Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

The train issue is why I learned to drive. I could take the terriers in their crates but Finn is too big.

Thanks for the replies. Made me feel less like a big whinge and more like I'm right and it is ridiculous! :)

I'm in bad form this week and that seemingly little thing just really annoyed me. We lost our family dog Elmo just over a week ago. (Some you might remember him from the pic I put up at Christmas where he's looking like ALF.) He was very old and his kidneys were failing and we made the decision to let him go. Our hearts are broken. It's a great comfort to know he lived such a long life and he was spoiled every single day of it. He seriously had the most amazing 16 years with us. But yeah, I'm heartbroken.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thanks for the replies. Made me feel less like a big whinge and more like I'm right and it is ridiculous! :)

I'm in bad form this week and that seemingly little thing just really annoyed me. We lost our family dog Elmo just over a week ago. (Some you might remember him from the pic I put up at Christmas where he's looking like ALF.) He was very old and his kidneys were failing and we made the decision to let him go. Our hearts are broken. It's a great comfort to know he lived such a long life and he was spoiled every single day of it. He seriously had the most amazing 16 years with us. But yeah, I'm heartbroken.

(((HUGS)))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭jellybear

So sorry for your loss BuileBeag :(

jellybear wrote: »
    So sorry for your loss BuileBeag :(

Thanks Jellybear x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Awww, builebeg, I'm sorry, 16 is a good age, I saw the pic, I have a soft spot for the scruffy look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Sorry for your loss builebeag :(

Thanks guys x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

So sorry builebeag :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Rip Elmo! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

So sorry :(

I've just had a call from the vet to say our 17year old cat has kidney failure, not severe, but not mild either. He had bloods done last week as he has gotten very stiff and vet wanted to check his health before giving anti inflammatory.
    Going switch to kidney diet for now and see how he goes, meds will be next step if there's any sign he's getting worse.

Met a lovely dog this week and cannot remember what it was. Like a husky but smaller.Light brown and "talked" rather than barked...Japanese something? Same distinctive sideways curved tail.

The young couple were about to tackle Croagh Patrick with it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Graces7 wrote: »
    Met a lovely dog this week and cannot remember what it was. Like a husky but smaller.Light brown and "talked" rather than barked...Japanese something? Same distinctive sideways curved tail.

Shiba inu?.

Joshua J wrote: »
    Shiba inu?.

Thanks. Looks about right but much smaller than a husky. 4 years old. Lovely dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

mymo wrote: »
    I've just had a call from the vet to say our 17year old cat has kidney failure, not severe, but not mild either. He had bloods done last week as he has gotten very stiff and vet wanted to check his health before giving anti inflammatory.
    Going switch to kidney diet for now and see how he goes, meds will be next step if there's any sign he's getting worse.

17 is a fantastic age! My 5 year old was just diagnosed with it, very early stage but still a shock nonetheless at her age. I don't know if you've found it yet but http://www.felinecrf.org/index.htm this website is a lifesaver for information. She's also released a book which is an exact copy of the website just in an easier to flick through format. There's also a forum full of people with ckd cats all sharing knowledge and experiences.

Hopefully the kidney diet keeps it at bay and he's many more years ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Thanks. Looks about right but much smaller than a husky. 4 years old. Lovely dog.

Shiba Inu's are often a bit smaller than a Beagle or a Cocker Spaniel. Photos of Shiba's can make them appear bigger than they actually are. :o

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Huskies don't have sideways curved tails

Zapperzy wrote: »
    17 is a fantastic age! My 5 year old was just diagnosed with it, very early stage but still a shock nonetheless at her age. I don't know if you've found it yet but http://www.felinecrf.org/index.htm this website is a lifesaver for information. She's also released a book which is an exact copy of the website just in an easier to flick through format. There's also a forum full of people with ckd cats all sharing knowledge and experiences.

Hopefully the kidney diet keeps it at bay and he's many more years ahead of him.

Thank you, hadn't seen that, 17 is pretty good, fingers crossed the food helps.
    5 is pretty young but at least you caught it early and can start to manage it. Hope you get many more years with your girl too.

VonVix wrote: »
    Shiba Inu's are often a bit smaller than a Beagle or a Cocker Spaniel. Photos of Shiba's can make them appear bigger than they actually are. :o

I found some youtubes of them and yes! What lovely dogs... Thank you

• Advertisement

Bailey not impressed with having an injection in his bum this morning and asked to leave.. 5 mins later the sedation kicked in lol :p. He's getting a cyst/lump removed from his paw. The vets let me wait while he's sedated so he's not stressing out when he's left behind :o

451346.png

EDIT it was an injection not infection lol!! :p Anyways cyst removed and I collected him at lunchtime. He's in good form and resting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Haven't really posted in this forum since we lost our Bob last year, but spending a chilled out Sunday babysitting my sister's puppy today and it's so nice...
    So far we have not moved from the couch, I have a latte in my hand and an audio book on the iPad and she is curled up on my lap chasing something on her dreams! Heaven!
    I miss having one of my own so much, I need to figure out work/life arrangements to let me have one again.
    This lady is a rescue, and I was here the day she arrived, tiny and peed on and terrified. It's amazing to see the difference a few months makes, she is a right little princess now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

So Bella has a date for her assessment (and my interview) with Irish Therapy Dogs. Really looking forward to (hopefully) passing and starting to visit. Has anyone been through the interview/assessment that could tell me what to expect at it?

Oohhhh I’ll be able to tell you all about it tomorrow evening! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

tk123 wrote:
    Oohhhh I’ll be able to tell you all about it tomorrow evening!

Oh best of luck with it! I'm dreading the long drive to Dublin for it but hopefully it will be worth it.

:(:(:( One of the new cygnets in the park was killed by a dog :( Also a retriever named and also named Bailey ...so I hope that nobody thinks it was MY Bailey(!).. B&L aren't allowed near the river off lead until I've checked that there's no swans around and it'll stay that way until they move on - the same as any time there's swans and cygnets or ducklings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

My poor dog is in the vets since Sunday. Thwy say he had parvo, though he has had all his vaccinations. He ia slowly getting better but when the vet rings she is not hopefully at all for him. Ive been in to him today and yesterday to fees him and i do see an improvement in him but maybe he is just that way with me.
    Really hope he will pull through it. I've a little girl at home who will be as devastated as me if he has to go to doggy heaven.

oh no :( I hope he pulls through!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

MiliMe wrote: »
    My poor dog is in the vets since Sunday. Thwy say he had parvo, though he has had all his vaccinations. He ia slowly getting better but when the vet rings she is not hopefully at all for him. Ive been in to him today and yesterday to fees him and i do see an improvement in him but maybe he is just that way with me.
    Really hope he will pull through it. I've a little girl at home who will be as devastated as me if he has to go to doggy heaven.

:(
    any update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

My cat has lost his miaow. Now he's lost it before to being outside wailing & talking to others but always came back in a few days. Now it's been fully gone for almost 2 weeks, he tries to miaow but nothing comes out, not even a squeak. He can purr but now it sounds very rusty or grating too. Will I get him something incase it's inflamed? I miss his little calls for mayonnaise :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement