Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

The bottle the vet gave me said Hyos, I presume it's hyoscyamus but I'm not sure of the strength it was, I think the vet said it was for a very sexual being who was scared easily or something along those lines, I know I found it very amusing at the time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Thanks a mil - will look into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Your first BBQ silly?! I've had ours going MONTHS lol! I do wedges on it and have dropped one twice...so Bailey camps out beside it lol! He's very good though - he waits until I tell him to take it :)

Anyhoos does anyone do comp obedience? We went along to a class the other night and I'm not sure what to make of it!? I like how my gun dog can walk and sniff and still keep the lead loose - on whatever side he's comfortable on, I like that he drops his ball when he retrieves, and I like the commands we use already lol and don't feel the need to change them? Not sure it's worth the hassle -I like him the way he is lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Looking after a neighbour's dog for 10 days starting this week. Cute little thing she is, she's staying in the owner's house but I'l probably bring her up for a few playdates to see how himself reacts, he's met her on walks a few times and they got on well. She's absolutely spoiled rotten though.

Zapperzy wrote: »
    She's absolutely spoiled rotten though.

Ah but aren't they all? :pac:

Tried doing some work on BB's separation anxiety over the weekend - I spied on him over facetime with my ipad and iphone haha :D Tried him in the car with a frozen kong.. after 45 mins of not barking/crying I decided to check on him and he'd only gotten a couple of mms down lol - he would have been there all night trying to get it lol!

216879.JPG

hehe 5000 posts! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Not feelin the best today, Millie hasn't left my side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Just home from the EGAR dog show. had a great day, lexi come third in prettiest female :-) am a bit sunburned :-(

Went to a dog show in Limerick today and oh my god I need a harlequin great dane!! All the dogs are fab :)

Went to a dog show in Limerick today and oh my god I need a harlequin great dane!! All the dogs are fab :)

LOL!!! I met an 8 month old one last year..he was so sweet and gentle. I was petting him - he was sitting down and looking up - his nose was on my chin lol!! I'd love to meet him again for a pic as I'd imagine he's now taller than me!! :pac::pac::pac:

Anyhoos - met our friends new guide dog pup this evening. I WANT A PUPPY!!! :P Stuck in crappy stop-gap job atm which has just messed everything up so no chance atm until I get something closer to home/daycare. I can't get home from town in time in the evenings to be to take poor Bailey to daycare :( Leaving 8:00 in the morning, home and take him for a walk and it's usually 8:30 by the time I sit down for the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

There a harlequin Great Dane where I live. Owner has two - the harlequin and the other one is a blue. Both of them are ladies who sometimes play with my Shih Tzu. It's the funniest thing ever! My dog dives in under their legs and the GD's go crazy trying to figure out where he is.

Great for me 'cos the dog's absolutely knackered by the time I get him home! :D

• Advertisement

Can I come live with you??:D

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Looking after a neighbour's dog for 10 days starting this week. Cute little thing she is, she's staying in the owner's house but I'l probably bring her up for a few playdates to see how himself reacts, he's met her on walks a few times and they got on well. She's absolutely spoiled rotten though.

Well herself has been returned. She used to spend the evenings in our house everyday. Despite her being spoiled rotten and having basically no manners I'l miss her around the place. I wasn't sure how my fella would react to a lodger but he loved the company. There was one little correction from him after he put up with her licking his face all evening but after that they played, walked, slept and ate together no problem.

img3069d.jpg

Would it make you tempted to get a little brother or sister for your fella?:P

Would it make you tempted to get a little brother or sister for your fella?:P

If I could get the clone of my guy with a few tweaks I'd have 10 of them! :D Have thought about it and seeing him so content with another dog for company makes me think but in fairness at the moment between me being so busy with college this year and the uncertainty over what I'm doing after I finish this year it's not my decision to make.

Was also surprised with the cat's reaction to the lodger, she kept her distance (which was a good thing because this little madam is not cat friendly!) but was quite interested in observing her from a distance! I was expecting her to glue herself under my bed at one sight of her.

Was feeling particularly mischievous this morning so I decided to sneak up on Cream and 'shoot' him with a banana. He jumped up, slapped the banana then sniffed it and had a Flehman response, just in case the banana might be in heat and he missed out on it. Freak. He's now cosied up with the banana, if he wasn't neutered I'd worry about cat/banana hybrid kittens being delivered by the stork...

Millie is 1 year old today :)

birthdayj.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Happy Birthday Millie! :D

Im nearly finished my first week back in college and I miss my fur babies so much!!! Im just imagining the lovely greeting ill get from them tomorrow, loadsa licks, marks and lap sitting :) (although in reality ill probably be ignored, startled at and have my ankles slapped, the joys of cats :D)

My mam rang me today to tell me that Cream and my uncles pup (well one year old) Kero were wandering around the garden together holding opposite sides of the same stick! Eejits! Im so glad they are getting on so well after a shakey first few months of hissing and excited jumping/play bows. Alas Peach will never warm up to Kero enough to play but she will now happily walk past her without feeling the need to arch up and go into fluffy squirrel mode!

I'm dosed with a flu feeling very sorry for myself :(

A dog was dumped in our park yesterday evening :mad: tied to a tree with rope by two guys who legged it and drove off in a jeep. FFS the way people were reacting because he was a staffie made my blood boil. Took him to the vets but no chip (he had no collar on so no tags either). He seemed wary of other dogs - not aggressive just barking at them but not an option for me to take him home so the vets took him for the weekend and will call the pound on on Monday. :( A poster in lost & found said that they'll take him so hopefully a happy ending for him! Evening before read the riot act because Bailey and his friend barked at some girl who was reading - not stranger danger barking from Bailey more "I'm not sure about you so I'm going to try playbowing and barking and see if you're my friend". She went mad which makes me thing our boys weren't the only 2 to bark at her that evening.
    God only knows what will happen when we go to the park this evening!! :rolleyes::pac:
    Zapp it's being going around weeks!! I have allergies so antihistamines and steroids year round and usually manage to escape anything like that but got a dose of it a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement

!! Waiting in the vets an hour.. Man beside me has a small dog off lead!! He's poo'd, wee'd and will not stop barking! And there's a family with kids waiting with another dog and they're teasing the barking one to make him bark more. We're just here for boosters so it could be worse! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Back from my holliers after 10 days.....am sooooo relaxed! It was ages since my last break and was so needed. Didnt miss yas one bit :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

anniehoo wrote: »
    Back from my holliers after 10 days.....am sooooo relaxed! It was ages since my last break and was so needed. Didnt miss yas one bit :D:D

Welcome back to the real world :pac:

Where did you go?

Couldn't agree more. Back last week from a week in Donegal. Dog loved it, perhaps because she got to run the beach every morning. Lost two squeaky tennis balls in the sea but we brought plenty :P

milliek.jpg

milliedonegal.jpg

Whispered wrote: »
    Welcome back to the real world :pac:

Where did you go?
    Tenerife...scalded myself :D I didnt miss the computer at all to be honest but as soon as i got back i was straight back on it. Might try (might) and wean myself off it a little bit if i can.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Back last week from a week in Donegal. Dog loved it, perhaps because she got to run the beach every morning. Lost two squeaky tennis balls in the sea but we brought plenty :P

We were in Donegal too last week, right up in Inishowen. Didn't get great weather. How was it where you were?

This was the first time we brought the dogs on our holiday and it was the best one we ever had, despite the bad weather and the fact we didn't get to go abroad.
    Tenerife...scalded myself :D I didnt miss the computer at all to be honest but as soon as i got back i was straight back on it. Might try (might) and wean myself off it a little bit if i can.

:D Lucky! Bet you missed your babies?

The internet is so easy to get back into isn't it. Driving back I was thinking about checking my emails and worrying about maybe missing something important. Turns out internet life goes on without me :eek:

We were in Donegal too last week, right up in Inishowen. Didn't get great weather. How was it where you were?

This was the first time we brought the dogs on our holiday and it was the best one we ever had, despite the bad weather and the fact we didn't get to go abroad.
    Sorry meant week before last. Same week Dublin hit the mid twenties. Wasn't as good as that but it was good enough to go out in shorts :)

Our house is in Ballyshannon but we went right up as far as Malin Head one day to check out the giant "EIRE" sign.

Dog had a blast and was surprisingly good in the car. She completely KOd at night though... must have been the fresh Donegal air that did it to her :P

:D Lucky! Bet you missed your babies?
    Ah i missed Beanie yeah, although you'd swear id only gone 5 mins with the reaction (or lack of) when i walked in."Ohhh, its only you!" Heads straight for his food bowl. Cats really are gas!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Sounds like ye all had great holidays. I'm taking my two dogs on holiday next month for the first time, we're going down to Kerry. I think I'm half looking forward to it and half dreading it! One of them is still quite young and a bit... untrustworthy. Let me know if you've any pro tips to share!

• Advertisement

Sounds like ye all had great holidays. I'm taking my two dogs on holiday next month for the first time, we're going down to Kerry. I think I'm half looking forward to it and half dreading it! One of them is still quite young and a bit... untrustworthy. Let me know if you've any pro tips to share!

Millie is the same... she's only a year old. This was the first time that we let her off the lead properly. I was very surprised to be honest. She walk ahead of us, no more than 5-10 ft and kept looking back to see if we were still there :o

Our only problem was getting her back when it was time to go. We used a squeaky toy but she caught onto that quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement