cold... sitting here with my warmest blanket, Mr C in his snow coat on my lap, no electricity or heating cause someone set our bins on fire & esb has turned off the power for safety...:{

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

em_cat wrote: »
    Well good to know Mr C doesn’t get too cold... sitting here with my warmest blanket, Mr C in his snow coat on my lap, no electricity or heating cause someone set our bins on fire & esb has turned off the power for safety...:{

Aw gee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

A couple of weeks ago I brought Benson into the vets as he had another lump. I wasn't worried, he's a lumpy boy, he has had at least one lump per year, which follow the same procedure - into vets, get samples aspirated and sent off to the lab -results have always been benign cysts. Not this time - a mast cell tumour :(. Vet rang me last Monday week with the results and I've been sick with worry since then. He was to come in Wed week (ie today) for scans to check for spread and also bloodwork to make sure doubly sure. The past 9 days have dragged by. I've been waking up in the middle of the night worrying about it.

Roll forward to today and he's in first thing. Miraculously I had found it in time and there was no spread, so then he had surgery to remove it - with wide margins to ensure all cells were removed. I only got him home at about 8pm though, he should have been in surgery around midday but an emergency came in so his surgery got put back til mid afternoon so he was the last discharge this evening. The lump was on his back leg so he's got an 8cm wound in an awkward enough place for sitting, getting up/down off the couch, and possibly squatting to poo. Right now he's still out of it from the aneasthetic but it's going to be tough keeping him quiet until it heals. I'll be on the couch tonight, I'd normally kick the husband into the spare room, but I don't want Benson having to get up or down onto the bed. I'll take the cushions off the other couch/chair so if he wants to get up, it's literally a step up rather than putting pressure on the wound. Although I think tonight he'll barely move, he's had a horrific day, but with good news at the end.

You must be exhausted after the last few weeks. Glad to hear it was good news and in sure you will have Benson spoiled until he's fully back to himself.

Bells21 wrote: »
    You must be exhausted after the last few weeks. Glad to hear it was good news and in sure you will have Benson spoiled until he's fully back to himself.

I am exhausted! Vet actually rang me after scans/bloods to tell me the good news that it hadn't spread, so I was pottering around thinking, "I'll have a glass or two of wine tonight to de-stress". Got home with him and after making him comfortable, giving him some chicken and wet food and putting the child to bed I actually stopped and realised I felt sick - you know that twisted stomach/stressed sick? So no appetite for wine, a cup of tea and into the pjs. I'll be able to sleep tonight, but I won't be able to relax, if you know what I mean.

Oh poor Benson and poor you :( It’s actually a year today since Bailey’s knee surgery. I got a bit teary eyed in work when I saw my FB memory from a year ago - his paw in my hand downstairs before we left for the Vets! He’s back tomorrow for a checkup and I hope he’s doing as well as I think. Slighty worried now about his new lump after reading about Bensons(!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

What a scary couple of weeks :(

Best wishes to Benson for a speedy recovery.

Hope Benson is recovering well, it's stressful I know.

Oliver is barking for walks now, I'm guessing he's feeling much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Great relief to know the lump was found early - poor Benson, how is he today? these "lumpy dogs" would break your heart when you find another lump - that panic and sinking feeling. Have your glass of wine tonight instead. Hope he recovers quickly.

aonb wrote: »
    these "lumpy dogs" would break your heart when you find another lump - that panic and sinking feeling.

The vet just said the same thing to me - she has a lumpy dog! Bailey's new one is just fat so all good - I couldn't find it at first and she told me to trim some of the fur next time I find one so it'll be easy to find again!
    The vet is really happy with him. He's to go back in 4 weeks for another session all going well - sooner if we need it. :D

He's still not himself at all, but yesterday would have been incredibly tough on him, physically and mentally. He didn't pee last night but hadn't drunk any water, just eaten some wet food so I didn't worry. He woke at 5am (perhaps the morphine had worn off) and was a bit disorientated, and dehydrated I reckon, he drank water for about 2 solid minutes out of his bowl and then settled back down. He didn't move when I got up, and eventually got up around 8 ish for breakfast and has definitely had a couple of wees, no poo yet though. I hope it won't be tough for him.

Oliver got his stitches out a few days early, he was very stressed and licked his legs until they were sopping wet. He couldn't walk without trying to scratch, and I was worried so call vet. When she saw him she said he'd healed great and stitches were pulling so she took them out.
    He's been asleep since we came home, was quite and calm all the way home, has to keep the blow up collar on until he goes back Monday.

• Advertisement

He's still not himself at all, but yesterday would have been incredibly tough on him, physically and mentally. He didn't pee last night but hadn't drunk any water, just eaten some wet food so I didn't worry. He woke at 5am (perhaps the morphine had worn off) and was a bit disorientated, and dehydrated I reckon, he drank water for about 2 solid minutes out of his bowl and then settled back down. He didn't move when I got up, and eventually got up around 8 ish for breakfast and has definitely had a couple of wees, no poo yet though. I hope it won't be tough for him.

Oliver didn't poo until Sunday evening, he'd had op Friday lunchtime, vet said it was fine as they are fasted before op and don't get appetite back right away, but if it went to third day I was to call.

LOL LOL I just ordered a care package on zooplus for my friend's dog. They're having a hard time getting him to eat so some nice treats and a few squeakies ordered for him. I put her OH's number as the contact - he's going to be scratching his head in a few days when he gets a text saying there's a parcel coming.. more so when it arrives with Rebel's name on it :pac:

mymo wrote: »
    Oliver didn't poo until Sunday evening, he'd had op Friday lunchtime, vet said it was fine as they are fasted before op and don't get appetite back right away, but if it went to third day I was to call.

Benson attempted on Thursday morning but wasn't able to hooch over as much as he liked so got some "debris" on his tail/bum hair:o. But he was still a bit out of it Thurs, much better form yesterday and he did a grand one yesterday evening so alls good!

This time last year Bailey was post op and very unsettled. Took him out and he lay down ‘what are you do.. oooh’ - he pood lying down :p

This time last year Bailey was post op and very unsettled. Took him out and he lay down ‘what are you do.. oooh’ - he pood lying down :p

God love them, they have NO idea why parts of them feel strange after surgery. Bensons wound is right beside his leg muscles, so to strain the muscles must have felt completely wierd and a bit sore. I can totally see why Bailey would poo lying down!

Somebody in work just told me they're in the process of ALLOWING DOGS IN WORK!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Somebody in work just told me they're in the process of ALLOWING DOGS IN WORK!! :D
    You're so lucky! My boss April fooled me with that one a couple of years ago, I think he regretted it when he saw my unbounded joy!

You're so lucky! My boss April fooled me with that one a couple of years ago, I think he regretted it when he saw my unbounded joy!

How incredibly mean!! I would love to be able to bring them to work, although with a room full of junior infants and two dogs I don't think my sanity could take it. Although our JRT would be great at enforcing the 'no running in the classroom' as he loves to 'catch' things that run and our mini schnauzer would be great at teaching them to count because they would not get away with giving just 1 biscuit lol!

I don't know if it's a bring your dog to work day thing or bring them any time lol. I told somebody in the office and they were beaming at the thought of it :p

Poor Bailey has been lame since he had FNA on a small fatty lump on the front of his leg last week! I wonder if the needle going in tweaked something!? :confused:

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote:
    Poor Bailey has been lame since he had FNA on a small fatty lump on the front of his leg last week! I wonder if the needle going in tweaked something!?

Oh no, hopefully it's something that's easily resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement