Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Anyone else get Tesco green clumping cat litter?. They've changed it and it doesn't clump anymore, just falls apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Oliver is feeling much better, walkies the last few days and he's met new dogs, and old friends, not been cross with any of them, which is great, I was worried he'd been snappy a bit last couple of months, must have been the pain and discomfort of the stone. Fingers crossed he stays as happy, got to build back up to longer walks, wound healing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Bailey was sick a few times this morning. I hope it’s not a bug like last time :(. He hasn’t been sick for about 3 hours but just had a drink and his tummy is back gurgling! Sounds like he has a kitten in his tummy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Got the results back on Bensons tumour yesterday. Low to intermediate grade and the cell structure was such that they deemed it to have a a very low to zero rate of reoccurance given that they got a 2 inch tissue margin around it. A precautionary scan in 6 months and to keep doing what I'm doing, ie giving him a good once over for lumps and bumps.:)

Stitches are healing well and they had said he might get them out yesterday, turns out they are the absorbable ones anyway, the vet went to take them out and only realised when she took a closer look:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Happy Easter to you and Benson BorderlineinMeath - you must be so relieved :)

• Advertisement

I spent over an hour this morning peeling the foil off those little chocolate mini eggs, then wrapping them around grapes. I'm waiting for daughter and her friends to arrive and leaving the packet on the table...
    She's gonna kill me, takes her chocolate very seriously, bye everyone, its been fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

aonb wrote: »
    Happy Easter to you and Benson BorderlineinMeath - you must be so relieved :)

Delighted and relieved. So's Benson, he had his first off lead run today, I'm sure he thought he'd never get off the lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I was considering adding a third cat to my crew, very tempted when a friend contacted me with an adult maine coone for rehoming. After a 24 hour period of the two of them completely wrecking my head Iv completely changed my mind. I hung curtains in the sitting room and spent a whole evening pulling cats off them that were too stupid to figure out how to get under them to the windowsill.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I was considering adding a third cat to my crew, very tempted when a friend contacted me with an adult maine coone for rehoming. After a 24 hour period of the two of them completely wrecking my head Iv completely changed my mind. I hung curtains in the sitting room and spent a whole evening pulling cats off them that were too stupid to figure out how to get under them to the windowsill.

Reminds me of my Siamese kitten breeding days. ... I gave up on cloth curtains //

Zapperzy wrote: »

But a Maine coon!
    I'd love one, but we have 4 cats already.

Never had trouble with curtains with mine, Toby even pulls the blinds out to get around them, I even have curtain on the French doors which Figgy likes to hide behind with just her big floofy tail sticking out.
    Biggest problem is hoovering hair off the curtains.
    Try showing them how to get around or under them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

mymo wrote: »
    But a Maine coon!

Never had trouble with curtains with mine, Toby even pulls the blinds out to get around them, I even have curtain on the French doors which Figgy likes to hide behind with just her big floofy tail sticking out.

I know, very tempted but afraid to upset our two. It's an average sized 3 bed house but they're indoor cats, I'd be afraid of overcrowding them and upsetting the balance.

As for the curtains I'm sure they'll eventually figure it out, I tried showing them how to get under them and even left a gap in the middle to jump between but they kept insisting on just clawing at them either end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

mymo wrote: »
    But a Maine coon!

Great name! :)

aonb wrote: »
    Great name! :)

My daughter named her Arabella Figg, after the character from Harry Potter (grey haired, nervous, crazy cat lady), we tried every variation of the name and figgy was what she responded to.
    She was small nervous and grey, she's now huge, nervous and beautiful, the ginger cat in the pic is a large 17year old boy of about 4kg, I'd say she's about 6kg, she's about 3 inches taller than him and has massive hairy paws.
    vsm4ht.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I think she captured my soul when I stared at her eyes a little too long lol! Beautiful looking cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

We have discovered that our bathroom has the best acoustics in the house. How you ask?
    When Moose is in a mood he goes in there to meow as loud as he can because he discovered the sound is intensified. We now have to keep the bathroom door closed.
    For anyone considering getting a Bengal, do not underestimate how vocal they are :pac:

Oh we always had to keep our bathroom closed to stop the cat turning on the taps and flushing the toilet lol :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

We have discovered that our bathroom has the best acoustics in the house. How you ask?
    When Moose is in a mood he goes in there to meow as loud as he can because he discovered the sound is intensified. We now have to keep the bathroom door closed.
    For anyone considering getting a Bengal, do not underestimate how vocal they are :pac:

Need a recording big time!.

Watched some Bengal cats on youtube. Great fun .

Woul love a rare breed like that again, but committed when I stopped breeding Siamese when I came to Ireland, to taking in strays and have never regretted it . Lost count of how many; three here now.

One literally hammering at the door to get in just now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Need a recording big time!.

Your wish is my command!
    This is just a normal bathroom meowing situation which he does if he is anywhere with a closed door. Imagine this x10 if he is in a mood :pac:

Edited to add: he is now running around terrified of the sound of the video of himself meowing. What have I raised. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Your wish is my command!
    This is just a normal bathroom meowing situation which he does if he is anywhere with a closed door. Imagine this x10 if he is in a mood :pac:

Edited to add: he is now running around terrified of the sound of the video of himself meowing. What have I raised. :o

Oh my, Moose is giving me flashbacks. We had a deaf, full white, moggie who sounded like that if anyone was in the shower.

Ps, luv the tiles...:)

I accidentally shut Ruby in my room going to bed, and she even talks in her sleep, she was chirping like a bird at 5am, woke me during the night talking in her sleep.
    Anyone else notice torties are very chatty cats?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Lol he kinda sounds like a Baby :D

Poor Bailey was sick again this morning. Took him to the vets as he was due his laser in the next week anyways so was expecting him to be fine and we get laser.. nope - he's really sore in his tummy! Could be from the antibiotics he was on but could also be pancreatitis. Some injections and I opted to get bloods drawn too rather than having go back if it happens again etc etc.. She warned that one of the injections would pain him.. well OMG he yelped and cried when he got it - normally he'd growl to say FO but never cry like this!! He's drugged up now and fast asleep. My second suspect was the food we'd been trying the last month so going to switch back to Nutriment to be safe - they do a low purine one for pancreas, kidney issues etc etc

tk123 wrote: »
    Poor Bailey was sick again this morning. Took him to the vets as he was due his laser in the next week anyways so was expecting him to be fine and we get laser.. nope - he's really sore in his tummy! Could be from the antibiotics he was on but could also be pancreatitis. Some injections and I opted to get bloods drawn too rather than having go back if it happens again etc etc.. She warned that one of the injections would pain him.. well OMG he yelped and cried when he got it - normally he'd growl to say FO but never cry like this!! He's drugged up now and fast asleep. My second suspect was the food we'd been trying the last month so going to switch back to Nutriment to be safe - they do a low purine one for pancreas, kidney issues etc etc

Oh no, so sorry to hear Bailey is feeling so poorly, hope he gets feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Poor Bailey :(

Well he's feeling much better after his injections. Bloods were fine - no liver or kidney issues and one of the levels for the pancreas test is slightly abnormal so going to change their food back and keep it low fat.

tk123 wrote: »
    Well he's feeling much better after his injections. Bloods were fine - no liver or kidney issues and one of the levels for the pancreas test is slightly abnormal so going to change their food back and keep it low fat.

Glad to hear it!!

em_cat wrote: »
    Glad to hear it!!

Ah he’s still very down in the dumps. :( Although he finally poo’d so I’m hoping he turns a corner over the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

That proud moment in a puppy owner's life, not the first leg cock, but the first piece of cutlery taken off the kitchen worktop!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement